Brown Leather Jacket

s1dnk

I was in All Saints the other day putting back a belt I had bought to now ex for Christmas. I couldn't get my money back, instead I was given vouchers.

Anyway I had a look about and I was quite taken by this brown leather jacket. I've never even thought of buying a leather jacket before, always thought of David Brent from the Office when I saw someone in one.

Is it acceptable to own and wear a brown leather jacket or should I just forget the idea?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in All Saints the other day putting back a belt I had bought to now ex for Christmas. I couldn't get my money back, instead I was given vouchers.

Anyway I had a look about and I was quite taken by this brown leather jacket. I've never even thought of buying a leather jacket before, always thought of David Brent from the Office when I saw someone in one.

Is it acceptable to own and wear a brown leather jacket or should I just forget the idea?

FORGET ABOUT IT!

What sort of style is it? Is it as you say, a David Brent 'Sergio Giorgini' effort? :itch-chin:

Was thinking of getting one myself, Superdry are doing a well smart black or brown leather jacket just now, however the styling isn't that old school style, so doesn't look dodgy!

Also a tad worrying you're looking for fashion advice on here :)

Guest LondonScottish
What sort of style is it? Is it as you say, a David Brent 'Sergio Giorgini' effort? :itch-chin:

Was thinking of getting one myself, Superdry are doing a well smart black or brown leather jacket just now, however the styling isn't that old school style, so doesn't look dodgy!

I bought a dark brown Oliver Sweeney the other day. Looks not bad.

Well I value the opinion of a dandy over anyone else so thought I'd get some honest opinions on here.

It's slightly David Brent looking now I think of it, might go for the Superdry one instead. I had been looking at it but I haven't seen it in the shops so would be a bit of a gamble buying online just in case it didn't fit. Have you seen it anywhere in Aberdeen?

I've got one, take that in whatever way you want ;)

Well I value the opinion of a dandy over anyone else so thought I'd get some honest opinions on here.

It's slightly David Brent looking now I think of it, might go for the Superdry one instead. I had been looking at it but I haven't seen it in the shops so would be a bit of a gamble buying online just in case it didn't fit. Have you seen it anywhere in Aberdeen?

I'm in Glasgow mate and we have a couple of Superdry stores down here where I've seen it. It's also in a shop called 'Bank' (which is a chain), is there one of them in Aberdeen?

If you do decide to buy it online, be careful. Superdry stuff in generally pretty small fitting, I'm a large in most things, but need an XL in SD gear. So ideally, you'd want to buy it in person as the

I have the Superdry leather jacket in black. I really like it except half of Aberdeen have it. When i first got it you could go into town and no one else would have it on, nowadays half the guys in a bar/club have it! Still a nice jacket though.

I just bought this quality leather jacket today to be an individual again but got the last size L- only Smalls left: New Leather

These Penguin ones are nice too:

Brown

Black

www.asos.com have the Superdry one in a few colours

I'm a big fan of the "Members Only" 70's racer-style leather jackets...

Really hard to track them down in the UK sadly... and they always cost a fortune! I'm not sure on sizing either, I'd need to try one on before spending a couple of hundred quid, ordering one from the internet. Can anyone tip me off? If there is a shop in London that stocks these type of jackets then I'd be willing to travel down there to pick one up... I just need to know exactly where!

Here is a second hand on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEMBERS-ONLY-LEATHER...A1%7C240%3A1318

I've also quite liked the look of a few leather jackets I've seen in G-Star too! Really nice fit as well... the only problem is that they all have "G-STAR RAW" or something like that, written or stitched into the jacket in massive lettering. I figure I'm too old to walk around like a mobile sandwich board these days!

i love that jacket actually and really want it, just a bit apprehensive about buying online without trying it on, size wise

id normally get a large, but im SURE im a 42 chest which is xxl according to cult.co.uk where i seen it!?

anyone got one to say if sizes are small made?

Get along to Braehead and you can get it in Bank (which is just on the right hand side as you walk in the main entrance) or the Superdry store, which is on the same floor, just along to the left as you walk in. It's actually reasonably big sized for SD gear, an XL will probably do ya.

If you get the last brown XL, I'm after ya though! :thumbup1:

cheers big ears

haha you after it an all in that size aye?

some people are selling it apparently brand new on ebay...

either way i need to try it on anyways

Yeah, but prob buy it in January sometime. Defo better to try it on, as it's a pain in the arse sending it back etc if it doesn't fit. Also SD stuff, like G-Star, is a bit weird with sizing, so head along to Braehead and check it out in person.

Edit: I thought you were well off ebay just now?!? :thumbup1:

Yeah, but prob buy it in January sometime. Defo better to try it on, as it's a pain in the arse sending it back etc if it doesn't fit. Also SD stuff, like G-Star, is a bit weird with sizing, so head along to Braehead and check it out in person.

Edit: I thought you were well off ebay just now?!? :laughing:

Well I just ordered a brown XL off the Asos website,