Gerrard Or Xavi?

Difficult to separate the two. They are both brilliant.

IMHO, nobody is capable of dominating a game in the manner that Xavi does for Barca & Spain. However, 15 minutes to go, your a goal down in a massive game... your team desperately needs someone to take a game by the scruff of its neck - step forward Steven Gerrard.

They are different styles of player, but I'll vote Xavi, purely because he has produced his top form for his country... something Gerrard has (mercifully) failed to do as yet.

i wont restart my whole "gerrard is overrated" argument again as that didnt go very well last time...

ill say xavi as he rarely has a bad game, hes always involved and pulls the strings. a key player for club and country. gerrard drifts in and out of games...but then when he drifts in, he usually scores.

i dislike gerrard not because of him as such, but because of the coverage he gets. the match last weekend vs hull was apparently a gerrard inspired comeback. having watched the highlights and seen him put the ball in the net twice from inside the area after reira and alonso ripped hull apart made me wonder what part of the draw was due to him other than standing there and netting goals that anybody standing there would have.

typical english media hype.

Difficult to separate the two. They are both brilliant.

IMHO, nobody is capable of dominating a game in the manner that Xavi does for Barca & Spain. However, 15 minutes to go, your a goal down in a massive game... your team desperately needs someone to take a game by the scruff of its neck - step forward Steven Gerrard.

They are different styles of player, but I'll vote Xavi, purely because he has produced his top form for his country... something Gerrard has (mercifully) failed to do as yet.

Take a bow/dive Steven Gerrard!