Amateur Football

Anyone else play? Hows everyone getting on?

I play for FC Geldie (formerly Frigate). We're on a good run of form just now, challenging for the title which we're more than capable of winning.

Has anyone else heard anything about a new website for the Amateur League that won't actually take months to be updated? Curious to check the league etc.

Cheers.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retired!!!!!!!

Just help with the day to day running of the team now.

Ah. You'll be one of the people i'll no doubt get into an argument with then :laughing:

Interesting to see your battling with AC Mill Inn at the top. We should have beat them in the Scottish Cup. The replay shouldn't have been played, the wind was mad but if it hadn't been played both teams would have been suspended from the tournament.

Hope someone else wins it as they really were a team of sh*te bags. Blatant diving all over the place.

Yeah were having a good season. AC Mill Inn beat us 2-1 in the league at the beginning. Looking forward for revenge. We have had some great wins this season our best one was knocking Cove Thistle out of the AFC cup.

Yeah I saw that. We beat them on pens (drew 4-4 aet) as well a couple of seasons back.

We're actually beating all the better teams and getting stupid scores against the sh*te :laughing:

So we're in agreement Mill Inn are c**ts :)

OMG. Just checked that there website and my old team, Walker Road, don't appear to exist any more.

We were the best amateur outfit in the mid 80's, in our opinion.

They sadly folded a couple of years ago.

Were you part of the Walker Road team that joined 7th Division after The District League folded?

Walker Road, Glendale, Potterton and Huntly all joined 7th division together, and had some cracking rivalries along the way to the top division. Glendale managed to be promoted every season from 7 to 1 in consecutive seasons, 83-89, while Walker Road had 2 seasons I think in Div 2, before reaching Div 1.

Walker Road - sadly missed.

i play for welsh league 2 side pontypridd town. we went bust in the summer and for a few weeks were dead. some business man came in and invested 40k so we had our fixtures delayed by a month so we could build a whole new team. lot of raggedy players (including myself) so were struggling. having a tough season but thats to be expected since nobody knows eachother and we train 1x a week whereas most other sides have been together for several years.

http://www.welshleague.org.uk/newsletter.htm

i got injured after the 1st game so just made it back to the bench this weekend. managed to win 3-2 and were in the process of signing 3 macedonian u21 players so hopefully the 2nd half of the season will be better.

Twas my era. Once, Glendale and us were playing for the title effectively - we both got promoted - and at 1-0 down, their centre forward time wasted by booting the ball towards the corner flag when I was retrieving for a goal kick. Jacky Wood gave me 28 days for "violent conduct - head butting" for breaking his nose. My manager wasn't happy with me, neither was our captain. I got dropped for one game by the club, and 28 days from the beaks.

Remember good tussles with Potterton but not Huntly.

Here I mind you, and so I should since it was my blxxdy nose!

Must have had it broken 4 or 5 times in 30 years playing the game.

I've never time wasted again though! :itch-chin:

C'mon the Pentwyn Dynamos :itch-chin:

cheeky b*stard. thats the ones we just beat at the weekend. been in the relegation zone since before our season started but that win finally pulled us out of it.

we were all over them the whole match but they took the 2 easy chances they were given. score went 0-1, 1-1. 2-1, 2-2, 3-2.

their goalkeeper went mental when our 2nd went in. ball over the top which he should have came for but their defender looked odds on to get there 1st. our striker battles for it, out muscles him and chips the keeper. their manager gave him stick for not coming for it so he starts kicking the posts screaming "take me off then, i dont care, if im playing that sh*te then take me off." then after our 3rd he was punching the posts, going spare at everyone around him. funny as bits like. head was totally gone, coming for crossing and missing them, taking goal kicks that he was putting straight into touch. Everything that could go wrong, was.

Sorry. That was the only time I ever got in front of the beaks. You won't mind, being on the deck an all, but as I approached the ref, I was hauling off my jumper.

:thumbup1:

Nae apology required min. You boys were all ok and I mind bumpin into yoos in the toon on Saturday nights.

As for " the beaks ", I'm afraid there was a chair at the meetings with my name on it.

I had a woeful disciplinary record. Short temper always got me in trouble. Thing is I wouldna say boo to a goose in real life.

• 4 months later...
fit aboot junior football? anybody on here play juniors?

its an excellent excuse for knobs to swagger about town on sat nites in their club ties and suits thinking their pro's, apart from that the standard of football is pretty good, nothing compared to the glesgae juniors though.

believe there a few on here that play.

Anyone else play? Hows everyone getting on?

I play for FC Geldie (formerly Frigate). We're on a good run of form just now, challenging for the title which we're more than capable of winning.

Has anyone else heard anything about a new website for the Amateur League that won't actually take months to be updated? Curious to check the league etc.

Cheers.

Looks like FC Geldie have slipped up since Dec 21st.

What team would that be? Echt? Going junior?

Well my mate says that there's supposed to be a team in the premier 'folding' although it could well be a case of Chinese whisper and we've suggested that this might be the reason for it. Who knows. But the fact that we're now in May and it's still not clear how many teams will even be relegated from the Super League in the Juniors means that it's all up in the air at the moment and things are far from clear

Big game for you next week against Newtonhill Dave was saying. Apparently third might be enough for at least a playoff with rumours of a premier league team withdrawing from the league. All the best

Aye good shout, I forgot about Echt possibly gan junior.

Good luck then Bobo, go get 3rd and give yersel a chance.