Calderwood Sacked

shame. i know a few guys up there.

fitness coach is second to none. proper student of the game. picked his career over his wife not long ago. hell have no problem getting another job as alardyce likes his style but its still a shame for the other guys who aint as good.

shame. i know a few guys up there.

fitness coach is second to none. proper student of the game. picked his career over his wife not long ago. hell have no problem getting another job as alardyce likes his style but its still a shame for the other guys who aint as good.

I know a few people connected to Forest too... and his over-egging of coaching methods upset a lot people at the club. Apparently he'd employed a whole host of psychological experts/sport scientists and even a troop of pilates gurus - I'm led to believe quite a few felt all this stuff was a load of bullshit and that he was in well over his head.

I know a few people connected to Forest too... and his over-egging of coaching methods upset a lot people at the club. Apparently he'd employed a whole host of psychological experts/sport scientists and even a troop of pilates gurus - I'm led to believe quite a few felt all this stuff was a load of bullshit and that he was in well over his head.

So who are the early favourites for it SOTR and who do you want to get it?

Ian Holloway is free, great manager. :angry2:

I've already spoken to MiniJC about this....

Without naming names, I know a couple of guys connected Forest. One is an ex-player, still very in touch with the club and is still involved in areas, within the youth coaching side of things. The other works, high-up within the non-playing medical staff. Around a month ago, they were both informed that the club had made an informal approach towards Billy Davies - he was apparently very receptive. The ex-player, and I quote, told me "Billy Davies is a shoe-in, he's already got the job apparently." Make of that what you will.

However, the guy on BBC Nottingham that does all the Forest matches, Colin Frey, was saying earlier that the new manager definitely won't be Billy Davies - I have no idea if he's party to some other inside information, but he sounded fairly admanant.

It is highly likely other managers have sounded out on the sly too... but I haven't heard anything as of yet. Couldn't find anything online, so I'm heading down the bookies tomorrow, after my football match, if possible, to place a bet on Billy Davies - providing the odds aren't completely sh*t.

I'd personally take Billy Davies, if he can get Derby into the Premier League, he can do the same with Forest. However my own personal choice would be Gary Johnson. He worked wonders at Yeovil Town, taking them from the conference to the League One play-off final! He also nearly took Bristol City into the Premier League last season! I honestly think the guy has a bit of the Martin O'Neill about him!

A lot of folk I know in Nottingham want Psycho, some like Nigel Clough, but I reckon thats more through sentimentality... I have only been going to the games for the past 3 and a half years, so I haven't really much affinity to those former players. Alan Curbishley is aslo popular, but I doubt we'd get him. I reckon if Stuart Pearce was to declare an interest in the job, the chairman would probably bow to public pressure and appoint him (that is if the whole Davies thing turns out to be untrue).

Without naming names, I know a couple of guys connected Forest. One is an ex-player, still very in touch with the club and is still involved in areas, within the youth coaching side of things. The other works, high-up within the non-playing medical staff. Around a month ago, they were both informed that the club had made an informal approach towards Billy Davies - he was apparently very receptive. The ex-player, and I quote, told me "Billy Davies is a shoe-in, he's already got the job apparently." Make of that what you will.

However, the guy on BBC Nottingham that does all the Forest matches, Colin Frey, was saying earlier that the new manager definitely won't be Billy Davies - I have no idea if he's party to some other inside information, but he sounded fairly admanant.

It is highly likely other managers have sounded out on the sly too... but I haven't heard anything as of yet. Couldn't find anything online, so I'm heading down the bookies tomorrow, after my football match, if possible, to place a bet on Billy Davies - providing the odds aren't completely sh*t.

I'd personally take Billy Davies, if he can get Derby into the Premier League, he can do the same with Forest. However my own personal choice would be Gary Johnson. He worked wonders at Yeovil Town, taking them from the conference to the League One play-off final! He also nearly took Bristol City into the Premier League last season! I honestly think the guy has a bit of the Martin O'Neill about him!

A lot of folk I know in Nottingham want Psycho, some like Nigel Clough, but I reckon thats more through sentimentality... I have only been going to the games for the past 3 and a half years, so I haven't really much affinity to those former players. Alan Curbishley is aslo popular, but I doubt we'd get him. I reckon if Stuart Pearce was to declare an interest in the job, the chairman would probably bow to public pressure and appoint him (that is if the whole Davies thing turns out to be untrue).

An ex Derby manager for Forest boss?? :angry2:

Think he'd do alright though.

I agree about Gary Johnson. Surprised he's not left Bristol City yet, thought he'd of been approached for bigger jobs as has worked wonders there IMO. Although I doubt he'd look on Forest as much of a step up.

Hope whoever comes in keeps Forest up - more derby games for Leicester next season the better! :P

heard the same. lots of bickering behind the scenes. nobody felt like they were getting enough time with the players. except the fitness coach who was worked into the ground. from what ive heard, calderwood wanted everything the senior and reserve players did had to be okayed with ryland first. meant he was working 7 days a week but did it because he was given such enormous responsibility. I didnt know about the pilates stuff although ive got a feeling that would have been rylands input as he was big on core stability.

one of my lecturers from loughborough was the 1st team psychologist for years and years but was pushed out of the way by the new team that was brought in. hed been there since before Jess went down (whom he spoke highly of even though Eoin wasnt interested in the psychological side of the game) but was no longer required as the on site team were taken in.

bad times for forrest yet again. could easily be a huge club again if they get the right man in this time.

Talksport mentioned that Roy Keane might fancy having a crack at it and to be honest he got Sunderland up fom relegation to PL fighters so he cold do it with Forest.

Skybet have BD at evens (fav) sent Dave Stevens of coral an email and he said back tat they arn't doing a book on it yet but to keep an eye out on Oddschecker.

Talksport mentioned that Roy Keane might fancy having a crack at it and to be honest he got Sunderland up fom relegation to PL fighters so he cold do it with Forest.

Skybet have BD at evens (fav) sent Dave Stevens of coral an email and he said back tat they arn't doing a book on it yet but to keep an eye out on Oddschecker.

Ach, that's a pity. Not worth it at that price.

Good shout SOTR, bad shout Colin Frey it seems

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...est/7805993.stm

Davies it is.

It's a shame the odds weren't better, but nevermind. I guess that if even I knew the identity of new Forest manager, the bookies would too!

Think the board are hoping he can reproduce everything he achieved at Derby... still would have preferred Gary Johnson. Probably spells the end for our brilliant goalie Lee Camp & Robert Earnshaw - both were out of favour under Davies at Derby. Anyways, hopefully he can start with a win again the richest club in the world on Saturday!

Not a fan of Davies personally, mainly because he's a dirty hun... but I do think he'll do a good job. Speaking of hun's, Davies has always reminded of the duelling banjos player in Deliverance - probably thanks to his Hun inbreeding:

deliverance02.JPG_45339053_daviescredit.jpg

IF they still go down they will be right backup next season and probably go up again, I think Davis will do a good job and will probably keep those two players SOTR as he won't have too much money to spend I think.

Just had a wee look for their price for Saturday and they are 9/1 to win and draw at 4/1 which looks decent as Man city will field a weaker side and will probably stuggle.

IF they still go down they will be right backup next season and probably go up again, I think Davis will do a good job and will probably keep those two players SOTR as he won't have too much money to spend I think.

Just had a wee look for their price for Saturday and they are 9/1 to win and draw at 4/1 which looks decent as Man city will field a weaker side and will probably stuggle.

Still don't think we'll have enough to get any sort of a result at Eastlands, where Man City have been rampant.... It's the FA Cup & I believe Man City will play their strongest XI - our defence is far too dodgy!

The 4.2 last week away at Norwich was obvious, Norwich aren't much better than us and we'd just lost our manager - there was bound to be a reaction.