Livingston

Just heard Livi are having to delay the payment of December wages. (On Radio Scotland news, dont have a link)

Do they have any players worth getting on the cheap if in financial difficulties?

Livi will be the next team, to fold completely, I'm afraid. They've been living beyond their means for far too long now - it's a pity, they've at least shown some ambition as football club.

James McPake is a player I hear good thing about however, I'm sure I also heard there were a few teams down south looking at him.

Livingston players wait for wages

Livingston players have not received monthly salaries due to be paid last week by the Division One club.

The players were told on Monday morning that the money would be transferred from Italy on New Year's Eve.

And they were promised that the cash would be put into their accounts as soon as possible after that date.

Nobody from the West Lothian club, who play Dunfermline in a rearranged match on Tuesday, was available to comment on the situation at Almondvale.

It mirrors a similar recent problem at Hearts, whose Lithuanian bankers have switched from a weekly to monthly payment system in an attempt to end delayed payments.

Livingston have recently denied financial problems despite being sued for

It mirrors a similar recent problem at Hearts, whose Lithuanian bankers have switched from a weekly to monthly payment system in an attempt to end delayed payments.

:itch-chin:

I used to HATE livi when they were in the SPL, such an unlikeable team but wouldnt to wish to see them go to the wall.

Unfortunately a sign of the times and think we may see more teams like this struggle over the next year or so. As someone said in the paper the other day, if Woolworths is f**ked then what chance has football got?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...