North East Junior Football

I went to their Scottish Cup game against Vale of Lethian last season. Very enjoyable day out.

When was the last time a Junior side from the North East won the Junior Scottish cup?

I think Banks O Dee are the only team from the N/E that has won it , And that was in the 50s.

Banks O' Dee in 1957 I believe. :P

I think Banks O Dee are the only team from the N/E that has won it , And that was in the 50s.

I thought it was a while back(!) and I also had a feeling it was either Banks O' Dee or Sunnybank. I guess the Highland League must have an effect on the Junior game in the North East. I'd assume most decent semi-pro/amateur players would be playing for a Highland League side while in the Central Belt and Tayside it seems the Juniors is the highest level for players of that standard. Would that be a correct assumption to make?

I thought it was a while back(!) and I also had a feeling it was either Banks O' Dee or Sunnybank. I guess the Highland League must have an effect on the Junior game in the North East. I'd assume most decent semi-pro/amateur players would be playing for a Highland League side while in the Central Belt and Tayside it seems the Juniors is the highest level for players of that standard. Would that be a correct assumption to make?

I would think that assumption would be right.

The record crowd for a junior game , 76,000 !! in the 50s

Culter! :rolleyes:

Had a decent Scottish Cup run last season.

Me too!

Used to go to a lot of games when I lived there. One that sticks out was Junior Cup win over Baillieston at Crombie around 91. Was a full house, loads of weegies up, total underdogs against a top junior side and won 2-1.

Don't get out to many games these days since I live in town now.

Did a NE team not reach the final or semi in the 90's? East End maybe??

Culter reached the QF around 95/96 losing to Dunipace, would of been on Scotsport if they'd won!

Kick Fort William out and take two in a total waste of a team.

Aye they dont offer much do they.

It will be either 1 or 3 teams that will get accepted to even up the numbers in the league.

ICT and Ross County should look at putting there reserve teams in the HFL.