Bars/pubs In Town.

Mrs_Mols

My night didn't go to plan later on.

Got attacked by a bouncer for no reason

No way pal you arite? :o

Me and my mate got punched and kicked by the bouncers at Amicus Apple 7 years ago. Coppers came to speak to me a few days later as apparently they claimed we started it (which was utter bollocks). As it turned out they had previous for unprovoked attacks on punters. Utter serpents

Shit, really? On Belmont street?

Surely you powerslammed him?

Na, McNasty's.

Could see my pal was spoiling for a fight and he must've said something to someone when I was in the bog.

Came out and merry hell had broken loose. I got involved and 2 of the cunts took me down outside in the street, rolling about in the pishing rain :laughing: .

I've a cut to the back of the head, busted finger and a twisted knee.

One of the fuckers also had me in a choke hold which made me black out and I must've bit my tongue in the struggle.

So, not a good end to the night. Glory one though, and they'll get what's coming to them one day.

I remember I pulled a bouncers skull c/w his spine out of his body, outside ONeils

Strange - I only think it’s ABZ that the bouncers are tubes. I’ve never had issues elsewhere (Edinburgh perhaps)

The weegies took to me

I found with weegie bouncers, your average piss head wee cunt (me) wasn’t really a concern to them so they were friendly enough.

Never had much bother with bouncers really apart fae one fud fae exo who got me lifted for fuck all when jumping in to stop bouncers battering a mate.

There’s a young loun at my work who is off his heid, does MMA shit and basically goads bouncers for fun. They can’t get him into armlocks or fuck all as he knows the way to get out of them.

Have told him he will eventually get found out but is funny as fuck.

You've made that up have you?

:laughing:

Na, McNasty's.

Could see my pal was spoiling for a fight and he must've said something to someone when I was in the bog.

Came out and merry hell had broken loose. I got involved and 2 of the cunts took me down outside in the street, rolling about in the pishing rain :laughing: .

I've a cut to the back of the head, busted finger and a twisted knee.

One of the fuckers also had me in a choke hold which made me black out and I must've bit my tongue in the struggle.

So, not a good end to the night. Glory one though, and they'll get what's coming to them one day.

One of them have a wee pointy beard? I'd be disappointed if he was involved, I grew up with his family and they're all great people.

I remember I pulled a bouncers skull c/w his spine out of his body, outside ONeils

Strange - I only think it’s ABZ that the bouncers are tubes. I’ve never had issues elsewhere (Edinburgh perhaps)

The weegies took to me

Don’t know like as soon as the weegies hear your accent you’re fucked imo

Don’t know like as soon as the weegies hear your accent you’re fucked imo

Ach I was down this week and everyone was fine (bar walking into a pub in a shithole which is to be expected).

Even in the most hardcore Celtic bars everyone has been good to me.

Think the only place I've ever had trouble for my accent was Dunfermline.

Ach I was down this week and everyone was fine (bar walking into a pub in a shithole which is to be expected).

Even in the most hardcore Celtic bars everyone has been good to me.

Think the only place I've ever had trouble for my accent was Dunfermline.

Me and my mate had issues getting into a few places about 10 year ago which was annoying as was only there for the night too and needed to get pished after seeing another shite performance at Iprix
  • 2 months later...

The owner of a city lap dancing club shut down by officials is aiming to reopen it.

The Evening Express reported last July that Aberdeen City Council’s licensing board revoked the licence for The Mask on Bridge Street.

It followed allegations that staff were watering down drinks and overcharging customers for dances – accusations strongly denied by club boss Eric Chiong.

Now Mr Chiong has said he launched a legal appeal against the decision and he hopes to have the club reopened as soon as possible.

“I have appealed,” Mr Chiong said. “An initial hearing has already taken place and the next one will be a procedural hearing at Aberdeen Sheriff Court next month.

“Our view is that we should not have been closed. I am semi-retired and my family depends on income from the club. Every day it is closed deprives us of that income.

“I believe we have a strong case and want to reopen the club as soon as possible.”

Council documents seen by the Evening Express show the council had concerns about The Mask for 17 months before the licence was revoked. Then, on February 24 last year, two staff members – who Mr Chiong claims are contract workers – assaulted a customer.

Mohammed Iqbal, 29, was working as the club’s head doorman when he swung punches at the customer four times, before throwing him to the ground, placing him in a headlock and elbowing him in the face.

Another club worker, Chris Masson, joined Iqbal, then threw the man down a set of stairs and against a bar before finally throwing him into the road outside.

Iqbal, of Anderson Drive, Aberdeen, admitted assault to the victim’s severe injury and permanent disfigurement at Aberdeen Sheriff Court and was given 180 hours of unpaid work.

Masson, of Broomhill Road, Aberdeen, admitted assault and was given 120 hours of unpaid work.

Police Scotland imposed a four-month closure order after the incident and the council’s licensing board revoked the licence on the day that closure order expired.

An Aberdeen City Council spokesman said: “We can confirm an appeal has been lodged but as the case is ongoing we are unable to comment further at this time.”
  • 7 months later...

The closure of a popular Aberdeen bar is the “final nail in the coffin” of the city’s hospitality sector, according to an industry chief.

Cheerz Bar, which is located on Exchange Street, announced at the weekend it has closed until further notice due to the impact of Covid-19 restrictions.

Its owners said rules on background music were affecting the atmosphere and in turn, custom.

They said they would close with immediate effect to protect jobs – but plan to return once the policy on music has been reviewed.

p3-PJ-DB-02-30082020-01-006_36200443-858

The news was greeted with sympathy from others in the hospitality sector.

Tony Cochrane, the owner of a number of nightspots in the city centre including Club Tropicana and Private Eyes, had previously made a similar decision.

He said: “I have got total sympathy with the guys at Cheerz because it is pretty much impossible to operate at the moment.

“We have taken a similar decision in our own premises because it’s just not workable to open without music.

“The restrictions that are in place at the moment are the final nail in the coffin for the hospitality sector in the city.

“It is not good times at the minute and I just hope everyone can get through it.”

Announcing the decision to close, Cheerz said in a statement: “The management team deeply regret having to make this decision but we will be closing Cheerz with immediate effect at 2am after Sunday night’s trade.

“We attempted to stay open with the new regulations and restrictions in place but at this time it is not viable for us to operate as the restrictions affect takings too harshly making our losses more than remaining closed.

“As we mentioned previously the new regulations restricting background music has completely changed the atmosphere of our venue. This ultimately results in less custom.

“We are closing now to help protect our staff team of 40 retain jobs for as long as we can support them.

“We hope when the music policy is reviewed we will be able to reopen and welcome our customers back.