Man City - Shambles

Guest SS RED

Is this the worst attempt ever to try and buy the league?

Offers of 500 grand a week and they still don't want to come, Brazilians on 150k a week walking out of training, trying to sign Kaka but instead signing Craig Bellamy.

What a shambles.

Is this the worst attempt ever to try and buy the league?

Offers of 500 grand a week and they still don't want to come, Brazilians on 150k a week walking out of training, trying to sign Kaka but instead signing Craig Bellamy.

What a shambles.

I was very much not in the camp criticising them form spending so much on Kaka, they were hardly the first to tyr to buy success, and no doubt they won't be the last, but the way it's unravelling I have to say is funny as f**k.

IMO Kaka was the wrong type of player to go for. If they are going to buy a league, they need to buy a defence and goalie first, Richard Dunne is the worst excuse for a premiership defender Ive ever seen.

And as for signing Bellamy, wtf is the point? Hes like Jo but not as good and much more of a twat.

IMO Kaka was the wrong type of player to go for. If they are going to buy a league, they need to buy a defence and goalie first, Richard Dunne is the worst excuse for a premiership defender Ive ever seen.

And as for signing Bellamy, wtf is the point? Hes like Jo but not as good and much more of a twat.

It's the Real Madrid Galacticos Mk II. The Arabs want to be flash, and there's nothing flash about signing a defender. It's going to be a tough job managing there

Bellamy is a proven premiership goalscorer, certainly done more than Jo has. Jo ha been sh1t whenever I've seen him.

Agree about sorting out their defence and goalie though.

I think they need a holding midfielder more than anything... oh wait, they've just signed de Jong. Don't know much about him TBH.

Bellamy is a proven premiership goalscorer, certainly done more than Jo has. Jo ha been sh1t whenever I've seen him.

Agree about sorting out their defence and goalie though.

I think they need a holding midfielder more than anything... oh wait, they've just signed de Jong. Don't know much about him TBH.

Injury prone striker who has averaged just 10 goals a season in his career. Obviously they have money to burn, but it would have been better off spent elsewhere.

Edited jit ust for you, young man.

Hasn't proven himself anywhere. Just a vastly overrated player on the lookout to whore himself for his next signing on fee.

I didn't say he has proven himself. Far from it, the guy's a dick.

PS. Thanks for the 'young man' comment. Been a while since anyone said that to me.

Thanks for proving my point: 'proven premiership goalscorer'.

Looking at the premiership statistics it says that Bellamy has only ever broken the 10 goals mark once in his career. granted that was under Mark Hughes a few years ago when he got 13 goals.

Trying to think who they could realistically go for maybe a more consistent goalscorer like Fredi Kanoute maybe. Or maybe Mark Hughes? :thumbup1:

try and buy the league

i've never understood this argument. Every team buys players so in a way every team is trying to "buy the league".

For example look at Man Us tranfers in recent seasons

berbatov 31m

Rio F - 30m

Veron 28m

rooney 27m

Ruud 19m

Carrick 19m

Man City are playing catch up and realistically the only way they will attract top players is to pay shed loads more than anyone else. Chelsea were the same when Abramovic 1st took over now look at them.

i've never understood this argument. Every team buys players so in a way every team is trying to "buy the league".

For example look at Man Us tranfers in recent seasons

berbatov 31m

Rio F - 30m

Veron 28m

rooney 27m

Ruud 19m

Carrick 19m

Man City are playing catch up and realistically the only way they will attract top players is to pay shed loads more than anyone else. Chelsea were the same when Abramovic 1st took over now look at them.

It's hardly the same is it? For starters, the six players you named above were signed in six different seasons.

Man United, for better or worse, have not had a "sugar daddy" in the club. They went from Plc to owned by the Glazers who have barely put a bean into the club. Whatever transfers and wages they've paid they've financed it out of their (admittedly enormous and disproportionate) revenue. They have been supplemented by a combination of home grown players (Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Fletcher, O'Shea, Evans, Wellbeck) and astute youth signings at (relatively) modest fees (Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Anderson, Da Silvax2, Possebon, Tosic).

You could easily level the accusation at Chelsea but they along with Liverpool, Spurs and others have spent more than Man U in recent years.

It's hardly the same is it? For starters, the six players you named above were signed in six different seasons.

Man United, for better or worse, have not had a "sugar daddy" in the club. They went from Plc to owned by the Glazers who have barely put a bean into the club. Whatever transfers and wages they've paid they've financed it out of their (admittedly enormous and disproportionate) revenue. They have been supplemented by a combination of home grown players (Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Fletcher, O'Shea, Evans, Wellbeck) and astute youth signings at (relatively) modest fees (Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Anderson, Da Silvax2, Possebon, Tosic).

You could easily level the accusation at Chelsea but they along with Liverpool, Spurs and others have spent more than Man U in recent years.

Man U fan by any chance?