Robson (Celtic)

Forwards

Clarkson (Motherwell)

S Fletcher (Hibernian)

Iwelumo (Wolves)

McCormack (Cardiff)

K Miller (Rangers)

L Miller (Aberdeen)

Well done to Big Lee.... hopefully he will survive the final cull. Certainly deserves a place ahead of Clarkson, and probably Iwelumo (Who is clearly not the answer). Defence looks an absolute shambles, Alexander, Naysmith, Barr and McAllister should be nowhere near the Scotland squad. Similarly Gavin Rae and Barry Ferguson in midfield. What a joke.

DOD MUST GO!

DMG!

a shocker of a squad and shows the lack of quality we have

Defenders

Alexander (Burnley) shxte and over the hill no pace

Barr (Falkirk) grossly over rates

Berra (Wolves) jury is out

Broadfoot (Rangers) gash and slow

Caldwell (Celtic) see above

McAllister (Bristol City) no comment

McManus (Celtic) see caldwell

Naysmith (Sheffield United) total pish and lost all pace

Weir (Rangers) disgrace and slower than the slow guys

McAllister? Jesus wept.

What does McNaughton need to do to get a call up? He should be in ahead of the prehistoric Alexander and Broadfoot.

I see where your coming from as Alexander, Broadfoot & McAllister are dreadful... but I always felt McNaughton was over-rated at Aberdeen. He was a decent player, prone to some extended dips in form, and nothing more.

I watched the Cardiff vs Arsenal match the other day, looking forward to seeing how McNaughton had progressed - he was awful that day, I don't think he completed a pass to a team mate all afternoon!

Gavin Rae was outstanding for Cardiff in their recent game against Arsenal. That's probably why he's there. Bit worrying that a player could be called-up on the basis of one decent performance, but hey ho!

This is why, I think, McNaughton has missed out, as I alluded to earlier. McNaughton had a shocker against Arsenal. Burley must have been sat a home watching that match.... probably drifting in and out of a drunken stupor...

Centre of defence is very worrying but don't think there's much better out there. (Not Zander before anyone says)

Berra has to start. He is the best player and is in great form. Quite straightforward.

No idea who he should be paired with though.... I'd probably side with Caldwell, as he's a bit better on the ball than the other candidates, and brings something slightly different to the table. He is still sh*te though.

neil collins at wolves ?

I've followed him very closely, as he used to play for Dumbarton.

I would love it if he was called up, but to be honest I don't think he's good enough to play for Scotland. For Wolves fans he's the equivalent of Darren Mackie or Richie Foster... the fans hate him and usually make him the scapegoat. However, he usually plays fullback, and not in his favoured centre half position.

a shocker of a squad and shows the lack of quality we have

Defenders

Alexander (Burnley) shxte and over the hill no pace

Barr (Falkirk) grossly over rates

Berra (Wolves) jury is out

Broadfoot (Rangers) gash and slow

Caldwell (Celtic) see above

McAllister (Bristol City) no comment

McManus (Celtic) see caldwell

Naysmith (Sheffield United) total pish and lost all pace

Weir (Rangers) disgrace and slower than the slow guys

Been outstanding this season and should be first pick for centre half.

Goalkeepers

Gordon (Sunderland)

Marshall (Norwich)

McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Alexander (Burnley)

Barr (Falkirk)

Berra (Wolves)

Broadfoot (Rangers)

Caldwell (Celtic)

McAllister (Bristol City) - f**kING c**t

McManus (Celtic)

Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Weir (Rangers)

Midfielders

Brown (Celtic)

Commons (Derby)

Ferguson (Rangers)

D Fletcher (Manchester United)

Hartley (Celtic)

Morrison (West Brom)

Rae (Cardiff)

Robson (Celtic)

Forwards

Clarkson (Motherwell)

S Fletcher (Hibernian)

Iwelumo (Wolves)

McCormack (Cardiff)

K Miller (Rangers)

L Miller (Aberdeen)

Well done to Big Lee.... hopefully he will survive the final cull. Certainly deserves a place ahead of Clarkson, and probably Iwelumo (Who is clearly not the answer). Defence looks an absolute shambles, Alexander, Naysmith, Barr and McAllister should be nowhere near the Scotland squad. Similarly Gavin Rae and Barry Ferguson in midfield. What a joke.

DOD MUST GO!

DMG!

Guest the shepherd
McAllister? Jesus wept.

What does McNaughton need to do to get a call up? He should be in ahead of the prehistoric Alexander and Broadfoot.

Play for the old firm. :angry2: As long as you are out of form and have an old firm connection (i.e. you play/played for them) you are guaranteed a call-up. :lolceltic::dontknow: It has worked for Gavin Rae, etc....................

Play for the old firm. :hysterical: As long as you are out of form and have an old firm connection (i.e. you play/played for them) you are guaranteed a call-up. :hysterical: :hysterical: It has worked for Gavin Rae, etc....................

rubbish

Shows how out of his depth Burley is.

very dull , uninspiring selection YET AGAIN.

Alexander ? Weir, Clubfoot ? Barr ? Commons ? Rae ? McCormack ? Clarkson ?

really bad call ups IMO.

more rubbish. who would you replace those players with??? we are not that good. scotlands depth is poor

I hope this acts as acatalyst for some improved form from Miller. He's been pretty ineffective recently, and woeful v. Falkirk.

heres hoping

I don't follow Scotland in the slightest, but every defender named someone had something to say about them, who else are they going to get? Unfortunately for the fans of the team - Scotland don't really have a massive selection of defenders to pick from.

There will always be Scotland squads with who people don't agree with you, but what would you do.

Cue the "well when I managed them in FM2009, I played such and such with him and 2 infront of the defence, and I won the European Championships" line.

Scotland are pish, they always have been - but what they do have at times is a fighting spirit (although that needs a manager who can drum that into the current selection and George Burley isn't that man, just don't rate the guy).

:hysterical: thats hun talk right there :hysterical:

I'm not a fan of burley in the slightest, and pretty much everything he does annoys me

however , the positives we has brought are:

Midfielders

Commons (Derby)

Morrison (West Brom)

Forwards

L Miller (Aberdeen)

Also I'm sure this will cause a big debate, but picking players who have been on form this season

Surely langfield should be 3rd choice keeper, or even second

mcgregor has looked quite shaky at times and nowhere near the standard he was last season

I'm not a fan of burley in the slightest, and pretty much everything he does annoys me

however , the positives we has brought are:

Midfielders

Commons (Derby)

Morrison (West Brom)

Forwards

L Miller (Aberdeen)

Also I'm sure this will cause a big debate, but picking players who have been on form this season

Surely langfield should be 3rd choice keeper, or even second

mcgregor has looked quite shaky at times and nowhere near the standard he was last season

no he shouldnt.

the only player at aberdeen that deserves a call up is miller. some have the potential but right now thats all it is.

I'll admit to being so naive that I wanted Burley sacked before Scotland had even kicked a ball under his management. I do usually like to give people a chance first before making such judgements, proably why I haven't decided over Tommy Wright yet.

After watching every Scotland match since he took charge my opinion has not changed. His squads are predictable and offer nothing new. Our recent failures to make it to any big tournaments shows that a drastic shake up is required and he quite simply is not the man to do it.

I used to love Scotland games and would cheer them on with as much passion as I would Aberdeen but now I am just not interested.

I would rather see a squad of wannabe's than hasbeens.

I'll admit to being so naive that I wanted Burley sacked before Scotland had even kicked a ball under his management. I do usually like to give people a chance first before making such judgements, proably why I haven't decided over Tommy Wright yet.

After watching every Scotland match since he took charge my opinion has not changed. His squads are predictable and offer nothing new. Our recent failures to make it to any big tournaments shows that a drastic shake up is required and he quite simply is not the man to do it.

I used to love Scotland games and would cheer them on with as much passion as I would Aberdeen but now I am just not interested.

I would rather see a squad of wannabe's than hasbeens.

who is the man to do it then???

and it isnt a squad of hasbeens, there are a few that are too old now but that squad is almost the best available

Why's Gordon not getting a game for Sunderland these days?

Has been injured for months now. Should be back in the squad for sat game, think he will start on the bench for Sunderland. Scotland has a major problem at the moment as so many players are off form or injured so struggling to pick our best 11. :fishing:

who is the man to do it then???

and it isnt a squad of hasbeens, there are a few that are too old now but that squad is almost the best available

For me Billy Davies, he would have the balls to do things his way and not be swayed to stick with the old guard who have failed us in the past. He isn't perfect but better than Doddy.

Tell me there is no hasbeens in that squad? I think you take comments too literally.