Arshavin

I'd imagine he'd fit into Arsenal's style of play but Wenger has completely ignored what Arsenal need most. A replacement for Flamini and Gilberto. Really don't think they have a decent holding midfielder there. They could have done worse than go for Miguel Veloso who seemed to be available.

Guest LondonScottish
if he has signed does anyone think he will be a hit at the gooners???

in all honesty i'd never heard of him till the Euro's last year and he's 26/27 years old.

his last club obvioulsy rated him enough to pay him over

He was brilliant for Zenit in the Uefa Cup... best player on the park versus the Huns and apparently singled-handedly dismantled Bayern in the semi-final.

It'll be interesting to see how he does in the premier league and whether he really was just a flash in the pan. Arsenal needed to do something, that's for sure, and I think this signing is a calculated gamble for Wenger.... from what I've seen, he looks like an Arsenal-type player.

he was good to watch in the Euro's too.

Guest LondonScottish
Eduardo could be the answer I reckon, he had really come on to a game just before he got injured.... I hope this hasn't finished him. Time will tell I guess.

He is some player, but they could so do with a Viera type figure as someone said to control the midfield.

He is some player, but they could so do with a Viera type figure as someone said to control the midfield.

Yeah I agree that should be first and foremost in Wengers thoughts.... someone mentioned Veloso, that's a good shout.

Flamini was such an important player for them last season, and while he's not getting his game at Milan, Arsenal could do worse than bringing him back.

Guest LondonScottish
Class player from what I have seen but thought there was word of them going for Yaya Toure? He would be the perfect signing for Arsenal IMO. Can't believe they let Flamini go for nothing and didn't replace him. He hardly gets a game for Milan either.

Flamini doubled his money to go to Milan; Arsenal just won't pay the big bucks.

Arshavin is exactly what Arsenal need, they are toiling to open up teams especially since Cesc got injured but he will give them the creativity they need.

A solid centre back in a swap deal for Gallas would have been good business, I think he causes a lot of unrest in the dressing room.

Someone mentioned Yaya Toure, he would have been a good signing but Arsenal don't have the money to buy 2

Guest LondonScottish
Last game of the season, Villa only need a draw to get 4th place and Champions League football, but lose.

Arshavin pops up in the last minute for Arsenal in their game against X opponents.........and Arsenal get the Champions League spot........I think this will smell of Carlos Tevez affair all over again!

I don't understand how this transfer can go through. A deadline's a dealine. Miss it and wait til Summer. Its not as if the window was only open for a couple of days and Arsenal suddenly decided they wanted him.

Guest LondonScottish
It'll be a while before Arshavin play's i would think. The Russian league ended in November and he hasn't kicked a ball since then. He'd need to get match fit.

He said yesterday it would be a couple of weeks until he was fit enough.

I'd imagine he'd fit into Arsenal's style of play but Wenger has completely ignored what Arsenal need most. A replacement for Flamini and Gilberto. Really don't think they have a decent holding midfielder there. They could have done worse than go for Miguel Veloso who seemed to be available.

thats the 1st time ive heard anyone talk about Veloso.

I really rate him, only 20-21, same academy as the rest of portugals elite but just isnt fancied by the vast majority.

Hated in Portugal universally by everyone. Even Paulo Bento the Sporting coach seems to have had enough of him. Gave him a big public dressing down for his attitude. Seems to be a bit of a playboy but then hes 21 and making several million a season in a relatively small league.

WBA were interested. Hes ALOT better than WBA standard.

thats the 1st time ive heard anyone talk about Veloso.

I really rate him, only 20-21, same academy as the rest of portugals elite but just isnt fancied by the vast majority.

Hated in Portugal universally by everyone. Even Paulo Bento the Sporting coach seems to have had enough of him. Gave him a big public dressing down for his attitude. Seems to be a bit of a playboy but then hes 21 and making several million a season in a relatively small league.

WBA were interested. Hes ALOT better than WBA standard.

As were Bolton and Newcastle