Referee/laws Of The Game Question

It is because the referee's assistant saw the Bosingwa kick and FIFA rules state that incidents seen and dealt with by officials cannot be further punished by authority, only incidents officials miss. Mike Dean and his official that made mess of last week have been "rested" from games this weekend. But bet they are back in high profile game next week.

Referees have to be made accountable!!

It is because the referee's assistant saw the Bosingwa kick and FIFA rules state that incidents seen and dealt with by officials cannot be further punished by authority, only incidents officials miss. Mike Dean and his official that made mess of last week have been "rested" from games this weekend. But bet they are back in high profile game next week.

why would you own up to actually seeing Boswinga's kick and yet doing nothing about it???

That's basically just admitting yer sh1t at yer job IMO.

Mike Dean wasn't rested, he was already out of the country on other business this week.

cheers K-9. i had no idea that was the case.

seems like a real dumbass rule to me

cheers K-9. i had no idea that was the case.

seems like a real dumbass rule to me

Football is full of dumbass rules these days. Getting booked for celebrating goals, having to go off the pitch when slightly injured (then wait for permission to get back on) and don't even start me on the offside rule!!

Common-sense has gone out the window IMO.