Burley to watch John Fleck in weekend Old firm match

According to the Real Radio news! If it's true then that's so out of order!!

calm down.

that squad hasnt even been announced.

Burley said in an interview that if you are good enough you are old enough. if Fleck began to play great for the huns then he'd have no problems playing him and quite frankly neither would i if he is as good as the hype but i very much doubt he will be

Aye, feckin p!sses me off like - a teenager comes through to play a puckle of games for a (p!sspoor) in-firm team and the media hail them as the new messiah and a Scotland cap beckons, funny how Scott Brown, Kris Boyd etc can play in the SPL for years and only until they sign for the ugly sisters do they receive a call up

no a scotland cao does not beckon.

Burley was asked what he thought and he said he'd see him at the OF game. he then said if they are good enough they are old enough.

So you'd be happy to throw a 17 year old who so far has only played about half a dozen games for the Huns, into a full international against Holland? It's bullshit that if you're good enough, you're old enough... If you play for one side of the gruesome twosome, then you'll get a game!

The huns only started playing him cause there fans were moaning that no players were being produced from murray park!

So you'd be happy to throw a 17 year old who so far has only played about half a dozen games for the Huns, into a full international against Holland? It's bullshit that if you're good enough, you're old enough... If you play for one side of the gruesome twosome, then you'll get a game!

The huns only started playing him cause there fans were moaning that no players were being produced from murray park!

from a scotland point of biew i'd be more than happy with a 17 year old to play. you may not like what i'm about to say but i'm talking from a scotland fans view as opposed to hating the old firm view.

at 17 if he is playing for one of the best sides in the country then why not call him up?? did the english complain when Walcott, Owen or Rooney were called up - no. i'm not saying this guy will be anywhere near as good as those 3 were/are. Scotland are not exactly overflowing with talent right now and if this lad plays well for the next 2 months for the huns then why not give him a shout for the squad. lets see if he can do the business on the international scene whilst he's still hungry.

i think you will find that not every scot that plays for the huns or tims is not called up either.

P.S i changed the title as it was totally mis leading

Guest LondonScottish
from a scotland point of biew i'd be more than happy with a 17 year old to play. you may not like what i'm about to say but i'm talking from a scotland fans view as opposed to hating the old firm view.

at 17 if he is playing for one of the best sides in the country then why not call him up?? did the english complain when Walcott, Owen or Rooney were called up - no. i'm not saying this guy will be anywhere near as good as those 3 were/are. Scotland are not exactly overflowing with talent right now and if this lad plays well for the next 2 months for the huns then why not give him a shout for the squad. lets see if he can do the business on the international scene whilst he's still hungry.

i think you will find that not every scot that plays for the huns or tims is not called up either.

England went f@cking mental at Walcott being called up. There was practically no-one that backed up Sven's decision, (apart from Wenger)

And no-one complained about Owen considering he was top scorer in the EPL.

England went f@cking mental at Walcott being called up. There was practically no-one that backed up Sven's decision, (apart from Wenger)

al bet they had nothing to sya the last time he played for them.

i didnt know that about walcott. a poor comaprison from me as i dont think he'd even played a first team game for Arsenal.

Guest LondonScottish
al bet they had nothing to sya the last time he played for them.

i didnt know that about walcott. a poor comaprison from me as i dont think he'd even played a first team game for Arsenal.

Defoe and Bent didn't make the World Cup Squad, so Walcott could go. Left that very lacking in strikers.

Guest LondonScottish
and there would be the main difference LS.

IF Fleck was to be called up. who would he be keeping out of the squad?? its not as if we are oveflowing with striking talent.

We're not overflowing with talent, but we could have 5 strikers in that squad ahead of him.

HE HAS DONE F UCK ALL

PISH V US

WAS ANON V UTD, THEN DIVED FOR A PEN

IS THIS A PREQUISITE FOR A CALL UP ? FKN JOKE

he's not been called up

Journalist ask burley what he thinks. burley says if he is good enough he's old enough.

he's playing for one of the best teams in the country so he will be noticed

We're not overflowing with talent, but we could have 5 strikers in that squad ahead of him.

Who??

Iwelumo

Boyd

McFadden

Kenny Miller

O'Connor

:dontknow:

:poster_oops:

dont know why you have the laughing smiley.

Iwelumo - hasnt scored in about 5/6 games

Boyd - fishing

Mcfadden - out for the Netherlands game

Miller- off form and just a rich mans darren mackie

O'Connor - no idea how he's playing

anyway i thought you didnt support scotland

Giving this little Ned c**t a game could be to the detriment of Miller as he is almost certainn to get a game, if you had the choice on the 2 who would you through in ? i would rather see a miller in there before any Hun twat.

Fleck should or shouldn't be there on his own merits.

What I do object to is the Weegie Press driven outrage we had last week because he's not been automatically called up to the Scotland squad after less than a dozen games for Der Hun.

Not done enough to earn a call up yet IMO.

i thought the press had a go at Stark for not calling him into the U21's squad

Nice stat about Fletcher VDA. Didn't know that and didn't hear too many complaining when he was called up for the first time.

However, as one or two have mentioned FLECK HASN'T BEEN CALLED UP. The man was simply asked a question. If he responded "No, he's only 17 and wont be in my plans for a good while yet" then he'd get absolutely destroyed. He simply kept his options open. Burley would be at the OF game on Sunday regardless of whether Fleck was in his thoughts but he's only as much as not ruled out calling him up. If he was asked to comment on Mackie if he hit a bit of form, he'd probably say the same. Just an example. If Fleck becomes a mainstay in the Rangers team and goes on to play really well between now and the Holland game then who knows. Personally I think it's too big a game to throw him into.

He is only 17 but if he's good enough to get a game for Rangers then he's surely good enough to get into the 21s squad the next time they have a match to at least get him more international experience.

The strikers we have available for the Holland game with Fad and Boyd unavailable are most likely to be between K Miller, L Miller, Iwelumo, McCormack, Clarkson, Fletcher, maybe Riordan, maybe O'Connor (not heard much from him lately). I'd expect K Miller and Fletcher to be automatic picks. Lee Miller has done more than Iwelumo at club level lately and probably against Argentina too. McCormack should be ahead of Clarkson in the pecking order IMO as he's having a great season. That's the four I'd expect to see named as our strikers assuming thats how many Burley wants to pick.

Guest LondonScottish
maybe so but the point stands that Fletcher is good for scotland and that was one good thing Vogts did was introduce a player that is arguably first on the team sheet.

Vogts couldn't have introduced more players if he tried.