Carling Cup Final Thread

United will line up something like this:

Kuzczak

O'Shea Rio Vidic Evra

Nani Gibson Giggs Ronaldo

Rooney Wellbeck

Should still be enough to see off Spurs.

Not far off it i think.

But i reckon Foster will play in goal. Also think it's a bit harsh on Tevez if he doesn't start,seeing as he's played in just about every game from the start in the tournament. Would also like to see Evans play if fit and poss Fabio,but he's more likely to stick with Evra.

TEAMS

Man Utd: Foster, O'Shea, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Gibson, Nani, Tevez, Welbeck. Subs: Kuszczak, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Vidic, Possebon, Eckersley.

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Jenas, Zokora, Modric, Bent, Pavlyuchenko. Subs: Alnwick, Bale, Bentley, Huddlestone, Gunter, Taarabt, O'Hara.

Glad to see Fergie's sticking with a few of the players that got them there.

Guest LondonScottish
Something happened in the game?

Atleast Stoneward can't use the "Do Liverpool ever win a game within 90 minutes" comment now. 2 cups they've done it in. Aaron Lennon is some player, thought they could have won but never mind.....

2 Cups won in a weekend. Fair play to them.

Whjy weren't all the Spurs/Man Utd fans from here at the game? :itch-chin:

Guest LondonScottish
to expensive, saving myself for the final nail in the coffin game next sat.

I can understand Man Utd fans not going as they have so many other big games coming up, but surely all the ardent Spurs fans should have made the journey.......

Aaron Lennon is some player, thought they could have won but never mind.....

Sadly, he'll never make it anywhere better than Spurs as he can't cross the ball. A winger, at the top level of football, should be able to cross the ball properly. Watch him next time he plays, he cuts to the by-line, then sort of stands the ball up, rather that whipping it in - it's just far too easy to defend. In general, he's also not a great passer of the ball.

Like Jermaine Pennant, there are outstanding facets to his play, but he suffers from far too many terminal limitations to develop into a top class player.

• Admin

Just found this:

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur were scoreless after 120 minutes of regulation play in the English League Cup Final, forcing the game to be decided on penalties.

United's goalkeeping coach Eric Steele promptly pulled out his iPod to show goalkeeper Ben Foster videos of Hotspur players taking penalty shots. The result? United won the game 4 - 1 in the penalty shootout that followed.

Awesome.