David Beckham

Guest LondonScottish
Yip, great player and showed that he really loves the game after paying for his move to AC, also how good would it be for him to win the world cup? Think it would get the people who don't rate his amount of caps off of his back.

Who doesn't rate 100 caps for any countrt, let alone England?

Guest LondonScottish
Alot of people reckon he doesn't deserve a few of them, was in the papers, on the news and radio a while back.

Even if he only deserved 97 or something, that's an awesome achievement. Anyone not rating his number of caps has "jealousy" stamped right across their forehead.

always rated Beckham. Never your most skillful but great engine and a fantastic right peg!

take away all the sh1t that surrounds him and he is still a very good footballer!

and him fecking about on Victoria just added to my admiration

always rated Beckham. Never your most skillful but great engine and a fantastic right peg!

take away all the sh1t that surrounds him and he is still a very good footballer!

and him fecking about on Victoria just added to my admiration

He's played for teh 3 biggest clubs in Europe (imo), even with all his 'baggage'. Anyway, fair f**ks for all money he's made away from football too. Some guy.

I really like Beckham too.... in fact I can't see why anyone wouldn't, short of jealousy.

Given the amount of pressure and attention he's received, throughout his career, he's always held himself with utmost dignity.

The argument about him deserving the number of caps he currently holds, when I've heard it aired, has always related to whether his recent substitute appearances should count, rather than whether he was actually good enough.... but that's an arguement for another day. In my opinion caps should continue to be awarded for substitute appearance - I don't have a problem.

Say what you want about him, I like him.

Some acheivement too the amount of caps he has for Engerlund.

alot has been said about his caps and breaking records. those that hold the current record actually played every game as opposed to turning up for the photoshoot.

one of the most overrated players of his generation

harsh but i do think he's overated. has some great free kicks but how many has he missed. f**k me Charlie mulgrew has scored some crackers that the press would shitting themselves for if Beckham had scored them

Yip, great player and showed that he really loves the game after paying for his move to AC, also how good would it be for him to win the world cup? Think it would get the people who don't rate his amount of caps off of his back.

You deserve to lose your +1 I gave you on Donstalk for that poor bait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbD6LHarSxo

my fav beckham game (the first 3mins) , had a hand in all the goals and the freekick at 2mins is class.

oh and anyone who remembers rivaldos overhead can check out 5.40mins.

Probably the best double header in the CL to date, simply class football and cracking goals, Yorke and Cole, what a strike pairing. Beckham has done so much for football in general and wouldn't be a bad role model for most kids compared to the likes of Gazza/Best and so on.