Fergie To Retire

If it`s true it will be the end of a magnificent and unique era.

What he achieved with us was remarkable but his legacy at Old Trafford is on another level altogether.

My main interest in Man Utd is because of him, they were never my team in England growing up but as soon as Fergie went there I was a fan.

I had hoped he would take over the Scotland job when he left Utd but it`s never going to happen now.

Think he will struggle more than most with retirement but dont think he said any appointment will be vetted by him, he already told a previous assistant to leave as he said the board would not employ from within.

Mourinho is a good shout but feck knows who man utd will get, its a good time to get out like as a lot of their players are getting to retirement age and its going to be difficult to build a new team there.

Think he will struggle more than most with retirement but dont think he said any appointment will be vetted by him, he already told a previous assistant to leave as he said the board would not employ from within.

Mourinho is a good shout but feck knows who man utd will get, its a good time to get out like as a lot of their players are getting to retirement age and its going to be difficult to build a new team there.

fit you on aboot min, carlos quiroz was bein groomed as a replacement until he left! STFU about stuff you ken feck all aboot!

now i really ken you dont know what your speakin about, away back to flag weavin!!

O'Neill or Moyes for me.

It wont be Moyes. O'Neill is a long shot.

One of the most important managerial appointments in recent memory - if not THE most important - will not go to someone untested at the highest level.

If he does leave OT in 2010 and if England do well in the WC, the timing for Capello to take over would be ideal.

Other than Capello, Mourinho would be one of the favourites and as above, O'Neill would be in with a shot albeit as an outsider.

It wont be Moyes. O'Neill is a long shot.

One of the most important managerial appointments in recent memory - if not THE most important - will not go to someone untested at the highest level.

If he does leave OT in 2010 and if England do well in the WC, the timing for Capello to take over would be ideal.

Other than Capello, Mourinho would be one of the favourites and as above, O'Neill would be in with a shot albeit as an outsider.

"Everton manager David Moyes is Sir Alex Ferguson's choice to succeed him as Manchester United boss. (Sun)"

dont write him off yet, my tip for the job.