Albania V Scotland U21's

Guest Donforlife
That's it, knock the lad down when he scores and gains some conposure.

Fantastic fans.

I doubt Chris will pop onto his Blackberry, check afc-chat, and cry all the way home because I think he is piss.

Show the AFC fans on a consistent basis that he can deliver a high level of performance and I shall praise him.

Otherwise he is piss.

its only a pen v albania

f**king hell how negative is that - the kid scores the winner but its only a pen!!!. According to Billy Stark on the radio Chris Maguire was brought down after being through on goal. At least we have someone representing international level - had to laugh at the dandy that mentioned Zander should be involved International level!!! Has he watched him this season as he's been f**king sh*te.

its only a pen v albania

:thumbup1:

FFS, Maguire was our only Scottish international on Saturday, in the U21 team having only turned 20 in January.

Maybe if Calderwood played him in his preferred position, and the boo-boys gave the loon a ********g chance!

Redweb quote:

Maguire was the Scotland hero as he turned the game around when he was introduced as substitute with about 20 minutes to go. He latched onto a Paul Caddis pass and looked set to score as he rounded the keeper but he was hauled to the ground. Maguire had the confidence to get up and coolly slot home the spot kick

Apparently grabbed the ball off another player to ensure he got to take the penalty. Glad to see the confidence hasn't been knocked completely out of him by the fuds that boo him at Pittodrie every second week. Maybe he is pish, but he makes an effort regardless of where he's played. Based on that alone, he's one of the last f**kers in our squad I'd criticise.

Guest Donforlife
5-2 FT

Stephen McGinn of St. Mirren just scored a Berbatov-esque goal from a Chris Maguire corner! Honestly it was brilliant!

Brilliant game to watch... Scotland were superb going forward. Result flattered Albania too, whose only real contribution was a couple of wonder goals!

agreed - Maguire was excellent throughout - annoyingly rare to see him do that in an AFC shirt.

5-2 FT

Stephen McGinn of St. Mirren just scored a Berbatov-esque goal from a Chris Maguire corner! Honestly it was brilliant!

Brilliant game to watch... Scotland were superb going forward. Result flattered Albania too, whose only real contribution was a couple of wonder goals!

Commentator going on about the small crowd and how they have missed a good match. I'm sure there would have been more fans there if it hadn't been for Sky Sports. 5:30pm kick off on a Wednesday is hardly going to encourage heaps of folk to go. I was at the game against Finland at Pittodrie a few months ago and the crowd was a similar size. I work in the Bridge of Don so it wasn't that bad for me to get to.

agreed - Maguire was excellent throughout - annoyingly rare to see him do that in an AFC shirt.

Was superb this tonight... led the line brilliantly and was a threat throughout, taking most of Scotland set pieces. You could see him visibly growing in confidence throughout. I love his attitude, by the end of the game he was strutting about like a peacock, shouting at all the other players! :applause:

It annoys me when people lump him in with rubbish like Foster & Mackie, anyone with a half a brain could tell that Maguire has a bit of talent. If nutured correctly, he'll become a big player for us. :thumbup1:

What a great game!

Maguire MOTM. McGinn (St Mirren), Murphy (Motherwell) and the young Derby left winger whose name I forget all very impressive.

Nice goal for 5-2. One to boast to your mates about down the pub.

Barry Bannan - plays for Aston Villa, started their recent Uefa tie! Looks a very good prospect - must be if he's keeping John Fleck out of the team!

It's only Albania...

You can only beat what's put in front of you.... and to do so in such style was terrifically encouraging. I try to watch all the U21 matches, and Scotland tend to struggle against these teams as this level - the eastern european lads are always much bigger and stronger than our boys, but on this occassion we passed them apart.

Bannan, Maguire, Arfield, Goodwillie & Caddis all looked terrific going forward, while MacDonald was solid in the engine room. Fleck, Murphy and McGinn also looked like very capable back-up - we didn't lose anything when they were subbed on.