Wayne Rooney

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

Just noticed Rooney will have his 50th cap for England against the Ukraine. That's some number considering he's only 23.

Guest Donforlife
Just noticed Rooney will have his 50th cap for England against the Ukraine. That's some number considering he's only 23.

it certainly is. I hate to admit it but he is a phenomenal footballer.

Interestingly, Darren Fletcher and McFadden (both 25) are up to 42 caps while Barry Ferguson at 31 has 46 caps.

And most worryingly is that in the squad to face Icelend, there is a total of 381 caps and only 23 international goals.

The England Squad for Wednesday apparently has 102 international goals. (Thank f**k Owen isn't in the squad with his 40 goals or that statistic would look even worse!)

Guest Donforlife
Although I rate Rooney highly as a professional footballer, I think he is highly over rated by many people also.

Good record however, and never thought it would be that.

you would say that as your too blinkered by your Liverpool love.

Interestingly Rooney's record is BETTER than Fernando Torres at international level - 60 caps only 18 goals.

Guest SS RED
you would say that as your too blinkered by your Liverpool love.

Interestingly Rooney's record is BETTER than Fernando Torres at international level - 60 caps only 18 goals.

Ah'd rather have Torres.

Guest LondonScottish
Ah'd rather have Torres.

Torres tends to bottle the big stage. Rooney scores 1 every 2 games, that's a record to crow about, not 18 in 60 odd.

Guest SS RED
Torres tends to bottle the big stage. Rooney scores 1 every 2 games, that's a record to crow about, not 18 in 60 odd.

Aye big games, like errrmmmm Manchester United away....

Guest Donforlife
At International Level

Torres scored in final = European Championship Winner

Rooney erm............

Torres bottles it on big stage? That including a final where HE scored the winning goal?

yes at international level? ie the highest level.

and Rooney has a far better record than Torres and it cannot be argued against.

Yes Torres scored in the Euros Final but his scoring record in general at international level is nothing to shout about.

Rooney will be remembered as the greatest forward player (not striker) of his generation, his work rate, link up play and attitude are all first class.

I'm not going to take the bait for that one like :cool:

Everything else i totally agree with, but the attitude one, erm.... no!!!

I'm not going to take the bait for that one like :cool:

Everything else i totally agree with, but the attitude one, erm.... no!!!

whats wrong with his attitude? he's got a temper, but I would never take that away from him. doesnt mean he has a bad attitude. Ronaldo on the other hand has a fukin terrible attitude at the moment.

I would kill for a player with rooneys attitude in the team, its exactly what we need. Our team is full of pussys and nice guys.