Lee Richardson

Guest LondonScottish
Well done Rico.

Manager of the month with Chesterfield for March.

Could do with players of your attitude here. And dare i say it a manager. :thumbup1:

I still think Rico would be too much of a risk.

Had noticed Richardson was doing a decent job at Chesterfield. Stopped betting against them on coupons when he took charge, strange rationale i know but just a superstitious thing.

When we played Torino in what was the equivalent of the now Uefa Cup was Richardson not our star man? Sure i've heard people saying he put in a couple of immense performances in that tie

Had noticed Richardson was doing a decent job at Chesterfield. Stopped betting against them on coupons when he took charge, strange rationale i know but just a superstitious thing.

When we played Torino in what was the equivalent of the now Uefa Cup was Richardson not our star man? Sure i've heard people saying he put in a couple of immense performances in that tie

If JC goes (which ain't gonna happen any time soon) then I'd be happy with Rico. As I've said in other threads, I still believe McGhee will turn us down.

RIco'd get the fans behind him. The man's a ledgend, and he f~cking hates Rangers!!Perfect

R.O.D.

If JC goes (which ain't gonna happen any time soon) then I'd be happy with Rico. As I've said in other threads, I still believe McGhee will turn us down.

RIco'd get the fans behind him. The man's a ledgend, and he f~cking hates Rangers!!Perfect

R.O.D.

Why do you think he is a legend ?

He only played for us for 2 seasons , just over 60 games , with a goal ratio of 1 in 8 games.

Good player but certainly not a legend in my book.

Why do you think he is a legend ?

He only played for us for 2 seasons , just over 60 games , with a goal ratio of 1 in 8 games.

Good player but certainly not a legend in my book.

Just my opinion min.

Even in only 2 seasons he became a hero for his battling style, tackling, energy and the fact he despised the Huns. He was hounded out of Scottish football by the refs who kept booking and sending him off. A passionate free spirit that I'd be happy to see back at the club some day.

Guest LondonScottish
Just my opinion min.

Even in only 2 seasons he became a hero for his battling style, tackling, energy and the fact he despised the Huns. He was hounded out of Scottish football by the refs who kept booking and sending him off. A passionate free spirit that I'd be happy to see back at the club some day.

I liked Rico at Aberdeen. What we could do with that sort of drive and determination now! I can't class him as a legend however; that term gets bandied around far to often.

On him as a potential candidate if we did need a new manager, I really don't feel he's done enough (yet) to take on as big a job as Afc. His team are mid-table in England's 4th division. That. Doesn't inspire me to thinking he'll be the next big thing in Scottish football. Maybe in years to come, after he's progresed further up the career ladder, but there are going to be better options available to us this time around.

Will never forget this goal: (8.30 in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLdG1PQzQE

One of the very best I've seen at Pittodrie.

Will never forget this goal: (8.30 in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLdG1PQzQE

One of the very best I've seen at Pittodrie.

That is a tremendous finish with the left peg on the big stage. Some really decent players on show in those games. Is that the same Benito Carbone that played for Sheff Wed, Aston Villa and possibly another couple of english sides?

Richardson looked like a neat and tidy player with plenty of fight and graft. Refreshing to watch the performances of Jess in that kind of form, quality we unfortunately haven't been blessed with for many a year

That is a tremendous finish with the left peg on the big stage. Some really decent players on show in those games. Is that the same Benito Carbone that played for Sheff Wed, Aston Villa and possibly another couple of english sides?

Richardson looked like a neat and tidy player with plenty of fight and graft. Refreshing to watch the performances of Jess in that kind of form, quality we unfortunately haven't been blessed with for many a year

Going a bit off topic, but jesus Carbone moved around a bit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Carbone

Going a bit off topic, but jesus Carbone moved around a bit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Carbone

haha your not wrong there he's accumulated some array of clubs! Was Richardson's career plagued by injury? Doesn't seem that he played that many games for any of his teams

Something appealing about the thought of him as a potential future manager. Seems to have a real appreciation of the game

I liked Rico at Aberdeen. What we could do with that sort of drive and determination now! I can't class him as a legend however; that term gets bandied around far to often.

On him as a potential candidate if we did need a new manager, I really don't feel he's done enough (yet) to take on as big a job as Afc. His team are mid-table in England's 4th division. That. Doesn't inspire me to thinking he'll be the next big thing in Scottish football. Maybe in years to come, after he's progresed further up the career ladder, but there are going to be better options available to us this time around.

Thats the thing though would you go with McGhee who, lets face it, is Jimmy with a face that fits or someone like Rico. An up and coming manager. Remember if Rico was to win League 2 next season (unlikely, aren't Chesterfield are in the sh*t financially PFA paying wages etc?) his stock would probably be higher than Aberdeen could compete with.

Still if it was my choice I'd have neither so...

Maybe Legend is a stretch here, but Rico was a hell of a player for us, in what was a team to be proud of. Only the fact that the Huns had a real European class team back then, prevented us from lifting much silverware in the 2 years he was here. Hell, we were a whisker away from kicking Torino (who were then arguably the 2nd best team in Italy) out of Europe!

I'm not convinced he'd be the best choice this time, but as someone else pointed out, he is up and coming (reminds me of Porterfield's early managerial career, which is why I'm reluctant to endorse him) whereas McGhee is established and credible (if unspectacular).

In an ideal world, I'd still go for McGhee or Eric Black, with Jocky Scott as Asst. Bruce Rioch might be a good shout, though. Older and more experienced. Very reliable.