Ryan Giggs

Guest LondonScottish
When watching Man U last night, I was watching Ryan Giggs and thinking he has been there for so long that I cant even remember who played left mid/winger for Man u before him.

I was thinking Lee Sharpe, but I think him and Giggs came through at the same time.

Can anybody help me remember?

Lee Sharpe was just before Giggs, Think Milne was a bit part winger before him, but I'm sure some of the plastic Mancs will fill you in better.....

Guest LondonScottish
Jesper Olsen or Lee Sharpe

It was Lee Sharpe and prior to that Wallace and Milne took that role. Jensen left before Wallace joined, and possibly before Milne but I can't quite remember.

Jesper was class, and scored a wicked penalty at Pittodrie back in the day.

It was Lee Sharpe and prior to that Wallace and Milne took that role. Jensen left before Wallace joined, and possibly before Milne but I can't quite remember.

Jesper was class, and scored a wicked penalty at Pittodrie back in the day.

Cheers for that.

But I still dont remember any of them. Maybe am too young

Guest LondonScottish
Cheers for that.

But I still dont remember any of them. Maybe am too young

I thought Milne would have done well under Fergie; he was great to watch at times for Dundee Utd. Somehow he went off the rails and didn't make it like he could have done.

Guest Donforlife
When watching Man U last night, I was watching Ryan Giggs and thinking he has been there for so long that I cant even remember who played left mid/winger for Man u before him.

I was thinking Lee Sharpe, but I think him and Giggs came through at the same time.

Can anybody help me remember?

Jesper Blomqvist was there for a bit.

Karel Poborsky too.

Dont think Man U had a left mid before Giggs though.

Guest LondonScottish
Jesper Blomqvist was there for a bit.

Karel Poborsky too.

Dont think Man U had a left mid before Giggs though.

Are you fishing?

Giggs, giggs will tear you apart, again.

Although I never realized lee sharpe was older. Did he retire though injury?

He had a number of injuries, plus suffered from meninjitis, which kept him out for a good period of time. During that time Giggs came along and never really regained his place.

Was sold to leeds, got injured again, then George Graham came in and didn't fancy him.

After that he was at Bradford, Sampdoria (?) and had a few spells at lower league teams then filtered out of fitba.

Was effectively out of the game at the age of 30.