Don't The English Ever Learn

Arsenal and Rangers have a history of friendlies going back to the 1930s so maybe something to do with that.

Arsenal fans aren't happy cos they don't want to see a repeat of Manchester when 1000s of the great unwashed come down for a weekend in the smoke

Why the hell have they invited them from a footballing point of view aswell? To guarantee every other side a victory? Surely a top Spanish side would be more enertaining than Kirk Broadfoot and Lee McCulloch?

This could have a lot to do with money, they know thousands of the scum will go down to London (there will also be a lot living there - cadrboard city and the likes) The stadiums are usually empty for these crap games so they will be looking to the Huns to put arses on seats, it will also give the met police some skull cracking practice :rolleyes:

Guest LondonScottish
This could have a lot to do with money, they know thousands of the scum will go down to London (there will also be a lot living there - cadrboard city and the likes) The stadiums are usually empty for these crap games so they will be looking to the Huns to put arses on seats, it will also give the met police some skull cracking practice :rolleyes:

Thank goodness I don't live in Islington. Why would anyone want Rangers anywhere near their ground or surrounding area, especially in London. Obviously the huge PR exercise to sweep Manchester under the carpet worked. No idea how many fans will travel, but it's likely to be 20k plus? Might get very very interesting if West Ham, Spurs and the Gooners fancy a proper tear up.

I don't even think it's about money; Arsenal pretty much always fill their stadium, and there's something like 40k on the season ticket waiting list. It's a superb stadium, and superb team.

Thank goodness I don't live in Islington. Why would anyone want Rangers anywhere near their ground or surrounding area, especially in London. Obviously the huge PR exercise to sweep Manchester under the carpet worked. No idea how many fans will travel, but it's likely to be 20k plus? Might get very very interesting if West Ham, Spurs and the Gooners fancy a proper tear up.

I don't even think it's about money; Arsenal pretty much always fill their stadium, and there's something like 40k on the season ticket waiting list. It's a superb stadium, and superb team.

The tournament has sold out every year it has been played but tickets are cheap and usually go to general sale.

Really? That surprises me.... why else would they want Rangers, other than in order to sell out the emirates? I could understand taking a calculated risk and inviting the huns... but why bother if they don't have to?

Really? That surprises me.... why else would they want Rangers, other than in order to sell out the emirates? I could understand taking a calculated risk and inviting the huns... but why bother if they don't have to?

Long history of friendlies between the 2 clubs is the only thing I can think off