Arsenal V Chelsea

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

Should be a cracking game at Wembley today in the FA Cup semi, between two in-form sides. Hopefully be a few goals anyway. :banghead:

Guest LondonScottish
He was good againt Villareal midweek. Pish today though. Pish game but Chelsea deserved to go through, c**ts.

Pretty poor game all round, with the odd flash of brilliance. When was the last time Arsenal won a trophy?

Can't believe they didn't build proper segregation on Wembley way, fighting all over the place, from the tube to the ground.

was so bored i fell asleep and missed the winning goal.

i want Everton to win this competition but just cant see them doing it.

Heard that Rooney not in the squad and Ronaldo on the bench. Darren Gibson to start who hasn't played since the carling cup final.

If true, Everton may never have a greater chance of reaching the cup final.

Heard that Rooney not in the squad and Ronaldo on the bench. Darren Gibson to start who hasn't played since the carling cup final.

If true, Everton may never have a greater chance of reaching the cup final.

Little bit of FA Cup team news for you, very early clearly - we understand that Edwin van der Sar, Wayne Rooney and and Cristiano Ronaldo have not travelled with the Manchester United squad and will play no part at Wembley today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8006883.stm

Obviously the FA Cup is at the bottom of Man Utds list of priorities now. Would like to see Everton win the cup as well. Tired of this top 4 pish down in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8006883.stm

Obviously the FA Cup is at the bottom of Man Utds list of priorities now. Would like to see Everton win the cup as well. Tired of this top 4 pish down in England.

Exactly. I would like to see Everton win the cup also as it is boring the way football is done down in England. I agree with you about the top 4 as well as the whole of English football seems to revolve around their 4 biggest clubs Manchester United,Liverpool,Chelsea and Arsenal. It has been good watching Aston Villa this season as they have shown what they are capable of by splitting the top four for a bit which seen them stay in 4th spot for a good while. Anyway Everton FTW! :)

Exactly. I would like to see Everton win the cup also as it is boring the way football is done down in England. I agree with you about the top 4 as well as the whole of English football seems to revolve around their 4 biggest clubs Manchester United,Liverpool,Chelsea and Arsenal. It has been good watching Aston Villa this season as they have shown what they are capable of by splitting the top four for a bit which seen them stay in 4th spot for a good while. Anyway Everton FTW! :)

nae mind who was in last years FA cup final?

Aye but the best teams are gonna be in the final 9/10 times, generally.

How many of those finals since 1990/91 featured 2 of those teams playing each other?

Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Pompey, Southampton, Millwall, Spurs (?), have all been in finals too since then.

Aye but the best teams are gonna be in the final 9/10 times, generally.

How many of those finals since 1990/91 featured 2 of those teams playing each other?

Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Pompey, Southampton, Millwall, Spurs (?), have all been in finals too since then.

Same applies to Scotland - Dundee United, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hiberian, QotS. Gretna, Dundee, Dunfermline etc have all played in finals.

Problem in both England and Scotland is an elite group of clubs have taken control of domestic football. What annoys me is the way many in England mock Scottish football for the fact the Old Firm dominate but England have basically the same problem as Scotland - a group of clubs dominating domestic football and hogging the Champions League places resulting in an apparently increasingly unbalanced domestic situation. We've seen the way the media down south have been so excited over the prospect of Villa battling for 4th. That looks unlikely now but basically finishing 4th has become some kind of achievement for clubs like Villa and Everton.

Guest LondonScottish

The Fa Cup is still a great cup . It's not all about the money, and that's why there are so many great upsets by "little" teams. In all the rounds before the semi, the little teams all fancy their chances with a home tie, or possibly have their game of a lifetime at Old Trafford or wherever.

It's still a prestigious cup, and also usually offers the chance of Europe to the losing finalist.

On a side issue, what great value for money,

Guest Donforlife
The Fa Cup is still a great cup . It's not all about the money, and that's why there are so many great upsets by "little" teams. In all the rounds before the semi, the little teams all fancy their chances with a home tie, or possibly have their game of a lifetime at Old Trafford or wherever.

It's still a prestigious cup, and also usually offers the chance of Europe to the losing finalist.

On a side issue, what great value for money,

Guest LondonScottish
it is absolutely awesome.

I was at the Blackpool v Yeovil Play-Off Final last summer.

even though there were 40,000 at it the stadium was immense.

can only imagine how good it would be full.

There was 88000 there yesterday, split right down the middle. Fantastic sight.