Paintballing

robbo

went yesterday as part of a mates birthday thing. managed to get 15 of us to go down.

the 2 birthday guys were made to face a firing squad. all other lads were given 10 shots from 10 yards. 1 guy was left virtually concust from it.

we had 5 games and i swear, its the most pain ive ever been left in. never ever going again.

this is the state of the birthday boy after it all

03052009394.th.jpg

i caught 1 beast in the chest and 1 on the shoulder. just pain, nothing fun about it. just sheer pain.

03052009386.th.jpg

03052009387.th.jpg

the worst one was the final game. 15 haybales and that was it. 2 teams but after 2 mins became a free for all. i got pelted several times from my team which dropped me, tried to gain cover behind the bale but ended up getting nailed in the back of the head. fell to the ground trying to shield myself but just got bombarded in the crown, legs, kidneys...everywhere. physically couldnt move. the guys getting me took mercy. i managed to get to my feet, run off to a safe area, collapsed and just lay there in a crumpled heap. never felt pain like it. couldnt move. just lay there not knowing which part to hold because i hurt allover.

spoken to a few people and they all say it shouldnt be half as bad as the marks weve all come away with. its totally put me off paintballing again. today im still in agony. cant lay on my back. its not even as if anyone was that close to me but were all in a bad way.

the 1 real lighlight from my day was brilliant. myself and a guy on the other team had eachother pinned down in pig pen type boxes. we could see eachother moving through the walls but we couldnt get our guns through them. i dragged myself slowly to the edge, lay as flat as i could and got picked my target, fired off a few practise shots, accounted for the wind and distance finding my aim.

so, the guy pokes his head out, sniped him in the temple. yellow paint allover his visor. saw him fall back which amused me. could see him tryin to clear his visor. i didnt move, just sniggered to myself. he only pokes his head out again though!!! so i take a second shot and watched as it flew in slow motion and again picks him off in exactly the same spot. dropped my gun and lay face down crying with laughter. the guy said all he could see was paint everywhere but through this tiny gap he could see me pissing myself laughing.

anyone else been paintballing and have any good stories? i cant tell if i had fun or not but the experience has left me with some epic memories good and bad.

went yesterday as part of a mates birthday thing. managed to get 15 of us to go down.

the 2 birthday guys were made to face a firing squad. all other lads were given 10 shots from 10 yards. 1 guy was left virtually concust from it.

we had 5 games and i swear, its the most pain ive ever been left in. never ever going again.

this is the state of the birthday boy after it all

03052009394.th.jpg

i caught 1 beast in the chest and 1 on the shoulder. just pain, nothing fun about it. just sheer pain.

03052009386.th.jpg

03052009387.th.jpg

the worst one was the final game. 15 haybales and that was it. 2 teams but after 2 mins became a free for all. i got pelted several times from my team which dropped me, tried to gain cover behind the bale but ended up getting nailed in the back of the head. fell to the ground trying to shield myself but just got bombarded in the crown, legs, kidneys...everywhere. physically couldnt move. the guys getting me took mercy. i managed to get to my feet, run off to a safe area, collapsed and just lay there in a crumpled heap. never felt pain like it. couldnt move. just lay there not knowing which part to hold because i hurt allover.

spoken to a few people and they all say it shouldnt be half as bad as the marks weve all come away with. its totally put me off paintballing again. today im still in agony. cant lay on my back. its not even as if anyone was that close to me but were all in a bad way.

the 1 real lighlight from my day was brilliant. myself and a guy on the other team had eachother pinned down in pig pen type boxes. we could see eachother moving through the walls but we couldnt get our guns through them. i dragged myself slowly to the edge, lay as flat as i could and got picked my target, fired off a few practise shots, accounted for the wind and distance finding my aim.

so, the guy pokes his head out, sniped him in the temple. yellow paint allover his visor. saw him fall back which amused me. could see him tryin to clear his visor. i didnt move, just sniggered to myself. he only pokes his head out again though!!! so i take a second shot and watched as it flew in slow motion and again picks him off in exactly the same spot. dropped my gun and lay face down crying with laughter. the guy said all he could see was paint everywhere but through this tiny gap he could see me pissing myself laughing.

anyone else been paintballing and have any good stories? i cant tell if i had fun or not but the experience has left me with some epic memories good and bad.

10 shots each on the birthday boy? Ouch. :ThumbsDown:

Yeah i have been ounce and will never go again because like you i have been put off of it due to the extreme pain, been to Bedlam and got shot in every area, f**king b*stards! :(

Guest LondonScottish

Yeah i have been ounce and will never go again because like you i have been put off of it due to the extreme pain, been to Bedlam and got shot in every area, f**king b*stards! :(

There's some really good places down this way. Always been brilliant fun, but maybe it helps how strict, and how many marshalls there are.

If everyone adheres to the rules, ie one hit and you stand up and walk-off with your gun above your head, anyone shooting a "dead" person is removed from the game and must sit out the next, no intentional head shots, or you get removed also.

Wear a couple of tracksuit tops or fleeces and trackie bottoms under your camoflauge, and wear gloves. It gets hot, but the paint hurts far less.

First time you don't know what to expect, you don't make the same mistakes twice. You should give it another go, or maybe try a different company.

• Upvote 1

I've only ever been to the one in New Deer?

It's good fun! It hurts to get shot, but it's part of the fun.

Making your mate face a firing squad seems a bit of a cuntish thing to do though? 150 paintballs? Ouch!

The one paintball and out is fine for me, also, if you get the chance, do it in the rain, much better than in the sun.

Guest LondonScottish

Making your mate face a firing squad seems a bit of a cuntish thing to do though? 150 paintballs? Ouch!

The one paintball and out is fine for me, also, if you get the chance, do it in the rain, much better than in the sun.

Totally cuntish, and unprofessional by the organisers. You're going to get the odd real stinger, but nothing like what that lad got.

During last summer about 10 of my mates went, thought it was brilliant fun. We got mixed in a stag party and the groom and best man had to run at about 15 of us and then get past us while; never have done that personally but fair play to them for doing it as they would have easily have taken about 50 close rangers. I got shot in the elbow and thigh from about 3 yards and had ring marks for about 3 months lol also during the trench scenario i had a banger go off about half a foot from my head, ear was ringing for about an hour...would definetly reccomend it though, brilliant fun with your mates.

I did it a couple of weeks ago as part of a stag weekend at Skirmish which is somewhere between Westhill and Banchory I think. It was brilliant fun but does hurt when you get hit. Not as much as you are making out though Robbo. Maybe you had extra powerful guns or something!

That is the 2nd time I have done it and enjoyed it both times. I am still not desperate to go back though...not totally my cup of tea I don't think. Much prefer a big group of folk going go-karting.

Yeah I've been to the one at new deer for a mates birthday, also been to the one at brechin with the school. Brechin one seemed better organised and at new deer it was 3 or 4 folk who had there own guns and were really good.

Best thing was at Brechin when a little geeky kid was trying to be the leader and shouted everyone charge, so I shot him in the back of the neck, that'll teach him.

Don't think I could take 150 balls tbh.

I've been once to the one near Glasgow I think it was. Early morning frost, cold day, the paintballs were like marbles. First hit on myself was just above mask, bloody paintball hit my head and never burst :laughing: That was a sore one.

Then there was the eejit who was on my team, we had just started a round, i walked around a corner ahead of him, he followed then started shooting me in the back... i've never swore so much and so angrily in all my life heh, hurt a lot!

Another good one was when my 'team-mates' were watching one flank, little did I know they got shot, leading to me getting shot in the back by about 3 folk all eager to cause me some fun pain hehe.

After the pain dies away though it does leave some awesome battle-scars for a week or so!

paintballing is officially rubbish

run about in a park with army gear on, firing plastic pellets at each others faces.

nae c**t sticks tae the rules, play some stupid game involving a fort or a flagpole, it becomes a shambles and somone always gets shot in the face by some reckless twat who you want to knock fk out of....

its piche

paintballing is officially rubbish

run about in a park with army gear on, firing plastic pellets at each others faces.

nae c**t sticks tae the rules, play some stupid game involving a fort or a flagpole, it becomes a shambles and somone always gets shot in the face by some reckless twat who you want to knock fk out of....

its piche

who took the jam from your doughnut??

Done it once at Bedlam, didn't really enjoy it much. The guys in the other group their were complete tossers. Also got shot right on the bell end and square on the nipple, really wasn't fun. Might try it again somewhere else but can't see how it will be any better.

we had no rules for what we were doing. really was anything goes as is obvious by the firing squad.

our jump suits were crap aswell, cheap boiler suit type material. one guy brought his own one but wasnt allowed to wear it. he was a tad ott though. proper army boots wi massive treds, gloves, the lot.

had a few days to reflect on it and while it had some good moments, the money they fleeced out of us and the pain im still enduring just isnt worth it. cost me

we had no rules for what we were doing. really was anything goes as is obvious by the firing squad.

our jump suits were crap aswell, cheap boiler suit type material. one guy brought his own one but wasnt allowed to wear it. he was a tad ott though. proper army boots wi massive treds, gloves, the lot.

had a few days to reflect on it and while it had some good moments, the money they fleeced out of us and the pain im still enduring just isnt worth it. cost me

a waste of money.

3 types: smoke, noise, paint.

smoke ones (when the instructor used them) created a massive orange cloud that worked a treat.

in the thick of action, absolutely useless

noise; pretty useless again. just a very loud bang. one game i ducked behind some oil drums, one guy launches a grenade in my direction....lands IN the drum, the explosion of which left me deaf for a minute.

paint ones...again, good when the instructor showed us in camp but in the woods, just made a small spludge and quickly washed away with the mud. nowhere near the Mr Bean paintbomb standard we expected

I went a few years ago with my squash and badminton teams - to Oxenfoord. We had a magic time, and whilst it stings a bit when shot, I luckily only managed to get shot once (at the end). But perhaps the marshalls knew their job a bit better? Don't remember any actually having to intervene and we all (but one) really enjoyed it.

I've also been laser gun shooting in South Africa. It's not as lethal as it sounds - you get put in a kind of maze in the dark in teams and have to shoot the opposition. The only trouble is that I was laughing so much I kept forgetting to keep both hands on the gun, so kept getting shot, and my shots never seemed to count much. If you're shot/shoot someone, there's a time-out of 10 seconds or so in which it's "pax" and you can get away to relaunch the ambush.

:lolrangers:

I went a few years ago with my squash and badminton teams - to Oxenfoord. We had a magic time, and whilst it stings a bit when shot, I luckily only managed to get shot once (at the end). But perhaps the marshalls knew their job a bit better? Don't remember any actually having to intervene and we all (but one) really enjoyed it.

I've also been laser gun shooting in South Africa. It's not as lethal as it sounds - you get put in a kind of maze in the dark in teams and have to shoot the opposition. The only trouble is that I was laughing so much I kept forgetting to keep both hands on the gun, so kept getting shot, and my shots never seemed to count much. If you're shot/shoot someone, there's a time-out of 10 seconds or so in which it's "pax" and you can get away to relaunch the ambush.

:angry2:

Sounds like Quazerlaser. How I miss Quazerlaser, find some kid smaller than you and keep following him shooting his sensor, because his gun gets disabled for a second every time he gets shot he could never get you to stop. You always did it to someone smaller because if he was bigger he'd just thump you.

Did PJ(Ant McPartlin) not get blinded in a paintballing storyline in Byker Grove?? :sherlock:

Aye and he let oot the now famous cry of "GEOFF MAN I CANNIT SEEEEEE!" which I was shouting while drunk in a stagger in newcastle lately.

Been once during a stag do in poland. Was good as the heat made the balls soft so it never hurt.

Good adrenaline buzz, but its really nae fit its cracked up to be.

Even as a social event it gets pretty crap, pretty quickly.

My best mate got kicked out because some urine-stain in our team, tripped him up fae behind, and unloaded a couple of dozen paintballs to the back of his head from a foot off .... for the banter, and my mate, rightly enough, got up with his head bleeding badly and smacked the knob after just 20 mins playing.

• 3 years later...

Another competition win. dance.gif

Paintballing Day for Four.

Not sure I want to go based on this thread. unsure.gif

Sounds like a blast.

I often wonder whether 'competitions' are just a convenient way to get rid of stuff that nobody wants and everyone who enters actually wins.

Mainly because my mither is always banging on about winning stuff and the odds on doing so seem quite remarkable.