• 4 weeks later...

NHL season runs from approx mid-October although there would be pre-season games from the start of the month.

New Jersey Devils are the best team in the NY area with the NY Rangers next best. NY Islanders are the worst team in the league.

NBA starts at the beginning of November although there would be pre-season games in October as well, the NY/NJ teams are pretty poor so not worth it unless the Cavs or Lakers or the like are visiting.

NFL should be going as well so either the Giants or Jets should be playing when you're there unless you're really unlucky and one's away whilst the other has their off week.

NHL season runs from approx mid-October although there would be pre-season games from the start of the month.

New Jersey Devils are the best team in the NY area with the NY Rangers next best. NY Islanders are the worst team in the league.

NBA starts at the beginning of November although there would be pre-season games in October as well, the NY/NJ teams are pretty poor so not worth it unless the Cavs or Lakers or the like are visiting.

NFL should be going as well so either the Giants or Jets should be playing when you're there unless you're really unlucky and one's away whilst the other has their off week.

thanks for that,, as for nfl, i dont think i could be more unlucky, no new york teams playing at home... and philifelphia have the week off!!!

• 1 year later...

Yeah I follow the hockey, been a Blackhawks fan since the 90s after glory hunting from the Bulls. Last season was absolute bliss. Stanley Cup champs first time since 61' I believe.

Not happening this season lost a lot of good players. Canucks are the team to beat this season,can't see past them.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone bother wi the local side, Aberdeen Lynx? Got a mate at work fa plays for them, unfortunately they're sh*te, so bad that they are routinely horsed by massive goal differences. Worst I've seen was a couple o weeks ago, they were 3-2 up for ages, then lost 8 goals in the space o twenty minutes. But it's better than watchin soul crushing saturday nite telly

Was at the Lynx game, nae bad game- if it had finished at the second period. Unfortunately Aberdeen Lynx leaked 6 goals to make it 6-12 to North Ayrshire. Teamwork and passing dinna seem to mean an awful lot to the Lynx, f**king dire in the last period, although there were a fair amount of square goes during the match, one resulted in most of both teams being sent to the penalty box, after the ref got banjoed. Also the crowd is pish- too many rich kids, fa stare at ye if you as much as shout encouragement. Still, next home game's same time next month, will still follow the local side, even if the rest of the support disnae!

• 3 months later...

Got absolute destroyed last night in Minnesota.

Bruins are my early tip.

Go Blackhawks!

Stanley Cup starts tomorrow night. My team are there, hope they can go that one more round - getting Manny Malhotra back is a huge boost.

Do we have any Bruins fans on the board? Certainly will be dangerous.

Tipped Bruins from the start man, best goalie in the NHL.

RAZOR am i right in thinking you, like my good self, are a fan of all things Chicago? :sherlock:

My teams are also Blackhawks, Bears, Bulls. :thumbup1:

Hawks,Sox, Bullls.

But i follow Nawlins in the NFL as i lived in Lafayette and attended a few games.

The last few years have been awesome for me, Sox in 05' Saints and Hawks more recently.

RAZOR am i right in thinking you, like my good self, are a fan of all things Chicago? :sherlock:

My teams are also Blackhawks, Bears, Bulls. :thumbup1:

I'm kinda the same - all started with Da Bears (praying the lockout gets sorted so they can come to Wembley in October)

Bulls and Sox also followed. Used to like the Hawks until I went to a Canucks game and I chose to follow them from then on.

• 2 weeks later...