Conspiracy Theories

Scarface

What are your thoughts on popular conspiracy theories such as the following...

1. Did NASA fake the Apollo moon landings to win the space race?

2. Did MI5 conspire to kill Princess Diana to stop her having Dodi Fayed's child?

3. Were the US government complicit in the 9-11 attacks to justify military aggression in Afghanistan and Iraq?

4. Was Dr David Kelly murdered to prevent him exposing the myths in the dossier on WMDs?

5. Is Darren Mackie the secret lovechild of Jimmy Calderwood with the latter being an employee of Glasgow Rangers FC with the intention to bring down Aberdeen FC from the inside?

Any others?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Did MI5 conspire to kill Princess Diana to stop her having Dodi Fayed's child?

3. Were the US government complicit in the 9-11 attacks to justify military aggression in Afghanistan and Iraq?

4. Was Dr David Kelly murdered to prevent him exposing the myths in the dossier on WMDs?

5. Is Darren Mackie the secret lovechild of Jimmy Calderwood with the latter being an employee of Glasgow Rangers FC with the intention to bring down Aberdeen FC from the inside?

Any others?

1 through 4 no. No 5 I believe has been proven beyond reasonable doubt to be true.

Any others?

6. was there another shooter in the Kennedy assasination or was it the work of a loan gun nut??

Guest LondonScottish

Any others?

Was Lewis Hamilton not allowed to win the 2007 champiochip adter the ferrari-gate scandal?

Did Bush really win the election against Al Gore?

Always found the 9-11 conspiracy theories interesting, but you read these 'facts' from various sources. There's no way of telling whats sh*te and whats not unless you see for yourself is there? In this day and age photos and video footage can so easily be fake.

There was a fantastic documentary covering the 911 conspiracy theories a year or two back.

One theory was that the the heat from the planes wouldn't be enough to collapse the towers and that there were bombs let off on each floor that finally brought it down. They slowed down the collapse and highlighted areas on each floor with what appeared to be explosions. They explained it away though as being the effect of compressed air being released as floor after floor collapsed. Did look like explosions tho, but the explanation makes sense.

They also said that another building adjacent to the towers collapsed on it's own accord, wasn't hit and no-one was in it. Don't think they were able to explain that. That was weird.

They also said that there was too little wreckage for the plane that crashed in the field and it looked like it had been planted. That was really just conjecture though and didn't seem to go anywhere.

Dr David Kelly (From Wiki)

Controversial Issues

"I will probably be found dead in the woods"

During the Hutton inquiry, a British ambassador called David Broucher reported a conversation with Kelly at a Geneva meeting in February 2003. Broucher related that Kelly said he had assured his Iraqi sources that there would be no war if they co-operated, and that a war would put him in an "ambiguous" moral position. Broucher had asked Kelly what would happen if Iraq were invaded, and Kelly had replied, "I will probably be found dead in the woods." Broucher then quoted from an email he had sent just after Kelly's death: "I did not think much of this at the time, taking it to be a hint that the Iraqis might try to take revenge against him, something that did not seem at all fanciful then. I now see that he may have been thinking on rather different lines."

Fatality of Ulnar Artery Cuts

Although suicide was officially accepted as the cause of death, some medical experts have raised doubts, suggesting that the evidence does not back this up. The most detailed objection was provided in a letter from three medical doctors published in The Guardian, reinforced by support from two other senior physicians in a later letter to the Guardian. These doctors argued that the autopsy finding of a transected ulnar artery could not have caused a degree of blood loss that would kill someone, particularly when outside in the cold (where vasoconstriction would slow blood loss). Further, this conflicted with the minimal amount of blood found at the scene. They also contended that the amount of co-proxamol found was only about a third of what would normally be fatal. Dr. Rouse, a British epidemiologist wrote to the BMJ pointing out that the act of committing suicide by severing wrist arteries is an extremely rare occurrence in a 59-year-old man with no previous psychiatric history. Nobody else died from that cause during the year.

Little Blood Lost

Dave Bartlett and Vanessa Hunt, the two paramedics who were called to the scene of Kelly's death, have since gone public with their view that there was not enough blood at the location to justify the belief that he died from blood loss. Bartlett and Hunt told the Guardian that they saw a small amount of blood on plants near Kelly's body and a patch of blood the size of a coin on his trousers. They said they would expect to find several pints of blood at the scene of a suicide involving an arterial cut.

However, two of Britain's top forensic pathologists, Chris Milroy and Guy Rutty, dismissed the paramedics' claims, saying it is hard to judge blood loss from the scene of a death, as some blood may have seeped into the ground. Milroy also told the Guardian that Kelly's heart condition may have made it hard for him to sustain any significant degree of blood loss.

No Fingerprints on Knife

On October 15, 2007, it was discovered, through a Freedom of Information request, that the knife with which Kelly allegedly committed suicide had no fingerprints on it.

Lack of formal Inquest

The Hutton Inquiry took priority over an inquest, which would normally be required into a suspicious death. The Oxfordshire coroner, Nicholas Gardiner, considered the issue again in March 2004. After reviewing evidence that had not been presented to the Hutton Inquiry, Gardiner decided that there was no need for further investigation. This conclusion did not satisfy those who had raised doubts, but there has been no alternative official explanation for Kelly's death.

I've never really studied the issue in great detail, but there is no way we put a man on the moon in the 1960's.

We're now well into the 21st century, and successfully sending a manned shuttle into space remains a struggle, never mind landing one on the moon, and bringing passengers back safely! It simply isn't in line with progress and is completely unrealistic - consider how basic computer systems were in the 1960s? I'm not having it I'm afraid, not for one second.

9-11 (from Wiki)

Conspiracy theorists have questioned whether the Oil Factor and 9/11 provided the United States and the United Kingdom with a reason to launch a war they had wanted for some time, and suggest that this gives them a strong motive for either carrying out the attacks, or allowing them to take place. For instance, Andreas von B

6. was there another shooter in the Kennedy assasination or was it the work of a loan gun nut??

1. Yes.

2. No

3. LOL No

4. Possibly, we'll never know. Maybe I read too many spy fiction novels.

5. No

6. Yes, Lee Harvey simply wasn;t capable of pulling off the shot he was supposed to. It was the work of an expert marksman. Who was behind it is a different matter. Maybe I read too many spy novels.

1. Yes.

2. No

3. LOL No

4. Possibly, we'll never know. Maybe I read too many spy fiction novels.

5. No

6. Yes, Lee Harvey simply wasn;t capable of pulling off the shot he was supposed to. It was the work of an expert marksman. Who was behind it is a different matter. Maybe I read too many spy novels.

I agree. Using a poor Carcano rifle from such a distance and the fact that he wasn't the greatest shot in the world makes me think that there was another gunman.

Some of the conspiracy theories are debatable, but conspiracy theorists themselves do no favours to their opinions - can be very aggressive, don't entertain alternative opinions and if you don't agree then you're brainwashed, a sheep or you're part of some imaginary system.

:sherlock:

There was a fantastic documentary covering the 911 conspiracy theories a year or two back.

One theory was that the the heat from the planes wouldn't be enough to collapse the towers and that there were bombs let off on each floor that finally brought it down. They slowed down the collapse and highlighted areas on each floor with what appeared to be explosions. They explained it away though as being the effect of compressed air being released as floor after floor collapsed. Did look like explosions tho, but the explanation makes sense.

They also said that another building adjacent to the towers collapsed on it's own accord, wasn't hit and no-one was in it. Don't think they were able to explain that. That was weird.

They also said that there was too little wreckage for the plane that crashed in the field and it looked like it had been planted. That was really just conjecture though and didn't seem to go anywhere.

Yeah that's the one I saw I think, there's a website dedicated to those theories somewhere too.

Another part of the 9/11 conspiracies was something to do with truckloads of gold being transferred from one tower to the other...

My other personal favourite is that Bush and Bin Laden are actually mates (a bit like oor jmmy and watty) and that bin laden was looked after in a US hospital. Can't remember the whole story but it's on the net somewhere.

Yeah that's the one I saw I think, there's a website dedicated to those theories somewhere too.

Another part of the 9/11 conspiracies was something to do with truckloads of gold being transferred from one tower to the other...

My other personal favourite is that Bush and Bin Laden are actually mates (a bit like oor jmmy and watty) and that bin laden was looked after in a US hospital. Can't remember the whole story but it's on the net somewhere.

I mind reading that there were links between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family. I think it is fact that various members of the Bin Laden family were protected in some way after 911? Possibly flown out of America? Can't mind. But from what I recall the Bin Laden family is a wealthy family and osama is a bit of a black sheep. Probably some sort of oil connection? Is that not what Michael Moore was on about? Hard to say with him what is fact and fiction mind.

I mind reading that there were links between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family. I think it is fact that various members of the Bin Laden family were protected in some way after 911? Possibly flown out of America? Can't mind. But from what I recall the Bin Laden family is a wealthy family and osama is a bit of a black sheep. Probably some sort of oil connection? Is that not what Michael Moore was on about? Hard to say with him what is fact and fiction mind.

Aye they flew oot his cousin or something. It was the only flight allowed oot o america after 9/11 for a while. A sensible precaution due to the obvious backlash they would have recieved. Osama has been totally ostracised by the rest of the family apparentley.

Yep, Farenheit 9/11 had a sizeable section on it. Much as I do admire Michael Moore, most of it was based upon loose propaganda.

Any others?

1. No, a ridiculous notion. One of the main pieces of 'evidence' used by conspiracy theorists is that the flag 'waved' even though there is no atmosphere. So, what, the yanks can get a man to the moon but aren't capeable of making a flag wave atrificially?

2. No, it was a car crash, simple.

3. No but for Bush it was mana from heaven.

4. The most likely by far although to achieve this you have to not only have people to kill him but you would have to involve local pathologists, Police, doctors, magistrates etc. It seems unlikely but not inconceivable.

5. I can see no other reason why Barren Mackie gets a game and why JC doesn't just f**k off.

We all saw that it was aeroplanes that flew into the yankhouses. Controlled demolitions seem a ridiculous notion. The vapourisation of the fuselage of the supposed aircraft type that hit the Pentagon must be even more improbable to you surely? To me, the notion that an unnamed and unknown terrorist group with unclear motives could cordinate what they said they did, is the most ridiculous. Loose Change asked a lot of questions. Most of them fantasist theories no doubt, but the big question remains.

Why is this hard to imagine? It is not difficult to obtain plane timetables and work out roughly what planes you would need to get and when you would need to seize them. The 'co-ordination' isn't that difficult. Flying the things would be more difficult but it is a matter of fact that those involved took flying lessons in America prior to the attack. I cannot for one minute think that the US government had anything to do with this. I can imagine that they had some hints something big was going to happen, didn't have the feintest idea what exactly it was, panicked and ultimately did feck all, thus making them look complicit.

We all saw that it was aeroplanes that flew into the yankhouses. Controlled demolitions seem a ridiculous notion. The vapourisation of the fuselage of the supposed aircraft type that hit the Pentagon must be even more improbable to you surely? To me, the notion that an unnamed and unknown terrorist group with unclear motives could cordinate what they said they did, is the most ridiculous. Loose Change asked a lot of questions. Most of them fantasist theories no doubt, but the big question remains.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

What bit are you struggling with, Fatsgaffe? Do YOU think a group of uneducated camel-jockeys (not my words exactly, but that is what many Americans imply they were) were capable of orchestrating such an elaborate plan as 9/11? Pray do tell. I await your great outpouring of wisdom like the Second Coming itself, oh devout guardian of the Temple of Stewrat Milne.

What bit are you struggling with, Fatsgaffe? Do YOU think a group of uneducated camel-jockeys (not my words exactly, but that is what many Americans imply they were) were capable of orchestrating such an elaborate plan as 9/11? Pray do tell. I await your great outpouring of wisdom like the Second Coming itself, oh devout guardian of the Temple of Stewrat Milne.

http://www.911myths.com/index.html

knock yersel oot min. No time for any balloon that thinks there is even the slightest shred of doubt over who carried out 9/11. What has Stewart Milne got to do with this?

The people who carried out the 9/11 attacks were not uneducated camel jockeys in any way whatsoever. Take Mohammed Atta as one example, who is credited as being the leader of the nineteen hijkackers. He studied architecture at Cairo University and went on to further studies at Hamburg University -at the time of the hijackings I believe he had completed his PhD thesis. Atta spoke English and German, as well as Arabic. I've copy-pasted this from wikipedia, so please excuse the lazy scholarship but Atta was also undertaking research..

"During the summer of 1995, Atta spent three months with co-students Volker Hauth and Ralph Bodenstein in Cairo, on a grant from the Carl Duisberg Society. They looked at the effects of redevelopment in the Islamic Cairo old quarter which the government wanted to develop for tourism. Atta remained in Cairo to stay with his family, after Hauth and Bodenstein returned to Germany."

Does this sound like an 'uneducated camel-jockey' to you?

Ziad Jarrah, who piloted United 93, also studied aerospace engineering at the University of Applied Sciences in Hamburg in 1997.

I am open to conspiracy theories and believe that conspiracies do exist. This one however, is one I do not believe in - and can we please try not to throw around false information to back up arguments -also the approach of treating Al Qaeda/Taliban/a.n other militant group as uneducated cameljockeys has blown back badly in the face of those who have tried to battle with them.