Internationals

Just noticed these spring out of nowhere.

Obviously the big ones are.....

Saturday, 6 June 2009

FYR Macedonia v Norway, Gp 9, 16:45

Iceland v Netherlands, Gp 9, 19:45

Wednesday, 10 June 2009

FYR Macedonia v Iceland, Gp 9, 16:45

Netherlands v Norway, Gp 9, 19:45

By the looks of things we're going to be hoping for heavy Holland wins and dull 0-0 draws elsewhere. Best we can hope for is 2nd, but slightly concerned that Holland will have their feet up already. They can leave that until Hampden.

P.S. - if Roberto posts in this thread, ban the f**ker. :P

Just noticed these spring out of nowhere.

Obviously the big ones are.....

Saturday, 6 June 2009

FYR Macedonia v Norway, Gp 9, 16:45

Iceland v Netherlands, Gp 9, 19:45

Wednesday, 10 June 2009

FYR Macedonia v Iceland, Gp 9, 16:45

Netherlands v Norway, Gp 9, 19:45

By the looks of things we're going to be hoping for heavy Holland wins and dull 0-0 draws elsewhere. Best we can hope for is 2nd, but slightly concerned that Holland will have their feet up already. They can leave that until Hampden.

P.S. - if Roberto posts in this thread, ban the f**ker. :P

Read in the paper Burley is looking for Macedonia to win both their games, thus eliminating Iceland and Norway from contention, resulting in "a winner takes all (play-off place)" match against Macedonia at Hampden. Hopefully Macedonia at Hampden will be his last game in charge.

Read in the paper Burley is looking for Macedonia to win both their games, thus eliminating Iceland and Norway from contention, resulting in "a winner takes all (play-off place)" match against Macedonia at Hampden. Hopefully Macedonia at Hampden will be his last game in charge.

I wish he'd just say that we should win out last 3 games. Not outwith the realms of fantasy. And we need to if we have any chance of the play offs.

I still have my doubts about him, but I'll let him finish the campaign.

I wish he'd just say that we should win out last 3 games. Not outwith the realms of fantasy. And we need to if we have any chance of the play offs.

I still have my doubts about him, but I'll let him finish the campaign.

I disagree. Qualification for the play-offs will be possible with less than 9 nine points from our last three games. In any event, it's all academic Burley doesn't have the ability to negociate us through a tough two-legged playoff.

I disagree. Qualification for the play-offs will be possible with less than 9 nine points from our last three games. In any event, it's all academic Burley doesn't have the ability to negociate us through a tough two-legged playoff.

I'd prefer the 9 points.

And you're right about the play offs if we get there.

We need 9 points to be sure as only 8 of the 9 runners up can qualify for the playoffs... the worst 2nd place team (points wise) will not qualify.

But don't forget that the results against the bottom teams in the other groups don't count, because they have one team more per group.