Ibiza

Nizzy

I'm thinking about heading to Ibiza later in June for a few days of boozing/chilling/clubbing with a few mates.

Anyone got advice on where to stay, suggest a decent hotel etc? Should I be staying in San Antonio or Ibiza Town? I've heard San Antonio can be full of English wan*kers/trouble makers....? We just looking for a good crowd and party time.

I'd appreciate some tips.

Cheers guys.

Stayed in Playa den Bossa (on Bora Bora beach) last year mate, about a 25min taxi from San Antonio. Not as many tubes there and its right on the beach which is amazing. Always tunes playing during the day etc as well. Not far from all the big clubs as well, and there is always buses going to them at night.

http://www.jetibiza.com/ (Where we stayed)

Stayed in San Antonio bay the year before which I didn't mind too much, but preferred den Bossa.

I'm thinking about heading to Ibiza later in June for a few days of boozing/chilling/clubbing with a few mates.

Anyone got advice on where to stay, suggest a decent hotel etc? Should I be staying in San Antonio or Ibiza Town? I've heard San Antonio can be full of English wan*kers/trouble makers....? We just looking for a good crowd and party time.

Cheers guys.

My son is over in San Antonio with his mates just now says it is good paid

I went in 2007 for two weeks in 2007 and had an amazing time. Went out to a club every night so was bloody expensive. Clubs i would reccomend are Space, Es paradise for the water party, amnesia and pacha. Only problems with the main clubs are they are in the middle of no where so you'll need to get taxi's but they are cheap enough. I think we stayed in SA, as i'm sure IT is seen as they gay area of Ibiza. Would highly reccomend it, think theres a group of us heading back out in september again :tumbleweed:

I went in 2007 but got bloody ill half way through the first week which kinda ruined the rest of the holiday. If you're thinking of staying in San Antonio i'd recommend staying in the bay, not the town. Much nicer. Wouldn't stay in Ibiza Town either. Went there one night but didn't think much of it.

One word of advice when going to clubs. Try and get fliers for money off entry from reps on the street or from random bars. The prices to get in are extortionate so you can save yourself a lot of money that way. Es Paradis for the water party is a must. Amazing.

Haha g'oan yersel Dynamo. When you're in San Antonio on the strip etc, you can get plenty cheap booze, deals etc. Thon annoying pr folk will offer heaps at you just to get you into their bar. So get pished before you head to the clubs. Where you are looking at 10 euros a beer, 15 a spirit.

Been to Ibiza 5 times, stay in San Antonio, clubs/drinks etc are quite expensive but well worth it. Must see clubs incoude Pacha and Space.

Great minds think alike, Been to Ibiza 7 times over the years, Even spent the whole summer their in 2002.

Pacha and Space are the business, even for Ibiza virgins Es Paradis and Eden (on a sunday) are decent.

But getting lost at Space at 2pm on Monday takes some beating.

Keep in mind the whole island is based round clubbing so you will find everything expensive compared with other Spanish resorts.

Stay clear of Ibiza town , Full on black leather waistcoats and dodgy tach kind o folk.

Go for it, You will not regret it. But make sure you have at least a grand for your week spending money

was in Playa Bossa 15 years ago and prob the best fortnight of ma life! Four 18 year olds staying in a Thomson's family hotel! just carnage!!

nothing like walking thru the town with all your gear on at 2.30 in the afternoon after a night in Space!! and trying to get a bird into said hotel at this time!

as previously said go for it youll love it!! Obviously its dear as feck noo but prob worth it! when i was there the drink/drugs were still cheap and it was

Cheers guys.

I used to work in Ibiza for a couple of seasons, one as a holday rep. Can only agree with what has been said, stay in San Antonio and avoid Ibiza Town as its full of sausage jockeys. I used to HATE doing excursions there and always stayed in the bus or went down the harbour.

If you think San Antonio might be a bit OTT i would definetly recommend staying in San Antonio Bay. I used to look after the Hotel Riviera and its a decent place close to the beach and not that far round the bay from all the action in San Antonio.

Clubs wise other than has already been mentioned my favourite out the lot was Amnesia. Absolutly brilliant and would highly suggest a visit there. Feck all to do with the Blue Versaces as to why it was such a great place! :hysterical: Space as has been mentioned is a must do.

I wouldnt worry about it being filled with English wa*ks. Aye there are a few but no more than you would see on a Saturday night out back in this country. Just simply move on to the next boozer. Scottish bars are Kilties and the Highlander, both decent enough.

Have a great time, its a fantastic place and will be a holiday you wont forget and will be worth it! :thumbs:

I used to work in Ibiza for a couple of seasons, one as a holday rep. Can only agree with what has been said, stay in San Antonio and avoid Ibiza Town as its full of sausage jockeys. I used to HATE doing excursions there and always stayed in the bus or went down the harbour.

If you think San Antonio might be a bit OTT i would definetly recommend staying in San Antonio Bay. I used to look after the Hotel Riviera and its a decent place close to the beach and not that far round the bay from all the action in San Antonio.

Clubs wise other than has already been mentioned my favourite out the lot was Amnesia. Absolutly brilliant and would highly suggest a visit there. Feck all to do with the Blue Versaces as to why it was such a great place! :o Space as has been mentioned is a must do.

I wouldnt worry about it being filled with English wa*ks. Aye there are a few but no more than you would see on a Saturday night out back in this country. Just simply move on to the next boozer. Scottish bars are Kilties and the Highlander, both decent enough.

Have a great time, its a fantastic place and will be a holiday you wont forget and will be worth it! ;)

I couldn't get my mates out of that bloody bar, i f**king hate karaoke bars ;)

I've been twice and stayed at the Bay and San Antonio. The first year at the Bay was really good, and was only a euro boat fair to get across to San Antonio and it was pretty good taking your drinks on and the music playing on the boat. The second year was Playa Bossa at Jet Apartments (same as Macca) and that was much better I thought. Bora Bora beach is incredible during the day and early evening. It's a taxi fair to get to the strip, but if theres alot of yous who cares.

And the Scottish bars are disgusting. Avoid at all costs. Unless you like people always going about how Scottish they are whilst listening to Scooter and showing their Scottish tattoos. Personally, not for me.

I went to the Hotel Riviera on my first holiday with Mrs. Balboa, a few years back now. I didn't expect much, given that Ibiza isn't my kind of place, but found some history (the old Roman city) and the little 'un loved it.

Have a great time, its a fantastic place and will be a holiday you wont forget and will be worth it! :itch-chin:

Seconded. The Highlander is great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Following weemackie's post, I'm looking for for Ibiza advice.

I've won a holiday there to be taken anytime before next September. Is there any particular weekend or event there I should be looking out for? Or just take a guess and hope for the best? Won't be going until June at the earliest I reckon.

dancin.gif

I've won a holiday there to be taken anytime before next September. Is there any particular weekend or event there I should be looking out for? Or just take a guess and hope for the best? Won't be going until June at the earliest I reckon.

dancin.gif

Lucky bastard.

Where did you win the holiday?

Opening and more so closing party times are the best or certainly used to be.

dancin.gif

If June is the earliest you'd probably have missed most of the opening parties, think most of them are last weeks of May. You'd miss the closings if it has to be before September.

I'd just go in August some time if I were you, thats when its hottest and busiest. Radio 1 weekend is normally start of august i think, nae 100% though

Do you know whereabouts you'll be staying? If you have a choice stay in Playa Den Bossa over San Antonio. PDB is beach bars and hot foreign birds, San An is full of pissed up british folk.

Im already planning my excursions over there for next year. Think i'll be making multiple trips over, I fucking love Ibiza :thumbs:

I'd be open to going for the opening parties like, are they worth going for? I'm not that clued up on Ibiza!

Check this link for the line ups for this years opening parties http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_june_i.htm

Nae sure what type of dunce music your into but I would recomend We Love Sundays @ Space, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Circo Loco @ DC-10

Also Music On, Marco Carolas night at Amnesia was fucking brilliant. He played the best set ive ever heard. He played on till 8.45am aswell :thumbs: