Bundesliga Leads At Turnstyles

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish
Still quite cheap to go to the games in germany I think compared to britain. Maguire89 may be able to clarify this.

That might be something to do with it; also there might not be as much live football on TV over there. :confused:

That might be something to do with it; also there might not be as much live football on TV over there. :confused:

I'm nae sure how it works with the tv. I remember reading somewhere they had to show games on non pay tv. Seems the germans actually care about their fans. They don't get the massive amounts of money the epl and la liga gets but keep the games cheap to go to and show them on tv to keep the interest high and affordable. Probably why they no longer compete in the champions league.

Guest LondonScottish
Sure I read that every game is live on tv.

I have no idea.

How much does it cost to go to a Bundesliga game?

I have no idea.

How much does it cost to go to a Bundesliga game?

i was over in berlin in february and it was gonna cost 20 euros for a hertha match. dunno what part of the stadium that was for like but id imagine theyr pretty similar prices than to us, altho that is a relatively new stadium and hertha are one of the biggest teams in the league so, thinkin about it that way, they might be much cheaper and definately more value for money than over here! i watch as much bundesliga as possible and id say its very close second to the epl in terms of action and entertainment!

Yes, I can clarify some things :(:

TV:

All matches are shown as summaries in Free Tv :

Friday: 20:30 (German Time): One game, live on Pay TV, summary on saturday 18:30

Saturday: 15:30 6 Matches, all of them live on pay TV (about 17 pound per month), summaries in free tv from 18:30 - 20:00

Sunday: 17:00 2 Matches, live on Pay TV, summaries at 22:00 in free tv

However this will change next season to get more money and I don't reallly understand how it works. I Think there's a so called ''top match'' on saturday evening live in free tv and the sunday matches will kick off at different times of the day.

At the moment, only the first match of the season and the first match of the second half of the season (R

• 2 weeks later...
It's a very good league, very competitive, with at least 5 teams in with a shout of the title every year. However, the fact that it has the highest average attendance is not surprising, given that it is the most populated country in Western Europe (approx. 82 million).

Of course you are right here, but even the 2nd Bundesliga attracts a higher attendance than the Italian Serie A.

Am sure the games are on tv they do that split games where they do live clips during the 90mins and show all the goals as they happen. I think we payed 15 Euros for Hertha Berlin game in march.

We did and Hertha were top of the league at the time. Also match ticket entitled you to free transport from the town centre to the game and back. Think this applies to all games in Germany.

The trip to Berlin actually cost less than some of the trips to EPL games I have done.

Of course you are right here, but even the 2nd Bundesliga attracts a higher attendance than the Italian Serie A.

The second? Jeez, I didn't know that. Good on them, when you consider the fact they could cash in and milk it like the English Championship does. At least in Germany, the fans come first.

I also knew about the match ticket/travel pass situation as well. Wish ACC would do the same for Dandies, but I doubt it...

The second? Jeez, I didn't know that. Good on them, when you consider the fact they could cash in and milk it like the English Championship does. At least in Germany, the fans come first.

I also knew about the match ticket/travel pass situation as well. Wish ACC would do the same for Dandies, but I doubt it...

Yes, its very nice indeed, the standard of the 2nd Bundesliga is quite high, a lot of national players there and a club like N