Things To Do In London

minijc

Guest LondonScottish
Right, I know there are a few people on here from that place, looks like I am heading down there the first week in July for 2 days or so, so can you good people post up a few suggestions for eating out, and sights to go see, also shops to visit?

http://www.londonribvoyages.com/

Take one of these boats down the Thames, its pretty good fun, and you get the tourist talk along the way, goes down past the Thames barrier etc etc.

Good to do in the morning, and the fresh air will get you invigorated for the day.

The Tower of London is only a few minutes away and worth a look http://www.hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/?gclid...CFVIB4wodukQzpQ

From there you can walk across Tower Bridge and allong the Southbank for the London Eye. Book your tickets before hand, and make sure you get fast-track ones as the queues can be big. http://www.londoneye.com/

The London Aqarium is just along from here, but its not the best, and is fairly boring, so I'd give it a miss.

The Natural History Museum is pretty awesome, but you'll need a good amount of time to go through it. Worthwhile though.

If you want some pre-season football, there a tournament at Wembley around the 24-26 the or something like that with Barca, Celtic, Spurs and one other. Barca/Spurs might be a good shout. If you need tickets let me know.

Theres also a preseason at the Emirates, but thats around 1st August and Rangers are involved

As for restaurants, none are doing particularly well at the moment and almost all have excellent deals. look at www.toptable.com There's plenty with 50% off, but you have to book through the website.

Shopping go down Regents Street for a decent variety, and Selfridges on Oxford Street is worth it. If you want sports kit Lllywhites at Piccadilly will be your nly stop.

As for nightlife. There's plenty of bars in Soho which are really buzzy at night. Go down Dean street amd Greek street and get plotted up outside and watch the World go by.

Right, I know there are a few people on here from that place, looks like I am heading down there the first week in July for 2 days or so, so can you good people post up a few suggestions for eating out, and sights to go see, also shops to visit?

London's closed that week I'm afraid. Nae luck :sheepshag:

Guest LondonScottish
Ouch, a weekend in London in the Summer. Good luck. You can barely move in the city at 2pm on a Tuesday.

???

There's an ace pub round the corner from Oxford Circus on Argyll Street called the Argyll which is perfect for sitting outside with a pint watching the girls go by. Many an hour has been spent doing that in the last few years.

I've only been to London once, was f**king ace. Love the big city buzz.

Imperial War Museum was decent.

Boat on the Thames was good albeit f**king baltic in October.

London Eye was cool.

Might as well have a wonder by Buck House, Downing street and Parliament just to see it.

There's an ace pub round the corner from Oxford Circus on Argyll Street called the Argyll which is perfect for sitting outside with a pint watching the girls go by. Many an hour has been spent doing that in the last few years.

Aye thats a nice wee establishment.

The Queen Mary overlooking the London Eye does a mean sausages and mashed potatoes.