Tv Series

Just watched a 6 part series called "High Maintenance" about a weed dealer in NYC.

It was a curious, quirky show. The dealer - "the guy" - was sometimes hardly even in it and the show seemed more about his diverse customers and those he encounters.

it was OK but I think they could have done much more with the concept.

I probably only watched it because the theme made me want to have some weed :laughing:

Nice

The burbs?

Suburbs!

We have rented a house for the weekend.

Normally I like to stay around Leidseplein / Vondelpark / de Pijp etc but flats / hotels are increasingly awkward when you have kids and the car.

This place has loads of space and free parking. We can jump onto the No 2 tram straight into the guts of the city.

Last year we were near Vondelpark and I had to get the flat owner to use a mobile app to let me park in an underground carpark (15 euros a day, instead of the normal £8,000 per hour). You couldnt sign up for the app, if you didnt live in benelux or germany (racism!).

After I parked and he buggered off to his houseboat for the weekend, i remembered I had left stuff in the car and I didnt have the phone app to open the car park.

And so I had to hang about outside conspicuously, and then when (eventually) a car drove into it, I had to run down the ramp and throw myself through the closing doors (it was like that scene where Indiana Jones rolls under the closing door, in Raiders of the Lost Ark).

Its much better to just have free parking and avoid all this kind of excitement.

So quick catch up of my recent viewing.

The Good Doctor - a lot of House MD similarities - moralities are the big thing in and around this series - starts off about autism etc but then moves onto other topics which are portrayed in thought provoking ways

Britannia - GoT in Roman Britain with a bit of druid skull-duggery thrown in - plot similarities to GoT very obvious with the small girl / weirdo ex-Druid now God-esque relationship being one of the best bits about it but some of the language is way too modern "street" to be even remotely likely in the early ADs

Collatoral - typical BBC drama, solid but hardly groundbreaking - interesting twist in the last half of the Ep4 but apart from that you have seen most of it before

Save Me - finally something different, not an easy watch with the subject matter but I am sure it goes on - schools should show it to their secondary schools in Social Studies and the messages delivered would definitely make quite a few teenagers wise up a bit - unfortunately had heard about a second series so knew the way this one was going to play out

McMafia - yes it was The Night Manager in Russia/Turkey..can't believe they tweak the plot lines so thinly then call it ground breaking new drama - as with all BBC stuff a couple of decent messages delivered

Gomorra - now I was a big fan and put up with some of the far fetched-ness of the plots but Season 3 is just ridiculous in the extreme - loads of blooodshed but the rate the other people get knocked off with apparent ease and simple plans then the main characters have the most charmed lifes in history - Genaro is still a decent loveable rogue character who you want to see win but he is on about life 27 the amounts of time he could have been dispatched

Anything new on the horizon?

Any comments on the Third Series of The Tunnel which I somehow managed to skip over

So quick catch up of my recent viewing.

The Good Doctor - a lot of House MD similarities - moralities are the big thing in and around this series - starts off about autism etc but then moves onto other topics which are portrayed in thought provoking ways

Britannia - GoT in Roman Britain with a bit of druid skull-duggery thrown in - plot similarities to GoT very obvious with the small girl / weirdo ex-Druid now God-esque relationship being one of the best bits about it but some of the language is way too modern "street" to be even remotely likely in the early ADs

Collatoral - typical BBC drama, solid but hardly groundbreaking - interesting twist in the last half of the Ep4 but apart from that you have seen most of it before

Save Me - finally something different, not an easy watch with the subject matter but I am sure it goes on - schools should show it to their secondary schools in Social Studies and the messages delivered would definitely make quite a few teenagers wise up a bit - unfortunately had heard about a second series so knew the way this one was going to play out

McMafia - yes it was The Night Manager in Russia/Turkey..can't believe they tweak the plot lines so thinly then call it ground breaking new drama - as with all BBC stuff a couple of decent messages delivered

Gomorra - now I was a big fan and put up with some of the far fetched-ness of the plots but Season 3 is just ridiculous in the extreme - loads of blooodshed but the rate the other people get knocked off with apparent ease and simple plans then the main characters have the most charmed lifes in history - Genaro is still a decent loveable rogue character who you want to see win but he is on about life 27 the amounts of time he could have been dispatched

Anything new on the horizon?

Any comments on the Third Series of The Tunnel which I somehow managed to skip over

Enjoyed The Tunnel 3. Think they've called a halt at the right time though.

About to start Homeland series 7. Not sure how they have strung it out so long but will give it a bash anyway.

Maybe more for documentaries thread but downloaded life on death row series. Still to watch.