Tour De France

Not up to date with Armstrong's progress since breaking his collarbone a few weeks back, but if he's regained full fitness, I think he'll be in the top 10. I'd like to hope he'd be in the top 1 and you can bet he wouldn't start without that intention too.

Bit annoyed that they appear to be letting Tom Boonen race, from what I heard on the radio yesterday... Again, I don't have the full facts, but if he really did test positive for drugs, why's that being allowed?

;)

Had to do a project in french in my school days, any subject you like, obviously picked sport, and as Rugby & Cycling were the big two back then, had to be the wheelers. Hooked on Le Tour ever since.

Be interesting to see how Armstrong fares, also interesting is his ongoing spat with Lemond who is all but straight out calling him a drugs cheat. I think top 10 is a shoo-in, there are only a few who have legitimate winning chances, Armstrong is one or he wouldn;t be starting, but I think he has to be past it. Schlek last year showed signs of doing an Indurain when he let Delgado winhis last tour. This year for him I think.

Not up to date with Armstrong's progress since breaking his collarbone a few weeks back, but if he's regained full fitness, I think he'll be in the top 10. I'd like to hope he'd be in the top 1 and you can bet he wouldn't start without that intention too.

Bit annoyed that they appear to be letting Tom Boonen race, from what I heard on the radio yesterday... Again, I don't have the full facts, but if he really did test positive for drugs, why's that being allowed?

:crossfingers:

He failed a test for a non performance enhancing drug (cocaine) and therefore can't be banned for sporting reasons.

That's the official explanation anyway, I'm not convinced it sets a good example.

Regarding the winner, I think that Contador has to either fall off to lose or will be told to work for Armstrong.

He failed a test for a non performance enhancing drug (cocaine) and therefore can't be banned for sporting reasons.

That's the official explanation anyway, I'm not convinced it sets a good example.

Regarding the winner, I think that Contador has to either fall off to lose or will be told to work for Armstrong.

Really you can use drugs so long as they are not performane enhancing.

Seems crazy to me drugs are drugs.

This must just be the cycling rules is it?

Really you can use drugs so long as they are not performane enhancing.

Seems crazy to me drugs are drugs.

This must just be the cycling rules is it?

Must be because they were saying on the radio earlier that it was a shame Richard Gasquet wasn't playing Wimbledon this year - he's got a trial starting next week for cocaine too and is suspended until that takes place.

Of all the events which need to tighten up regarding drugs, you'd have thought the TdF would want to show they're doing their best to be squeaky clean at last. But rools is rools.

:laughing:

Armstrong will be in Yellow at some point during the Tour, whether he'll be in it in Paris or not is the question.

Can Armstrong climb the mountains like he used to , If he can he has every chance of winning the tour. Also his biggest challange may come from his own team as Alberto Contador is the team leader and also has a good chance to win the tour.

Will Armstrong be given orders to help Contador if he requires it , And will Armstrong sacrifice his own chances by helping the team leader.

Can Armstrong climb the mountains like he used to , If he can he has every chance of winning the tour. Also his biggest challange may come from his own team as Alberto Contador is the team leader and also has a good chance to win the tour.

Will Armstrong be given orders to help Contador if he requires it , And will Armstrong sacrifice his own chances by helping the team leader.

It's a funny route this year though as the alpine stages don't look quite so punishing - there's no 3 or 4 killer mountain days as they're a bit more spread out. Stage 20 looks a bit of a bugger though.

If COntador is in a better position to win then Lance will support him - the tension will come if they both have a good chance.

Today should see the start of the fireworks, expect a push from the Schleks, and Armstrong to sit on his team"mate" all day.

Standing Rider Rider number bib Team Time Gaps

1. CANCELLARA Fabian 33 TEAM SAXO BANK 19h 29' 22"

2. ARMSTRONG Lance 22 ASTANA 19h 29' 22" + 00' 00"

3. CONTADOR Alberto 21 ASTANA 19h 29' 41" + 00' 19"

4. KL

Armstrong will be in Yellow at some point during the Tour, whether he'll be in it in Paris or not is the question.

The mountains will start to sort the wheat from the chaff. They're all crazy mentally, but Armstrong's brain and body are made of steel when it comes to climbing.

Sadly, I've not seen ANY of the tour yet. What time are the highlights on and on which channel? ITV1?

:dontknow:

The mountains will start to sort the wheat from the chaff. They're all crazy mentally, but Armstrong's brain and body are made of steel when it comes to climbing.

Sadly, I've not seen ANY of the tour yet. What time are the highlights on and on which channel? ITV1?

:dontknow:

ITV4 has coverage live on the red button from 2pm, think it may be even earlier today as it's the first big mountain stage.

Highlights are also on ITV4 @ 7 or 7.30 I think.

ITV4 has coverage live on the red button from 2pm, think it may be even earlier today as it's the first big mountain stage.

Highlights are also on ITV4 @ 7 or 7.30 I think.

Thanks. Just been watching for the first time, for about an hour (boy those ad breaks are incessant, aren't they?!!).

Interesting that Phil and Paul have been having a go at the French authorities for picking on Armstrong. Apparently since he announced last August that he would be racing in the TdF again this year, he's been random tested out of competition FORTY times. He's been tested EVERY day in competition and once 3 times in 48 hours. Every single result has been negative.

Then again, the French have always had an uneasy relationship with him. He speaks fluent French but never endeared himself to them from the outset a) by being brash and b) by refusing to speak in French in the interviews!

Oh, and "he's not put a foot wrong in the first 9 days of racing" apparently. Including climbing.

Forza Lance!

:thumbs: