Is Maclean A Good Move...?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LondonScottish
According to Wiki...

Seems to have been a lean couple of years, but pretty sharp before that.

F@ck me, Sturrock spent

Loan move with a view to a permanent deal? Or maybe he's out of contract next summer and we're checking him out first before making a permanent move. Would be chuffed with this signing. Would we get rid of a striker though? Miller, Maclean, Mackie, Maguire, Wright, Paton. Think 6 strikers is probably too much. If we play a front three then wingers will be played as part of that as well. Aluko and even Pawlett could be played as part of that so can see someone leaving if we get Maclean

Guest LondonScottish
Hoping hes a 15 a season man, Id settle for that as long as Miller can get close to it also........

If we had two strikers hitting 15 each in a season that would be a revelation. :moonie:

Guest LondonScottish
I guess outside the OF that just doesnt happen though, you never know

It is possible, and would be great.

Looks like he had a GREAT record until Cardiff, where it looks like he lost track a bit & probably some confidence.

MacLean began the season as Cardiff's leading striker after Robbie Fowler was deemed not fit enough to play in some of the team's opening games. Famous for having never missed a penalty in his career, he came to Cardiff to miss one on his debut, leaving his new club to lose 1-0 to Stoke City on the first game of the season. However, with Fowler soon returning and the arrival of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, MacLean found himself relegated to the bench. Things continued to get worse for him as he suffered ruptured ankle ligaments in a reserve match against Plymouth Argyle, which was expected to rule him out until December.[4] However, he made an early return coming on as a substitute in a 1-0 loss to Southampton on 21 October 2007. After his return, he made mostly late substitute appearances, with just three starts for Cardiff - in a 2-0 defeat against Charlton Athletic, a 2-2 draw with Watford, and a 3-1 win against Chasetown in the FA Cup.

Hope we do get him cos if he got back to anywhere near his old form he'd be superb for us.

Biggest fear would be that (now that Fletcher's away) hibs may come in for him & he'd probably choose them over us, since he's a Hibee .

If it's a loan deal then they can have as much chance of getting him, or maybe more.

MacLean shot to prominence during his time at Scunthorpe while on loan from Rangers, scoring 23 goals in 42 league appearances for the club in League 2.

Despite his scoring form, he was sold by Rangers to Sheffield Wednesday for

Guest LondonScottish
I;ve seen him a couple of times at Plymouth and he looks handy. looked good in an awful plymouth side and got a few goals last year too.

That's positive. Good to get a first hand view. Where do you think he'd fit in and who with at Aberdeen if he came?

Guest LondonScottish
If he's on loan why not! good scoring record and cannae be any worse that what we have!

Would seem like a risk worth taking. Excellent scoring record, just lost his way a bit; hopefully he can reignite what he did with Scunthorpe and Wednesday.

Be good to get players in before the leave on Friday for Austria. It's nae looking very likely though.

Normally i wouldn't be in such a hurry to get a few players in but with Europe starting on 30 July i was hoping we would get a player or 2 in for the tour so they can get a few games under their belt.

Guest LondonScottish
Normally i wouldn't be in such a hurry to get a few players in but with Europe starting on 30 July i was hoping we would get a player or 2 in for the tour so they can get a few games under their belt.

We could still get Paterson and MacLean in by Friday at a push. If it happens it happens. Its only a loan, so there's not too much to negotiate.

I would however like to see a decent CB in place sooner rather than later so the defence can get used to playing as a unit.