The Fishing Thread

I'm starting the Fishing thread, whether it be fly, coarse or spinning. Discuss tackle, tactic's and catches here. Also suggest Lochs, river beats and fisheries here.

I got a Sharpes of Aberdeen rod for my birthday after i liked my dads one. Gordon 2 Trout- 9'7'' 7- wt. I have been fishing for almost a year now. I went out a few time with my Dad and really enjoyed it.

I usually fish at the fisheries like Loch Insch, Artloch, etc. Haven't been out for a couple of months now though. I might get a permit for some of the rivers this year since the river season starts soon.

Tight lines. :fishing:

Guest LondonScottish

I'm starting the Fishing thread, whether it be fly, coarse or spinning. Discuss tackle, tactic's and catches here. Also suggest Lochs, river beats and fisheries here.

I got a Sharpes of Aberdeen rod for my birthday after i liked my dads one. Gordon 2 Trout- 9'7'' 7- wt. I have been fishing for almost a year now. I went out a few time with my Dad and really enjoyed it.

I usually fish at the fisheries like Loch Insch, Artloch, etc. Haven't been out for a couple of months now though. I might get a permit for some of the rivers this year since the river season starts soon.

Tight lines. :fishing:

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=8163&st=0&p=133462&hl=fishing&fromsearch=1entry133462

• 1 month later...

dinna like fisheries really - pet trout.

like to take wild brownies from rivers and lochs.

Had a membership for the Kyle of Sutherland, but given it up due to lack of use on my part. Now have a holiday hoose in Scourie, so hopeing to get up there most weekends this summer for some cracking hill lochs.

biggest wild brownie is 2 1/2lb which is decent for a hill loch. 7lb salmon which was a lot of years ago now. Not a huge fan of fishing for salmon as it's more luck than skill but brownies is more skill.

dinna like fisheries really - pet trout.

like to take wild brownies from rivers and lochs.

Had a membership for the Kyle of Sutherland, but given it up due to lack of use on my part. Now have a holiday hoose in Scourie, so hopeing to get up there most weekends this summer for some cracking hill lochs.

biggest wild brownie is 2 1/2lb which is decent for a hill loch. 7lb salmon which was a lot of years ago now. Not a huge fan of fishing for salmon as it's more luck than skill but brownies is more skill.

I'm gettin permit for The Deveron this Year, I'll be goin after the wild broons as soon as i can :fishing:

Cheers :thumbs: , i understand the reasons for having "clean tackle", i always disinfect my net after fishing anyway, and i can use other rods, reels etc for fishining the river. Do you fish The Deveron much yourself?

No but one of my mates is up there all the time thats the reason I know about the disinfecting. He said he would take me with him but due to work I aint been hame for a while. I actually prefer sea fishing but I do like casting the odd fly.

We fish off the platforms down here in Angola and I have caught some monsters its pretty scary.

Gonna give the deveron a go this year and 75 quid for a season permit its pretty decent.

Maybe see you up there.

No but one of my mates is up there all the time thats the reason I know about the disinfecting. He said he would take me with him but due to work I aint been hame for a while. I actually prefer sea fishing but I do like casting the odd fly.

We fish off the platforms down here in Angola and I have caught some monsters its pretty scary.

Gonna give the deveron a go this year and 75 quid for a season permit its pretty decent.

Maybe see you up there.

Its Huntly Waters beats i'll be fishing on, i'm from Huntly so i get a residents permit. Costs something like

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...