The Brown Bounce

Not felt as positive about the Dons for a while, after the Annus Mcgheeus Horribilis, I can admit I have never looked fwd to a game so much as the semi final v Celtic, positively choking for it.

STAND FREE

Like you I am far more positive abouot matters and impressed at our activity through the transfer window. I think we probably have the best management team in the SPL now and miracle of miracles they've even been alllowed to splash a wee bit of cash and bring some folk in.

To put my sensible head on, most teams get a bounce with a new manager which wears off about now and we still have a few characters in our team who hardly inspire confidence - the defence still looks fragile despite recent results and whilst my heart is full of joy with what has happened my head is warning me that we are not yet out of the woods. CB and AK look like the real deal and I've not felt so happy about our management for decades!

COYR!

:dance::bounce::dance:

PS Please can we have the flag back as an emoticon?

I know what you're saying, I can't wait for the Semi either, and the McGhee days suddenly seem many years ago. The main difference for me is the effort being shown, and whilst it is shameful the players wern't giving the same effort previously, its good to see they now finally are, the work rate against the Jutes, particularly by the likes of Maguire and Aluko was immense.

Was just on the phone to the ticket office for my Celtic Park tickets, the lassie said that we have just sold out the initial allocation for the semi and are on to the next batch, which is great, but she thought it would be me and about 10 others at Celtic Park next week.

Not felt as positive about the Dons for a while, after the Annus Mcgheeus Horribilis, I can admit I have never looked fwd to a game so much as the semi final v Celtic, positively choking for it.

STAND FREE

+1 Barararararararasie

The Brown Ring of Confidence (BRC) has fair got us going again! Crowds will be right up

MON THE DANDIES

• 3 weeks later...

Compare today to the 9-0 drubbing and, beyond the basics that we didn't lose so bad, you can see we're a much better managed club (albeit with the same weak-spirited players).

Firstly, Brown & Knox took action to stem the goal-every-10 minutes stat before it settled. Vuja off & a blocking at halftime with a demand that at least we win the 2nd half (which we did thanks in part to Celtic slowing down).

Secondly, the first thing Brown did after the game was apologise to the fans. No excuses, no distractions, just straight words of sorrow and a message that we must do better on Tuesday and that we're a better team than that. McGhee would've blamed all and sundry but him.

Today was horrible, but Brown & Knox will eventually turn us into a side with bottle and fight. We're in safe hands.