Sportscene

10pm on BBC 2 seems to be its new usual time from next week. I'm glad its moved from Monday to Sunday. Think it'll get more viewers especially since MOTD2 will follow right after it. Any idea why the BBC are suddenly allowed to show highlights on a Sunday? I know they could do it if games were all on a Saturday but it sounds like even if games are played on Sunday they'll still be allowed to show the highlights.

I'm liking Liam McLeods coverage of the Dons - being a Dandy he makes the most of his interview time with players and management, also gets rather excitable and doesn't really hide his allegiances well!

Good to have him and Richie representing.

Yeah good to have a few Dandies in the media with Richard Gordon, Liam McLeod and Rob McLean.

Rob McLean is from Alness, in Ross-shire and his wife Pauline is from Aberdeen.

His links with Aberdeen come from his Northsound radio commentary days, in which he commentated on the Gothrnburg final.

Whether he is a Dandy or not isn't confirmed but her certainly has allegiances and a soft spot for the club.

Funny, I used to think Scott Davie was a Dons fan, until recent years when he's turned into a complete c+nt, and then this was finally confirmed in the Raith games. Can't believe he hasn't been hounded out by the fans, he deserves some abuse.

Ally Begg recently quit his job out in the far east - maybe another potnential Dandy in the media back here?

Rob McLean said he was a Ross County fan during the Scottish Cup run last season. And being from Alness, that makes sense. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a soft-spot for the Dons too. When I were a lad up in those parts a lot of us had a 'big' team and a 'little' team. County were only just in the third division when I started following football so the two went quite well together. County were my local team, and Aberdeen were my 'local' SPL team.

And Rob's considerably older than me, so there would have been even fewer problems supporting a Highland League team and a Premier team for him!

As for the lunatic who suggested Scott Davies may have been a dandie,lmao.

Aye, but his hatred of the Dons seems to have stepped up in recent years, he never used to act like such a prick towards us. I always assumed he was a Dandy as he always covered our games and sounded pretty enthused about the whole deal.

Clearly fter the Raith games his true colours showed but to be honest I think McGhee riled him a lot and this spurned his hatred of us - some of their exchanges during interviews were excrutiating.

Like I said, he's a c+nt, wish the Beeb could deploy a new reporter.

Aye, but his hatred of the Dons seems to have stepped up in recent years, he never used to act like such a prick towards us. I always assumed he was a Dandy as he always covered our games and sounded pretty enthused about the whole deal.

Clearly fter the Raith games his true colours showed but to be honest I think McGhee riled him a lot and this spurned his hatred of us - some of their exchanges during interviews were excrutiating.

Like I said, he's a c+nt, wish the Beeb could deploy a new reporter.

Must admit Jazzer it is strange how even though he clearly hates Aberdeen he seems to commentate for them all the time.

They switched it to BBC2 Scotland so my SKY+ series link lost it this week. It always seems to be a bit of a dull sort of programme and the weekly "pundits" never exactly show any excitement. Could do with livening up a bit at times.

I agree, I think there is a lot they could do to imporve it though.

Personally, I'd bring back Richard Gordon to present it but get him a decent co-anchor. Then have one guest presenter in the studio every week, folk like Pat Nevin, nae some monosyllabic player that can barely string a sentence together.

They also need to improve the highlights dramatically. They need to be longer for a start (and from decent cameras), with proper commentary (rather than the overdubbed sh*te we are subjected to) and proper post match analysis. They need this for every game, not just the old firm ones.

Oh, and move it back to Saturday night. (Actually, considering there are usually Sunday games, it probably should stay on a Sunday which is far better than the Monday slot)