Briefs or Boxers?

BTR

For reasons related to supporting my undercarriage in sport, I recently purchased a pair of briefs for the first time in memory after years of wearing the latter.

Functionally superb but very difficult to get used to.

What's other folk's underwear of choice?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CAPSLOCK

HAVE BEEN MEANING TO BUY A PAIR OF BRIEFS TO STOP THE 'BOY' FLAILING ABOUT DURING FOOTBALL BUT HAVEN'T GOT ROUND TO IT YET.

THAT'S BEEN A GOOD 5 YEARS I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT NOW.

I have two pairs of identical nike football shorts, though one pair has integral "punt bits" (!) that I normally wear for football.

Imagine my discomfort when I recently picked up the wrong pair and ended up having to play commando. Wisnae bonnie! In fact it only took 10 minutes to get a smack in the stanes due to flailing testes.

I'm not saying I do (usually just a pair of briefs for support), but a lot of other sports do it, and it would seem to be a prudent move if you ask me. A potentially less painful option.

I know, it's just the image!

Every now and again I see disposed cod-pieces in the changing room and it always makes me laugh.

Unless it's for medical reasons I can't understand the need for it in football.

Guest TenementFunster
I know, it's just the image!

Every now and again I see disposed cod-pieces in the changing room and it always makes me laugh.

Unless it's for medical reasons I can't understand the need for it in football.

It is for medical reasons, to avoid pissing blood I'd guess being a very good one.

Boxers for me, everytime.

It is for medical reasons, to avoid pissing blood I'd guess being a very good one.

:nutter:

Aye, that's kind of why I said that :thumbs:

But you do get hypocondriacs.

Jogged my memory there Ferret - I always used to wear cyclers when I played boys club football.

Guest TenementFunster
Boxers for me also...

Always wear cycling shorts during any sporting activing so have no use for either in that situation.

Best 30 quid I ever spent!!

Guest TenementFunster
Is that really true?

Well, there was a time late one night in Barcelona . . . :thumbs:

but at the time it was, I was playing in agony for months and it all cleared up after a couple of weeks wearing them.

Guest glasgowdon
A mate of mine does, but that was only after he got smacked in the chram and ended up with a traumatised urethra and blood coming out of it.

High Five!

Always wear boxers as my cat like reactions mean I don't get hit in the nuts playing football.

I wear thongs or big pants sometimes lacy ones and they usually match my bra

I don't like those boxer things you can get now

I like the tight short ones you guys wear.................the ones Freddie models :thumbs:

I'm surprised it took you so long to respond!