Darren Bent

Well he got 20 + last season?

So did Rooney. Doesn't mean it will happen every season.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player. I just don't think anyone except the new 'top four' could justify spending that amount of money on a player who will do nothing rather than score goals. Villa could put that money to better use elsewhere. If they aren't providing chances for Bent then he'll offer them very little, if anything at all.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player. I just don't think anyone except the new 'top four' could justify spending that amount of money on a player who will do nothing rather than score goals. Villa could put that money to better use elsewhere. If they aren't providing chances for Bent then he'll offer them very little, if anything at all.

Exactly this. Houllier's managing to turn a team who were consistently there or thereabouts for the European spots and should have been looking to strengthen and possibly better that, into a team now struggling to get out of the drop zone.

Good point that.

i dunno, i quite like bent.

my mrs is a liverpool fan and we were discussing who they should be targeting if they want to finish in the top 10 this season (:laughing: top10, love it)

basically agreed they should be looking at guys who have a proven record of being able to perform in the EPL - so guys like Bent, Parker, Shawcross, Santa Cruz, Kranjcar...

whats the point in going for foreign targets when theres guys who are just waiting to make the step up

having said that, 24 million is ridiculous.

my mrs is a liverpool fan and we were discussing who they should be targeting if they want to finish in the top 10 this season (:laughing: top10, love it)

basically agreed they should be looking at guys who have a proven record of being able to perform in the EPL - so guys like Bent, Parker, Shawcross, Santa Cruz, Kranjcar...

whats the point in going for foreign targets when theres guys who are just waiting to make the step up

As a Liverpool fan as well I agree with that,obviously it'll never happen but given the chance I'd gladly take all of those mentioned and punt a good half a dozen, if not more, of the dross that are currently there. Poulsen has done nothing, same goes for Babel and Kyrgiakos is just a Greek Jerel Ifil!

That's what I'm saying dude. Not saying he isn't a very good EPL striker I just don't think he is THAT good.

I also think if they keep Torres Bent would be a poor signing for Liverpool. Kranjcar is a brilliant shout though.

Care has to be there to score. Great poacher. Worth the money in my opinion. He'll outscore Dzeko no problem and he was more expensive.

The fact Villa playing up top on his own means they are effectively playing with ten against eleven. City are all over Villa and I'll be very surprised if City don't win.

Bent is not near the class of Dzeko.

1st half

Man Cirt peppered Villa's goal near the end, deflections hitting the post, headers inches wide.

Villa got out of jail and Bent took his goal well. He got the winning goal and credit to him for that but if (I know my auntie had a knob then she'd be my uncle) City had gotten the luck at the end then Bent's overall performance would have been looked at as below average.

Man Cirt peppered Villa's goal near the end, deflections hitting the post, headers inches wide.

Villa got out of jail and Bent took his goal well. He got the winning goal and credit to him for that but if (I know my auntie had a knob then she'd be my uncle) City had gotten the luck at the end then Bent's overall performance would have been looked at as below average.

End of the day bent scored, villa got 3pts and mancity got nothing for having good possesion...