This wiki is a great page for season by season stats (although the goals scored are league only, so whether Stavrum scored more than his 17 league goals I'm not sure, Shearer was the last to score more than 20 league goals, with Vernon on 9, it's not impossible)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_FC_seasons

I meant 20 over a season not in the league although it isn't impossible for him to get another 11 in the league. He's got 13 right now in all competitions. 1 more on saturday, 2 midweek, 2 at hampden on the 29th and then 2 at pittodrie on the 1st of Feb. Job Done :laughing:

I meant 20 over a season not in the league although it isn't impossible for him to get another 11 in the league. He's got 13 right now in all competitions. 1 more on saturday, 2 midweek, 2 at hampden on the 29th and then 2 at pittodrie on the 1st of Feb. Job Done :laughing:

yeah I completely understood what you meant, I thought that was obvious from my reply :) Both totals and spl only stats are of interest, and both are deemed historically relevant..

if we have a player who gets 20 league goals in a season you can bet he'd be gone the season after it.

He did sign up for 2 seasons I believe. so, he'll either be here next season or we may get soem cash for him. Given he has been around the block a bit, I would put money on him being here next 20 goals or not. Maybe he's found his club and we'll see him banging them in for a number of years yet!

This wiki is a great page for season by season stats (although the goals scored are league only, so whether Stavrum scored more than his 17 league goals I'm not sure, Shearer was the last to score more than 20 league goals, with Vernon on 9, it's not impossible)

http://en.wikipedia....deen_FC_seasons

Interesting reading.

There aren't that many guys who have ever scored more than 20 league goals in a season.

Also, shockingly, last season McLean was top league scorer with 5, the lowest figure ever recorded by top scorer in our history. Scary stuff.

Interesting reading.

There aren't that many guys who have ever scored more than 20 league goals in a season.

Also, shockingly, last season McLean was top league scorer with 5, the lowest figure ever recorded by top scorer in our history. Scary stuff.

5 goals for a top scorer (who was only here was 6 months) is unacceptable imo.

Im so pleased we have Vernon this season.

I though it was 12? :itch-chin:

Nope, 13 it is.

Soccerbase seems to agree with me that it's 12.

http://www.soccerbas...?playerid=33620

I think one of the 'goals' he scored against Hibs in the 4-2 win officially went down as an own goal.

BBC said somewhere that it had now been credited to Vernon. Think it was during the highlights clip.

Vernon grabbed his 12th and 13th goals of a decent first season in Scotland - it is 13 because his strike against Hibernian at Pittodrie has now been credited to him, having originally gone down as a Sol Bamba own goal.

There were a few beauts on here who wrote Vernon off from the start.

He's a natural scorer and he grafts too.

Very true Tommy, i certainly wasn't one of them anyway as i thought his brief cameo away to St Johnstone was decent enough, i definitely saw something in his play. Did more in that short time than Miller would have done in 90 mins. Delighted he's continued his good form. Well done Scott :applause: