Time To Take Back Our Game

Hi folks,

Hopefully one or two of you might remember me (I'm a Hearts fan) from a couple of years ago when all the hoo ha was going on over the Old Firm charging their disgusting 5% tax to sell tickets for away games. Well, now I'm back :0)

First off, I take my hat off Terry Butcher for his comments on the BBC last night.

Secondly, please have a wee read and sign this (if you wish) http://www.gopetitio...tion/42156.html

Feel free to place the link to the petition on any piece of the internet you see fit.

It's not REALLY about saying you will not go to watch your team ... it's more about making a very real threat. The only kind that those "in power" understand. One that will hit them in their pockets.

IT'S TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR GAME!!!

Cheers

youngy

Personally believe what Butcher said last night, to be a crock of sh*te.

That said, I do think the fans get treated very poorly by the powers that be.

Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of fans who say that the 16 team league is the way to go, have thought it through very well. We are not armed with all the financial details like Chairman are. In an ideal world, yes, this is great - more teams, more diversification. But the reality is this will mean less money for teh likes of Hearts and AFC. Can we do with that in this financial climate? Nope.

So for that reasons Youngy, I'm out.

I can't get the link to open but is this another boycot idea like the Tims one to 'punnish' the SFA over the treatment of Lennon?

If so count me out, as a boycot will only hurt the game even if you take the long run into account.

Banners at games with stand up protests etc. especially on telivised games would be a more effective protest & wouldn't hurt our clubs in the pocket.

Hi folks,

Hopefully one or two of you might remember me (I'm a Hearts fan) from a couple of years ago when all the hoo ha was going on over the Old Firm charging their disgusting 5% tax to sell tickets for away games. Well, now I'm back :0)

First off, I take my hat off Terry Butcher for his comments on the BBC last night.

Secondly, please have a wee read and sign this (if you wish) http://www.gopetitio...tion/42156.html

Feel free to place the link to the petition on any piece of the internet you see fit.

It's not REALLY about saying you will not go to watch your team ... it's more about making a very real threat. The only kind that those "in power" understand. One that will hit them in their pockets.

IT'S TIME TO TAKE BACK OUR GAME!!!

Cheers

youngy

totally agree with your campaign youngy but I'm awa to piss all over your parade

What difference do you think a petition is going to make exactly when AFC had a survey before all this to see what their fans wanted. The result of that survey was resounding, around 85% wanted league expansion and most of those a 16 team league. Our illustrious leader though decided our opinion was worth jack sh*t at pushed for this 10 team garbage that has just been voted through.

If you read the McLeish report he also recommends expansion, he only puts the 10 team option there for immediate financial reasons and nothing else. His 1st option was expand with play offs for euro places and relegation...

I'll sign but I really dont think its going to make one ounce of difference to the reconstruction. I actualloy feel that the clubs have just hammered the final nail in the coffin of Scottish football with this vote and for being a dirty hun Butcher spoke a lot of sense last night.

I can't get the link to open but is this another boycot idea like the Tims one to 'punnish' the SFA over the treatment of Lennon?

If so count me out, as a boycot will only hurt the game even if you take the long run into account.

Banners at games with stand up protests etc. especially on telivised games would be a more effective protest & wouldn't hurt our clubs in the pocket.

You been to Pittodrie lately? Banners are banned and standing is for away fans only F-n-D. Its pathetic, totally pathetic. They've killed what little atmosphere we had...

totally agree with your campaign youngy but I'm awa to piss all over your parade

What difference do you think a petition is going to make exactly when AFC had a survey before all this to see what their fans wanted. The result of that survey was resounding, around 85% wanted league expansion and most of those a 16 team league. Our illustrious leader though decided our opinion was worth jack sh*t at pushed for this 10 team garbage that has just been voted through.

If you read the McLeish report he also recommends expansion, he only puts the 10 team option there for immediate financial reasons and nothing else. His 1st option was expand with play offs for euro places and relegation...

I'll sign but I really dont think its going to make one ounce of difference to the reconstruction. I actualloy feel that the clubs have just hammered the final nail in the coffin of Scottish football with this vote and for being a dirty hun Butcher spoke a lot of sense last night.

Difference is ... get enough names and this gets sent to the CLUBS not the SPL.

The only way most of the other SPL clubs will ever stand up to the Old Firm is if their fans MAKE them. The only way their fans can make them is by letting them know that they WILL be hit in the pocket if they don't start listening.

Difference is ... get enough names and this gets sent to the CLUBS not the SPL.

The only way most of the other SPL clubs will ever stand up to the Old Firm is if their fans MAKE them. The only way their fans can make them is by letting them know that they WILL be hit in the pocket if they don't start listening.

It wasnt just the OF, Hearts, Hibs and ourselves were also amongst the bullies. This needed 11-1 votes, the OF couldnt push it through by themselves.

Personally believe what Butcher said last night, to be a crock of sh*te.

That said, I do think the fans get treated very poorly by the powers that be.

Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of fans who say that the 16 team league is the way to go, have thought it through very well. We are not armed with all the financial details like Chairman are. In an ideal world, yes, this is great - more teams, more diversification. But the reality is this will mean less money for teh likes of Hearts and AFC. Can we do with that in this financial climate? Nope.

So for that reasons Youngy, I'm out.

Ditto.