• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this on evening webiste and though, what is that it....400k???

Surely, we should start at a million and then work downwards if real offers actually come in, this headline reads come and get him to me, 400k isn't a lot of money for championship sides to take a punt on if there really is interest down there for him.

Then again the more I think................maybe that's exactly what they are hoping, show that we're not looking for much so someone does try and buy him and we don't loose him for peanuts

Sounds like sloppy EE journalism. That's the baseline for him given his age. We should be looking for a bit more especially now Goodwillie has put himself out of the frame for anyhting but a jail sentence in the short term. Surely Bebo is now the most eligible young striker in Scotland?

In fairness we would be very very lucky if someone was willing to pay 400k.

Perhaps but it's what we are due whether it is offered now or we get through tribunal.

Seeing as (as long as we offer him a contract at the same or higher wages) we will be due money if he decides to leave I have to agree with Weapon's second paragraph.

I think the point (not reflected as per usual in the EE Headline) is that it will cost 400k to move Maguire anyway so that's the minimum a club will need even if they sign him in the summer. If he goes now it will be for more, I'd say 600-700k, otherwise utterly pointless for us to sell him when we will get that in the summer.

Perhaps but it's what we are due whether it is offered now or we get through tribunal.

Seeing as (as long as we offer him a contract at the same or higher wages) we will be due money if he decides to leave I have to agree with Weapon's second paragraph.

Don't think the money we would get as compensation is anywhere near 400k. Think the benchmark is the players salary.

Really?

Sheltered life you've lived :laughing:

Vernon(personally my fav striker since Shearer), Blackman(loanee), Velicka(having a laugh), Magennis(I don't rate him personally), Paton(unfullfilled promise), Mackie(well we all know about the Dazzler).

vernon (magic, quality finisher) blackman (scored more than vernon in a worse team at motherwell) veliicka ( had 2/3 games and hasnt been given a chance) megennis ( jurys out) paton ( hes ok) mackie ( best player under mcghee until he got injured)

name a year where stikers were better in the last ten years?

Don't think the money we would get as compensation is anywhere near 400k. Think the benchmark is the players salary.

Well according to Craig Brown on a redtv interview the other week it is.

I'm not sure if wages has anything to do with it but years spent training with the club definitely does. It's maybe some sort of collaboration of both.

Currently trying to find a link but works pc is crashing everytime.

vernon (magic, quality finisher) blackman (scored more than vernon in a worse team at motherwell) veliicka ( had 2/3 games and hasnt been given a chance) megennis ( jurys out) paton ( hes ok) mackie ( best player under mcghee until he got injured)

name a year where stikers were better in the last ten years?

Hes affa frustrating is Paton....

Its like he could so easily be a good striker...but hes not! McGhee played him wide a lot and he did ok running at fullbacks, but his final balls were sh*te. I agree with what a lot of people have said about the lad though - give him a few games up front as an out and out striker and I reckon the goals would come. Unfortunately I see him as a future division 1 player, probably a good player in a mid table team.

Dont agree about Mackie - yes he has been playing well but surley the best player thus far (especially under McGhee) was Folly?

Aye, I think the whole point of what Craig Brown is saying is to his agent, if they don't come up with a club willing to play 400k (even in the summer) then he'd be as well signing on again. A wee bit of pressure on the agent fae the boss. Also lets it known that he would be available for right price now. I'm a bit torn on this one, he's shown some good form but I'd be interested to see who Brown would unearth if he went and a few hundred grand would be useful.

My vapours are telling me that he's going to have a barnburner against sellick in the semi. Playing against the team you support and wanting to show them what they're missing, he'll be like Tostao (or was it Gerson) in the '70 world cup final, waiting until after half time to boss the game. zzzzzz snooze zzz eh? whassat.

^^This

Magiure has a lot to learn and yet to prove himself consistently at Senior level.

Best thing he could do is show some loyalty and sing up for another 3 years, stay here fore another year or two, prove his worth and then move on, nettnig us a fee in the process.

He'd be a better player for it, get a better move and less likley to disappear into the oblivion that is lower elague English football.