Velicka Can Leave Dons

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what went on there. That was a turning point for me. I really wanted McGhee to succeed but that was dreadful business. Perhaps his hands were tied but to lose your player of the year, only full back on the books and all round most versitile player in the squad for a cripple who had done very, very little in years and how was similar in many aspects of his game to two new signings and an emerging youngster (Gibson) was a very strange bit of business.

There probably is still a decent player in Velicka but I'm nae sure he's got the hunger to get back to full fitness.

Is that it?

Does Foster come back the other way so we can sell him?

I think before we sell foster but every player gets to stand in a line and kick him in the stones for the comment " At the moment Aberdeen are the worst team in the league" when he was at a press conference a few weeks back........we know this ya wee plick but you belong to us so shouldn

There probably is still a decent player in Velicka but I'm nae sure he's got the hunger to get back to full fitness.

That's it in a nutshell, the guy's made his career cash and he's got no real zest to motivate him any more.

45 mins against Hearts at Pittodrie told me all I needed to know about him. His body language was all wrong for a supposed SPL footballer.

Hands in his sleeves, that says it all really, he couldna be arsed.

Can't be a huge surprise to anyone who has seen Velicka lumber into view - he still knows where the goal is but is so unfit it is an embarassment. We were shafted by the huns and apparently bent over to let them do it. Just another part of putting the house in order - well done CB and AK.

Getting Foster back would be a plus.

Dont know the exact deal to do with wages but say for example we're paying a percentage of his wages and the huns paying the rest along with Fosters. If that's the case then seems perfect sense to send him back if we're able to and hopefully be able to get in the midfielder we're after and maybe a left back also. Either that or this is where the money is to come for the signings we've already made

McGhee was one arrogant MF, and quite simply Ricky (a fairly intelligent boy) questioned him and that was that, McGhee spat the dummy and cut his nose off to spite his face.

I don't blame Ricky F for any of this, but even though he hasn't exactly said anything wrong to the media during regarding us - the whole things still thinks and he's tarnished for me.

Not really his doing but i don't want him as a Dons player again - quite happily take the money.

An article in the Herald a few days ago said that Velicka had no future at Ibrox, which he probably knows. So, what has he got to play for. I'd guess he's just marking time until the end of the season when he will be off to some other club/country to maybe last another season or two. He seems to have been much more of a liability than an asset.

No idea what went on there. That was a turning point for me. I really wanted McGhee to succeed but that was dreadful business. Perhaps his hands were tied but to lose your player of the year, only full back on the books and all round most versitile player in the squad for a cripple who had done very, very little in years and how was similar in many aspects of his game to two new signings and an emerging youngster (Gibson) was a very strange bit of business.

Supersimmie posted the following regarding the Velicka-Foster deal back in November in a thread on Paton. Google cached the page so I was able to recover it. It certainly doesn't sound like McGhees hands were tied.

Re the loan thing - not sure anyone in their right mind would want to be punted to that Dundee sh*t hole just cuz the manager created a glut of strikers. In fact according to Chris Gavin, Willie Miller pleaded with him to not go through with the Velicka Foster deal as he was aware of how short we would be in defence

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CHVklbPoNBgJ:www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D34649%26st%3D60+site:http://www.afc-chat.co.uk+chris+gavin+foster+velicka&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

• Site Sponsor

There is a point being missed here. Foster is pish.

There is a point being missed here. Foster is pish.

So is Velicka and we have lots of strikers, Foster is a fullback of dubious merit (not completely cack like Ifil) and a man marker of reasonable competance. He may never figure in the best 11 AFC players of all time but he offers more, and certainly pre transfers would have offered a great deal more, than Velicka.

I'd like Foster back, it gives us options - Velcika here or gone does not unless you have a pie stall.

I don't think it is completely bum deal for the dons on this one. I see Foster moving on in the summer for minimum 250-300k and very much doubt that would have happened after a season with the dons, player of the year or not. So it has been good in raising Foster's profile and it has hardly ruined our season completely.

I actually can't believe folk are still clinging to the "Foster is sh*te" line. Sometimes you need to ignore what a player isn't capable of and look at what they can offer. Foster didn't get a move to the Hun by mistake. He's a more than competent SPL player and he's been missed this season.

No one thinks he is overly sh*te. He is better going forward than Broadfoot and better defensively than Whittaker thus at least adequate for the Huns. We are horrific at getting money for our players though so would be very keen to get him sold for a nominal fee and replaced by McNamaee or another bosman.

So AFC have asked Rangers to get Velicka a transfer this month? Does that mean that we get Foster back if they do and we don't if they can't move on Velicka. Call me cynical but I don't think the huns will try to hard if that's the case.

Unluckily for us - no. Velicka is contracted to Aberdeen on loan until the end of the season regardless but we dont want him so either Rangers take him back or they find another club for him. If not we are stuck with him!!

Absolute joke bit of business by our f**kwit of our legendry ex manager. The more I hear about the the things that went on and see the business he did here, the more his incompetence and uselness is magnified, he was a complete and utter disaster as a manager here.

This deal is up there with the Billy Dodds and

Unluckily for us - no. Velicka is contracted to Aberdeen on loan until the end of the season regardless but we dont want him so either Rangers take him back or they find another club for him. If not we are stuck with him!!

I'm no lover of Foster so I'm not that bothered about getting him back. Footballers like Velicka frustrate the hell out of me. He obviously does have the ability but he is blatantly lazy and doesn't put in the effort to get fit. Anyone lucky enough to get the chance to play football for a living that doesn't try has something mentally wrong.

I'm no lover of Foster so I'm not that bothered about getting him back. Footballers like Velicka frustrate the hell out of me. He obviously does have the ability but he is blatantly lazy and doesn't put in the effort to get fit. Anyone lucky enough to get the chance to play football for a living that doesn't try has something mentally wrong.

Agree - Lithuanian Steve Lovell.