Moving On Up

Finally, in the first time in over a year, dons fans have something to shout about, Craig Brown and Archie Knox may well have just saved our football club. They've worked wonders ever since theyve arrived. The mood has changed in the dressing room, the board room and on the terraces. I for one have been very very impressed with the lad rob milsom. Hes fantastic when he's on the ball and works endlessly. I truely hope that he can prove that the worst is behind him and win a deal here at pittodrie. Come On You Reds!

Like others I'm delighted by the improvement in quality and mood. The players brought in seem to fit into the basic needs of the club and the right things appear to be getting done and said.

Many sides (Hibs excepted) get a boost with a new manager - there are good reasons to be positive and not expect this to be a flash in the pan - however I will only count the chickens when they are hactched. At present we are firmly in the bottom half of the league and on merit, our recent goiod form notwithstanding. It will take contiuing hard draft and good organisation to get us out of it. I think we have the best management set-up in the SPL and so am hopeful the good days will continue but so far we have won nothing and are bottom half.

Like Oliver I want more!

COYR!

:scarf::trophy::scarf:

We've become the Aberdeen of old again, a side who can seriously worry the two from Glasgow.

It's as it should be, we're a big club who have every right to expect to challenge them.

They are getting weaker and we are getting stronger. Celtic canna spend hand over fist for ever.

It's a fantastic turnaround.

We've become the Aberdeen of old again, a side who can seriously worry the two from Glasgow.

It's as it should be, we're a big club who have every right to expect to challenge them.

They are getting weaker and we are getting stronger. Celtic canna spend hand over fist for ever.

This hits the nail on the head. I was very proud of the display that the dons put out at parkhead on saturday. I am fully aware that we still got beat and all but i firmly believe that we emerged from that game with more credit than celtic, You could sense the fenians discontent at their sides performance, But in all honesty they should have been happy, they are a very poor side playing against a reformed aberdeen team. They really need to be at their very best on saturday, otherwise were going to have too much for them. COME ON YOU REDS!

dry your eyes

I aint upset, just can't be doing with that sh*te, but I knew when I saw you had posted it would be something along those lines, I'm just impressed you managed to complete a whole post without mentioning weegies :applause:

I can't be bothered getting into some debate about what terms are and aren't acceptable, to me Huns, and its equivalent, Tims is fine, you're referring to supporters of the OF, the f word aint, its the equivalent of using racist language like n****er, and I don't think its wrong to object to it, some of you do, hey, we all have our own moral compass, and no-one can say theres is right, but I'd much prefer words that are clearly sectarian or racist were not on here, its not really what Stand Free is all about.

I aint upset, just can't be doing with that sh*te, but I knew when I saw you had posted it would be something along those lines, I'm just impressed you managed to complete a whole post without mentioning weegies :applause:

I can't be bothered getting into some debate about what terms are and aren't acceptable, to me Huns, and its equivalent, Tims is fine, you're referring to supporters of the OF, the f word aint, its the equivalent of using racist language like n****er, and I don't think its wrong to object to it, some of you do, hey, we all have our own moral compass, and no-one can say theres is right, but I'd much prefer words that are clearly sectarian or racist were not on here, its not really what Stand Free is all about.

In all fairness i never use Fenian either just Tims

Chill oot you Weegie muppet :sheepdance:

Much as i like the sentiment, I hardly think the OF are quaking in their collective boots about an aberdeen team that managed 4 shots off target compared to 4 shots on target and 5 off and only saw 44% of the ball

In the 9-0 loss we actually had more shots on target than we did at the weekend

Feet firmly planted on the floor like we're not really going to scare the OF with 1-0 loses and no shots on target are we

That said a marked improvement - are we a top 3 team - dont know are we a top six team - we always were.

We are probably approaching where we should be currently rather than where we want to be

dont say its like using the n word, you lose all arguments when you get to that stage! its one of those points like its what the nazis did, you kill the argument when you let your point get to that stage. At the end of the day, this was a topic merely about the progression of our beloved aberdeen football club you came on and ruined it, and what are you on about me being able to not mention weegies:S, this is my first ever post so i think you have me mistaken for someone else?

dont say its like using the n word, you lose all arguments when you get to that stage! its one of those points like its what the nazis did, you kill the argument when you let your point get to that stage. At the end of the day, this was a topic merely about the progression of our beloved aberdeen football club you came on and ruined it, and what are you on about me being able to not mention weegies:S, this is my first ever post so i think you have me mistaken for someone else?

Hes on about some of my previous anti Weegie rants i think :unsure: :unsure:

Much as i like the sentiment, I hardly think the OF are quaking in their collective boots about an aberdeen team that managed 4 shots off target compared to 4 shots on target and 5 off and only saw 44% of the ball

Feet firmly planted on the floor like we're not really going to scare the OF with 1-0 loses and no shots on target are we

That said a marked improvement - are we a top 3 team - dont know are we a top six team - we always were.

We are probably approaching where we should be currently rather than where we want to be

I think that this is very well said, However i still do feel that we were the better side, especially in the last half hour. There goal was hitting us on the break and zander was struglling to make it back, I am proud of the display of the dons on saturday, We are a side not exactly brimming with confidence either so we showed a lot of bravery at parkhead too!, So lets hope with a win tomorrow night we can go in to the semi with a bit more belief. But the point i was generally trying to make was that we have a lot more to be pleased about than celtic fans after that game and i actually think that we should be the more comfortable going in to the game as all pressure is on them

Bear in mind Brown has worked this near miracle with someone else's team.

Bear in mind Brown has worked this near miracle with someone else's team.

yes he has got us in a good place - i dont think that has the OF even anywhere near worried yet

same shots as the 9-0 game but 3 of them in taht game were on target compared to none on saturday

we have stabislised - we arent scaring anyone at the moment

tbh its a question to ask

if brown is a very good manager - at the level you are suggesting - then we should be performing ABOVE ourselves and being better than the sum of the parts, but you have to remember where we have come from

We were without doubt under McGhee MASSIVELY less than the sum of our parts ( in fact at point you wonder if instead of a minus sign a division sign was sometimes used)

What we dont know YET is if Brown can make us better than the sum of the parts.

Has brown just got us playing as well as we should or has he got us playing better than we should?

Yes it is currently great but is it great compared to what it was or great compared to what it should be? i'd argue taht at the moment the evidence on applies to the former not the latter - we havent seen anywhere near enough to apply it to the later

Whatevere at the moment I doubt Rangers or Celtic are quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing aberdeen

yes he has got us in a good place - i dont think that has the OF even anywhere near worried yet

same shots as the 9-0 game but 3 of them in taht game were on target compared to none on saturday

we have stabislised - we arent scaring anyone at the moment

tbh its a question to ask

if brown is a very good manager - at the level you are suggesting - then we should be performing ABOVE ourselves and being better than the sum of the parts, but you have to remember where we have come from

We were without doubt under McGhee MASSIVELY less than the sum of our parts ( in fact at point you wonder if instead of a minus sign a division sign was sometimes used)

What we dont know YET is if Brown can make us better than the sum of the parts.

Has brown just got us playing as well as we should or has he got us playing better than we should?

Yes it is currently great but is it great compared to what it was or great compared to what it should be? i'd argue taht at the moment the evidence on applies to the former not the latter - we havent seen anywhere near enough to apply it to the later

Whatevere at the moment I doubt Rangers or Celtic are quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing aberdeen

Aye but he's only been in the door less than a couple of months. In that time he has massively exceeded expectation.

Brown is tactically sound, something McGhee never was. That's the difference we are seeing now.

When he gets some money to spend we will be even better than we are at the moment, and we're good now.

Summertime will herald the real red revolution, the one oft promised but never delivered by McGhee.

We will worry the Old Firm in every game with this manager, mark my words.

In the words of a great actor with a great screen name (The Wolf) from a great film: -

"Let's not go sucking each others dicks just yet, Gentlemen".

It's been fantastic under CB & AK. The upward positive trend has been remarkable. Not that I want to be agreeing with (the normally negative) Bamber all too often but we have to appreciate where we've come from only last month. It's been a magical revival and a great start. Let's not get our hopes too high just yet. It would be awesome if our expectations can be exceeded for these next four months but let's keep it real. We still have major weaknesses in our squad and a fuller recovery will take time.

A cup final come 5.00 Saturday would certainly help, and Brown's no stranger to winning at Hampden.

We have the players to worry Celtic, and their brutalising of Maguire early last week was a sign they know it.

This time the venue and support is more neutral. We've every chance.

To quote stats about McGhee's team at Parkhead, in comparison to Brown's, is certainly negative and misleading. The difference between the two teams is night and day as we can all see clearly.

There will be no capitulations any more, for certain. Look at Brown's Scotland team and their defensive record, remarkable.

Last time out at Hampden we shipped four to Queen of the South. That's unimaginable now even against a reasonable Celtic side.

If we can get the breaks, we'll beat them.

Fair enough, the point being we will no longer be cowed and a narrow-ish 1-0 defeat at Parkhead, where we were recently humiliated represents huge progress with the bulk of the same team used.

We have yet to play them at home and we always give them a game at Pittodrie in any case.

Under this manager the attitude will change and we will no longer have the inferiority complex which has dogged us for some time in Glasgow, we will go into every game believing we have what it takes to win.

Brown will have done his homework on Celtic and I think we might sneak it on Saturday, but either way there will only be a goal in it.

I'm going 2-1 for the Dons.

First the Union Jack and now fenian. Our support turning blue?

I agree. Fenian is a word with connotations of religious bigotry. Hun and Tim are not.