Moving On Six Months

While this season still has a lot in store for us, especially with us having a long awaited realistic chance of a cup or maybe even two :crossfingers::sheepdance:

I'm jumping ahead to the summer & build up for next season.

I really cannot wait to see what Craig & Archie can come up with for us for next season. They have given me very high hopes that they are more than capable of bringing in decent signings & will not waste wages on pointless/needless signings, in short our little money will be well spent by this pair.

I hope SM realises what he has here now & will support them going forward with Aberdeen :crossfingers: & if by some great miracle we finally win a cup or two this season, then that will hopefully loosen the purse strings that little bit extra.

I know folk will say let's concentrate on this season the now & I agree & am fully focused on it & very excited about the roller coaster ride we are on as it's a huge relief after the 18 month queue for this ride under Mark McGhee but I still cannot help but let my mind wonder a little now & then & imagine what Brown can do with a Summer window & full pre season with us.

Onwards & upwards for the Dons again & we can look forward to exciting times again very soon I feel.

:popcorn:

You make a lot of good points. ALL of Brown's signings so far have been till end of season, so will be interesting to see if McNammee and Milson stay beyond the end of the season, as they have certainly impressed so far. January was always going to be a patch up job, summer is when the real action will start.

Should be a reasonable amount of wages saved to play with in the summer, as would expect Ifil and Zander to move on, plus potentially Howard, Young and maybe even Aluko and Maguire.

Depending on how we do in the cups this season, would expect season ticket sales to be up on last few seasons which hopefully will be added to the pot.

In Brown we trust

Last 15 years or so in SPL there is not much evidence of managers improving a team gradually. Normally they get appointed and the first year or so is the peak of their performance so in saying that we need to focus on this season and trying to claim a long awaited cup win and strong finish to league season.

You make a lot of good points. ALL of Brown's signings so far have been till end of season, so will be interesting to see if McNammee and Milson stay beyond the end of the season, as they have certainly impressed so far. January was always going to be a patch up job, summer is when the real action will start.

Should be a reasonable amount of wages saved to play with in the summer, as would expect Ifil and Zander to move on, plus potentially Howard, Young and maybe even Aluko and Maguire.

Depending on how we do in the cups this season, would expect season ticket sales to be up on last few seasons which hopefully will be added to the pot.

In Brown we trust

I'm certainly renewing again.

Couldn't justify it under MM I'm afraid to say & decided that Horse racing was more appealing so was only going to pick & choose my games.

Will be in regular attendance again next season (work allowing)

• Site Sponsor

While this season still has a lot in store for us, especially with us having a long awaited realistic chance of a cup or maybe even two :crossfingers::sheepdance:

I'm jumping ahead to the summer & build up for next season.

I really cannot wait to see what Craig & Archie can come up with for us for next season. They have given me very high hopes that they are more than capable of bringing in decent signings & will not waste wages on pointless/needless signings, in short our little money will be well spent by this pair.

I hope SM realises what he has here now & will support them going forward with Aberdeen :crossfingers: & if by some great miracle we finally win a cup or two this season, then that will hopefully loosen the purse strings that little bit extra.

I know folk will say let's concentrate on this season the now & I agree & am fully focused on it & very excited about the roller coaster ride we are on as it's a huge relief after the 18 month queue for this ride under Mark McGhee but I still cannot help but let my mind wonder a little now & then & imagine what Brown can do with a Summer window & full pre season with us.

Onwards & upwards for the Dons again & we can look forward to exciting times again very soon I feel.

:popcorn:

OUT

Langfield

Diamond

Ifil

Aluko

Paton

Howard

OUT

Langfield

Diamond

Ifil

Aluko

Paton

Howard

Agreed except for Aluko & Paton cos I'd like to see what Brown can get out of them.

We extend Alukos contract & we can maybe then sell him if it doesn't work :dontknow:

The right mix of experienced players coming in to look after the likes of Fyvie, Jack Pawlett etc. I very much look forward to

• Site Sponsor

Agreed except for Aluko & Paton cos I'd like to see what Brown can get out of them.

We extend Alukos contract & we can maybe then sell him if it doesn't work :dontknow:

The right mix of experienced players coming in to look after the likes of Fyvie, Jack Pawlett etc. I very much look forward to

Possibly, but largely and this goes for Maguire as well, he has played like a fanny. Maguire has shown a lot more recently but I ain't getting caught up in the hype surrounding him. He hasn't done nearly enough to earn a new contract. Neither has Aluko.

Possibly, but largely and this goes for Maguire as well, he has played like a fanny. Maguire has shown a lot more recently but I ain't getting caught up in the hype surrounding him. He hasn't done nearly enough to earn a new contract. Neither has Aluko.

With rgds Aluko (not bothering speaking about Bebo cos that will only bring up all the usual pash about him) I think it's only under MM that he's been sh*te & most of Browns time he's been injured to be fair to the lad.

I see enough in him to deserve a fair crack under Brown

Just noticed my post number.

What a year :trophy: unofficial world champions

Agree. Pa Broon has told Maguire to stay put and learn his trade, so if that means giving him similar or reduced terms then fine but as you say not worthy of a longer extension for him to then possibly piss it all away. But if we were to get a decent off er than we should take it.

Aluko i must admit i'm still unsure of. Can Jack and Victor get the best out of him? Here's hoping, but he really needs to knuckle down and earn an extension.

A major achievement of Mr Brown and Mr Knox appears to have been in gaining the respect of the players, almost from the time of their appointment. In addition, the fact that Blackman chose to follow them to Aberdeen speaks volumes. Maybe this time round we won't see players so anxious to leave. If Maguire has any sense, and maybe Aluko as well, they will realise that staying on will do wonders for their footballing careers in the long term.

In Brown we trust

The short term nature of the signings so far has really struck me too. CB has done an excellent job bringing in the quality he has in such a short time frame. But come Summer I would like to see him tie up signings on long term contracts. Due to some of the shockers we've had in the past there seems to be a recent tendency to only offer 2 year contracts to new signings. But I feel we can trust CB to only sign quality and as such SM/WM should let him sign players for 3 or even 4 years. Should give us an edge over the competition by having a solid long term base of players and they'll be worth more if we sell them to the weegie filth or dawn south.

If ever there was a time to gamble on the future it is now. In CB we trust indeed.