Ask Mark Mcghee

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can 30 Million people be wrong ?

Quite easily I would imagine, one buys, the rest follow.

How many folk buy the News of the World every week? Clearly it's millions as it's the most powerful news organisation in Europe.

If you subscribe to Sky Sports, you are partially responsible for the destruction of Scottish fitba.

And does all this money benefit English fitba? Does it hell, it's concentrated in the pockets of a few obscenely rich players and slithering agents.

To answer both of you, I usually just go to games.

Anything else I watch is free to air.

I don't have the slightest interest in English football so dinna watch it even if it's on in the pub.

I'm more concerned at the state of the game itself, which has whored itself for cash, and is now effectively a cartel operated by the big teams to the absolute detriment of all others.

Not how it should be, at all.

I don't have the slightest interest in English football so dinna watch it even if it's on in the pub.

I'm more concerned at the state of the game itself, which has whored itself for cash, and is now effectively a cartel operated by the big teams to the absolute detriment of all others.

That's fair enough, each to their own.

I would gladly watch more Scottish football on TV(I have football of my own on Saturday afternoons so don't/can't go to games) but since I was 8 my parents have had Sky and with it Sky Sports so I've been brought up with more English football at my immediate disposal than Scottish.

I agree it's not the way it should be but there's sadly very little that can be, or it seems ever will be, done about it.

What he said is completely correct, but him blaming people for paying their Sky Sports subscriptions is NOT the reason why Scottish Fitba is sh*te, and that's what I was getting at, hence why I asked.

I agree with everything he wrote - but disagree in the fact he thinks Sky Sports wrecked Scottish game. The Scottish game is pish, simply because it is PISH, no other reason.

Reads "Yea it is Skys fault, but you cant blame the folk that fund Sky and keep them going, so er, actually, its no ones fault, its just the way it is, I agree with everything, but that means I am to blame, so, er, um..... fingers in my ears...not listening...."

Wouldnt give Sly a penny.

:blahblah1: Like we're going to believe that you never watch SPL games in the pub before you go to games or Sunday SPL games on Setanta when they were on?

Get off the high horse, fair enough you don't subscribe & I can respect that but don't try to make out you will not watch it if it's on. :rolleyes:

What about those that like the best of both worlds?

We'd have a better league if we left English fitba to it's own devices.

It used to be barely a footnote in the newspaper in the 80's, and zero TV coverage. Coincidentally our league enjoyed it's strongest period in Europe then.

We need to start believing in our game again, and f**k Murdoch and his Sky TV cartel.

:blahblah1: Like we're going to believe that you never watch SPL games in the pub before you go to games or Sunday SPL games on Setanta when they were on?

Get off the high horse, fair enough you don't subscribe & I can respect that but don't try to make out you will not watch it if it's on. :rolleyes:

It's Sky TV I have an issue with, not Setanta, and of course I would watch SCOTTISH fitba on Setanta.

It's the English league causing us the problem, and no, I dinna watch the games.

It's Sky TV I have an issue with, not Setanta, and of course I would watch SCOTTISH fitba on Setanta.

It's the English league causing us the problem, and no, I dinna watch the games.

Setanta were doing exactly the same as Sky though?

Would you say then that you would only watch Scottish fitba on Setanta but not on Sky?

Agreed. It is such a ridiculous stance to take. How dare we like the idea of being entertained by foreign football, wherever it may be. How dare we pay

Setanta were doing exactly the same as Sky though?

Would you say then that you would only watch Scottish fitba on Setanta but not on Sky?

To be honest the subscription price for all satellite televised football bears no resemblance to the actual value of the game.

People are giving a solid fortune to these companies every month and they are frittering it all away on the top few teams in England. It's ludicrous, as they spend it all and more on wages.

I get Sky through cable & pay a monthly subscription for it but also still spend on my club (sky has had no effect on this) as i'm sure is the same with a lot of fans because we do not only like Aberdeen, we also like football in general & will watch any game if it's on :dontknow:

I didn't spend under MM but that was for other reasons & nothing to do with sky.

Money has & is ruining football but sky is only one of the aspects of this.

Rules need to be changed with regards how funding is spent but stopping watching the TV is not the way. IMO

Money has & is ruining football but sky is only one of the aspects of this.

No, Sky created it, and they encourage people to believe that English football is on another plane.

It's not, the money is, hence they buy up all the talent, that's not competition, that's a fix.

The money created the problem, Sky created the money, and the armchair fan subsidises it.

It's a circle of funding and has made piped football more popular than actually attending a match.

No, Sky created it, and they encourage people to believe that English football is on another plane.

It's not, the money is, hence they buy up all the talent, that's not competition, that's a fix.

The money created the problem, Sky created the money, and the armchair fan subsidises it.

It's a circle of funding and has made piped football more popular than actually attending a match.

So what's the difference between that & say one club that has a billion supporters that all buy the clubs strip which then makes that club rich & the club is then able to buy up ALL the talent cos it's the richest club by other means than that of sky money, or just a rich investor coming to a club for a hobby?

Sky is not the problem, it's the ones controling the funds that are the problem & the players greed for themselves also.

There's lots of problems