Ryan Jack

Clearly Brown made an error with the tactics today and Jack should have played. So positive on this guy, he is going to be a quality player so hope hes on a long term contract. I understand the nature of brown playing experienced players to get us up the table but also believe if your good enough your old enough which Jack certainly is. On that same note would also like Pawlett to be played a bit more.

Yup, should've been on from the start. Consistantly been among our best players every time he's been in the team so a bit dismayed that he wasn't trused to start.

That was the first game I've seen him play out wide and he was very impressive there as well. He played a cute little first time ball to Maguire (when he rounded the keeper and shot over) that showed the vision and touch of someone several years his senior.

Still can't believe how badly we played :( Relying on Considine and McNamee has our sole options out wide (whether that was the theory or not that's how it was in practice) was suicide, but as has also been said, we could've stopped every Celtic goal if the players had their heads screwed on. We still made them look like the Harlem f**king Globe-trotters though.

Brown might have felt defeat was a given (although would not openly admit this) and did not want to ruin the lads confidence, but CB is still learning about his players, i think Jack should have played instead of Young, Young is gash, runs about but offers nothing.

Lets not forget our injuries and new players, it was a tall ask to beat a side that hammered us 9-0 and Hearts 4-0. If we're all honest enough I doubt anyone was confident we'd win this game. Celtic played the off side trap so well, whch is why the long over the top ball dd not work, we need to keep it on the deck and work it into the box, but dont have the players...yet.

Clearly Brown made an error with the tactics today and Jack should have played. So positive on this guy, he is going to be a quality player so hope hes on a long term contract. I understand the nature of brown playing experienced players to get us up the table but also believe if your good enough your old enough which Jack certainly is. On that same note would also like Pawlett to be played a bit more.

They are good players right enough and are used to the team around them.

I reckon too many new faces and not enough time to gel as a team was half the problem

Agree, can see why Brown went for experience and changed it but personally would have went with same team that won up at Inverness - if it ain't broken then don't fix it and all that stuff. Jack did well up there with his goal so was unlucky for the lad not to start yesterday. Seems to have recovered from being played as a full back by McGhee.

Agree, can see why Brown went for experience and changed it but personally would have went with same team that won up at Inverness - if it ain't broken then don't fix it and all that stuff. Jack did well up there with his goal so was unlucky for the lad not to start yesterday. Seems to have recovered from being played as a full back by McGhee.

You obviously didn't see the game at Inverness.

We were rank there and even worse yesterday.

Yeah but Brown has to look beyond the last result, he has to pick the team he thinks will get us a win against Celtic, he did that but we got pumped again, presumably his team will be slightly different for Tuesday but the end result will probably be the same, be glad to finish in the bottom 6 to avoid playing these fkn c unts!

I get what you're saying, but all due respect Caley. But Celtic are a vastly different proposition than Inverness.

Brown and Knox felt that the way they set up would have contained Celtic. They got that wrong and they probably know that themselves.

Going back to the Ryan Jack thing.

This lad is the future if of our club has shown up well recently.

More so than his Captain has.

Amazed he didn't start especially as CB has praised his performances since him and Archie came to the club. You never know it might have been a different game if we played 4-4-2 with Jack starting cause we looked more comfortable in possession at that point but of course the Tims had taken the foot off the gas by then.

We really need to beat those c**ts on Tuesday as i can't handle the Ginger prick getting one over us again.

Clearly Brown made an error with the tactics today and Jack should have played.

Yeah, all true.

Biggest mistake he made though was having us depend on such a hapless bottle merchant as keeper.

Though to be fair, I don't suppose he would be likely to know the boys history and his tendency to have an arse collapse as soon as we have anything remotely resembling a big game.

Sort it Broon. If that plug remains, he will be the biggest barrier to any hopes of you having success at AFC.

I f**king guarantee it.

Yeah, all true.

Biggest mistake he made though was having us depend on such a hapless bottle merchant as keeper.

Though to be fair, I don't suppose he would be likely to know the boys history and his tendency to have an arse collapse as soon as we have anything remotely resembling a big game.

Sort it Broon. If that plug remains, he will be the biggest barrier to any hopes of you having success at AFC.

I f**king guarantee it.

Clangers will NOT be here next season i'm pretty sure of that. In fact i don't think any of the guys out of contract this year will be here next season.