The Defensive Bermuda Triangle

• Site Sponsor

Langfield , Diamond and Considine.............. all should be gone by the end of the season

I'd play Considine and McArdle as the centre backs for the rest of the season. I think there is a partnership there. Diamond plays like a fud most weeks but always gets to play centre back, let's give Considine a chance there in a fair run in the side.

If after that he doesn't cut it then move him on. Diamond, no question he should be off of the payroll as he has gone backwards.

I'd play Considine and McArdle as the centre backs for the rest of the season. I think there is a partnership there. Diamond plays like a fud most weeks but always gets to play centre back, let's give Considine a chance there in a fair run in the side.

If after that he doesn't cut it then move him on. Diamond, no question he should be off of the payroll as he has gone backwards.

I just think Andy isnt improving and he seems to be going backwards, his distribution and use of the ball was appalling on Saturday, he had one real nice shank out of the park. As someone said Brown will be able to source someone far better

McArdle is too small and canna really pass the ball. Sell or free him, he's not good enough.

We need big strong centre halves if we are to avoid the bullying evident against the likes of Celtic and Hearts this season.

Hopefully Brown has a couple in mind for the summer, until then I'd go with Considine and Ifil and drop Diamond and use McArdle only in an absolute emergency.

McArdle is too small and canna really pass the ball. Sell or free him, he's not good enough.

We need big strong centre halves if we are to avoid the bullying evident against the likes of Celtic and Hearts this season.

Hopefully Brown has a couple in mind for the summer, until then I'd go with Considine and Ifil and drop Diamond and use McArdle only in an absolute emergency.

Strength of mind as well Tup we need leadership at the back, the complete abdication of responsibility is sickening

McArdle is taller than Considine and same height as Ifil!!

The thing is, Langfield isn't up to it, we all know that eventually he'll fk up majorly. Whether we can afford better I don't know, I take it we have no decent keepers in the ranks ready for a promotion?

Considine is not a fullback or a footballer. He's a decent defender but is exposed when he has the ball at his feet, if we're not going to play him as a marker at the back we might as well hook him altogether. McArdle's total piss and has been all season, again it could be argued that he' at his worst when he's asked to be a footballer but I don't think we can afford to have two loons at the back that can't play football, one of them has to go.

Anyways, I am sure Brown has another midfielder lined up to solve our defensive problems.

I mean too small bulk wise, too lean. Considine has more presence.

Folk being critical of Considine for his distribution must take account of the fact he's playing out of position. This is painfully obvious. I think he's a fairly good centre half, certainly better than McArdle.

Size isn't simply a factor of height but I know you love to reduce a discussion to stating some stats. :-)

However not sure on tup's comments re McArdle, I actually think he is about on a par with our other centre backs physically and seem to remember him picking a decent pass or two out. Certainly got to be a better passer than Ifil or Diamond and probably Considine?

Don't think you need to be built like a brick shithouse to be good at the job , it's more about how you use your energy.

Ergo , an understanding of physics should be compulsory.

Don't agree with wholesale dismissals either. I think Diamond has lost the right( regrettably ) and that the chemistry and understanding would improve with a back line of McNamee , McCardle , Considine Vujadinovic.

I mean too small bulk wise, too lean. Considine has more presence.

Folk being critical of Considine for his distribution must take account of the fact he's playing out of position. This is painfully obvious. I think he's a fairly good centre half, certainly better than McArdle.

As has McArdle. No big fan of either but of that 2 McArdle for me every time.

Ifil wouldnt have been muscled off the ball as easy as Diamond was by Rogne for the third goal

I agree, because Ifil would do what he did against Daly in the United game, and rather than attempting to challenge for the ball would back off 5 yards and not even pretend to go for it, Diamond is truly sh*t, but still a far better option that the woeful Ifil.

I thought the worst defender on Saturday was Vuja. Howver I hear he has an injury, and thats why he was hooked? Not convinced. Diamond lost it a long time ago, and time for him to go. I don't rate McArdle as a full back, but he always solid to me when playing centre half. No coincedance that who looked more solid when Vuja got taken off and he moved more central. Granted, this could also be due to the fact Celtic stopped trying. I'd keep Andy as a squad player. He to is not a full back, but have seen him play well at CB in the past. I'd try McNamee and maybe Jack at full back, with Considine and McArdle in the middle, see how that works. However, changes need to be made in summer. Build from the back. And I believe Craig Brown will get it sorted come summer!

• Site Sponsor

I just think Andy isnt improving and he seems to be going backwards, his distribution and use of the ball was appalling on Saturday, he had one real nice shank out of the park. As someone said Brown will be able to source someone far better

He never gets a run at centre back yet Diamond is the week in week out making a c.unt of things. Nothing to lose dropping Diamond and giving Considine a go. Even give Grimmer a go but get bomb scare out.

• Site Sponsor

The thing is, Langfield isn't up to it, we all know that eventually he'll fk up majorly. Whether we can afford better I don't know, I take it we have no decent keepers in the ranks ready for a promotion?

Considine is not a fullback or a footballer. He's a decent defender but is exposed when he has the ball at his feet, if we're not going to play him as a marker at the back we might as well hook him altogether. McArdle's total piss and has been all season, again it could be argued that he' at his worst when he's asked to be a footballer but I don't think we can afford to have two loons at the back that can't play football, one of them has to go.

Anyways, I am sure Brown has another midfielder lined up to solve our defensive problems.

Eventually!!!!!

We have lost so many goals this season from corners or free kicks into the box, every one of them is useless.

We need a commanding CH who can go win balls in the air and a keeper who can come for balls with confidence

Agreed - despite us taking 11 players back in this new fad zonal pish. Worrying trend of late is how often goal machine Vernon's man is scoring.

I agree, because Ifil would do what he did against Daly in the United game, and rather than attempting to challenge for the ball would back off 5 yards and not even pretend to go for it, Diamond is truly sh*t, but still a far better option that the woeful Ifil.

This

I thought the worst defender on Saturday was Vuja. Howver I hear he has an injury, and thats why he was hooked? Not convinced. Diamond lost it a long time ago, and time for him to go. I don't rate McArdle as a full back, but he always solid to me when playing centre half. No coincedance that who looked more solid when Vuja got taken off and he moved more central. Granted, this could also be due to the fact Celtic stopped trying. I'd keep Andy as a squad player. He to is not a full back, but have seen him play well at CB in the past. I'd try McNamee and maybe Jack at full back, with Considine and McArdle in the middle, see how that works. However, changes need to be made in summer. Build from the back. And I believe Craig Brown will get it sorted come summer!

And most definitely this

not easy to improve when you are playing as a full back and you are a centre half.