If Diamond gets offered a new contract I will march from Musselburgh to Pittodrie, sleeping in ditches on the way, with my pitchfork and my blazing torch to set fire to Stewart Milne's menagerie of rare, tropical birds.

Diamond has not stalled, he has regressed. What we thought were just 'rough edges' when he initially broke into the first team are in fact just symptoms of the way he plays the game. He is now 25 and too set in his ways to ever change. He got out-muscled by that well-known strongman, Hooper, again this evening. His positioning is suspect. He has the touch of a blind rapist. For someone who looks like an actual giant he is surprisingly pish in the air. He lacks pace, brains and awareness. His few decent seasons for us came when Russell Anderson, God bless his soul, was there to nurse him through matches. Even then he got found-out, as during Jimmy's genuinely decent season (when we finished third), the first-choice defensive partnership was Anderson and Considine.

You don't really want to be a slightly worse centre-half than Andy Considine. That is in no way a suggestion of competence.

It must be clear to everyone now, including him, that he will never be good enough to get his dream move to Celtic and I suspect that this has psychologically f**ked him up. He might, might, be able to do a job for one of the half-decent teams in the First Division, assuming that his attitude doesn't completely nosedive if he leaves Pittodrie, but he isn't an SPL defender.

Gary Hooper owns Diamond.

Diamond now has some kind of psychological problem concerning this guy.

I for one hope he doesn't get a contract extension and will be glad when he heads for pastures new. He's regressed since he broke onto the scene and IMO he's never been that good or promising anyway.

Considine, Diamond and Langfield seem to always have nightmare games against Celtic recently. Its very concerning, as we looked aweful at the back for long periods last night

I noticed at the beginning of the game when the Tims were doing their pishy huddle, Diamond looked away. Probably cause if he looked he would have shed a tear at not being involved in it.

Perhaps shedding a tear at the prospect of realising he never will be involved,let's face it the lad is not good enough to compete with the likes of Hooper and Stokes. Agree with KSL, he was absolutely owned,AGAIN.

Seems a lot of people are jumping on the back 4 without Diamond, is Sunday the perfect opportunity to test it out?

• Site Sponsor

Perhaps shedding a tear at the prospect of realising he never will be involved,let's face it the lad is not good enough to compete with the likes of Hooper and Stokes. Agree with KSL, he was absolutely owned,AGAIN.

Seems a lot of people are jumping on the back 4 without Diamond, is Sunday the perfect opportunity to test it out?

Yes but without Langfield as well.

I got torn a new arsehole on here a few years ago for daring to suggest that Diamond should be telt tae get tae.

The pishy comments in response were stuff like " he fights for the jersey", well im sorry - this isnt a skill that makes you worth wasting a shirt on, if thats all you can offer then bolt. And take yer giant two foot gapped teeth with ye.

He is a hideous example of a defender. He has always been nothing other than shockingly bad.

He is a complete fanny of a human being and should be hunted out of the city immediately.

Poor mans Darren Dods i tell ye.

How many times has Diamond been outmuscled and fallen to the deck when running with Hooper this season? Absolutely ridiculous for a supposed professional centre half.

I think now that Brown has brought in players of genuine quality in McNamee, Milsom and Smith, some others are really beginning to be shown up for what they really are and I feel Diamond is one of them.

How many times has Diamond been outmuscled and fallen to the deck when running with Hooper this season? Absolutely ridiculous for a supposed professional centre half.

I think now that Brown has brought in players of genuine quality in McNamee, Milsom and Smith, some others are really beginning to be shown up for what they really are and I feel Diamond is one of them.

Thats a good thing isnt it. The last thing we all want is for imposters like Langfield,Diamond etc to con Brown and Knox into keeping them long-term so perhaps its a good thing that they are playing to form and making a c**t of themselves and the club.

This season is a washout and the bigger picture is more important and the sooner we are rid of a few of these wage robbing hoors the better.

At the start of last season when Diamond was injured, the centre half paring was Considine & Awful and I thought they did okay together under the circumstances but when Diamond came back into the side, we were a worse team for it.

Diamond has had is hour of glory and when he renewed his contract last time, I was happy he did so but as mentioned, he has regressed and he's not worth a new contract. For the next few games Diamond needs to warm his arse on the bench and I would have McCardle & Considine as the centre pairing

Diamond is horse and him being one of top earners at the club is more laughable than his pathetic attempts at defending. He is also lacking in the brain cell department and proves it repeatedly.

Get rid of in the summer and have a rake through the countless free transfers that will be available.

• Site Sponsor

He's a better goalkeeper than Howard RTYD.

Two new keepers this summer must be priority.

I've seen six years of Langfield and about six hours of Howard. I'd go with Howard for the rest of the season as he is absolutely no worse than Langfield, no worse at all.

Even at the tail end of last year I got hassle for labelling Diamond as sh*te.

When Seve left and people were calling for him to be captain I said no chance as he can't keep himself focused on a game for ninety minutes and not make mistakes never mind marshall another ten around a pitch.

He hasn't progressed at all from when he came through. He was very raw but he was brave and threw himself in front of everything. He got stuck in and popped up with the odd goal here and there. He made mistakes but we all put it down to inexperience and it seems Anderson bailed him out a helluva lot as Anderson was a great covering defender.

Diamond still makes the same basic errors but unfortunately we don't have Anderson here to pick up the slack and baby him through a game.

Needs to go. Bottom half League One will come calling.

Diamond is horseshit and has been for a while now!! but far from stickin up for him i want t know why the f**k considine isna egttin critiscised just as much?! if anybody is pissed off with diamonds form then youd be either retarded or blind nae t see that considine is utter balls ana!! showin his stupidity and terrible decision makin again last night by pullin back brown!

mcardle and another for cb pairin for me like, simple.

Diamond is horseshit and has been for a while now!! but far from stickin up for him i want t know why the f**k considine isna egttin critiscised just as much?! if anybody is pissed off with diamonds form then youd be either retarded or blind nae t see that considine is utter balls ana!! showin his stupidity and terrible decision makin again last night by pullin back brown!

mcardle and another for cb pairin for me like, simple.

Many times in the past I've had a go at Considine. Mostly within the confines of Pittodrie and once or twice on here.

Firstly, he's not a LB. A decent CB, but not a LB.

I've always noticed that he stands off his man too much given the guy too much space and a head start on through balls. Same lastnight. I remember a few seasons ago against Killie up here a long high ball played over the defence in Considines area and again he'd completely lost his man. Guess what. It cost us a goal.

For me he's another who has struggled with the responsibility of being a 'senior' defender.

From what I've heard his auld man wisnae that great and looks like Andy's keeping up the family tradition.

Even at the tail end of last year I got hassle for labelling Diamond as sh*te.

I vividly recall arguing with, and being slated, as little time ago as the Kilmarnock game in October? about the merits of Diamond. I hope those people are man enough to stand up and say "I was wrong".

Complete anti footballer.

And for the record Considine is an atrocious footballer also.

And you know my feelings on Langfield and Young.