Aberdeen now have a pretty decent squad with plenty of depth in my opinion and to be honest I can't see us having the same numbers next season as we do just now.

I have listed my first choice 11 for the next few games, and my choice of subs assuming no injuries and suspension to anyone else and Aluko returning

Langfield

McNamee McArdle Considine Smith

Jack Hartley Milsom

Blackman Vernon Maguire

Subs

Howard, Diamond Aluko, Vujadinovic, Young, Pawlett, Magennis

not used.

Folly (injured)

Mackie (injured)

Fyvie (injured)

Paton

Megginson

Anderson

Robertson

Now this means that we can have 4 unavailable players on top of Folly Mackie and Fyvie and not have to rely on having youngsters who've never started a game on the bench.

There is therefore no reason why we can't go on a decent run of games and pick up the lions share of the points between now and the split.

But as I mentioned earlier in the summer I can see the squad having it's numbers trimmed significantly as there is no where near space for 25 senior players on our books.

Aberdeen now have a pretty decent squad with plenty of depth in my opinion and to be honest I can't see us having the same numbers next season as we do just now.

I have listed my first choice 11 for the next few games, and my choice of subs assuming no injuries and suspension to anyone else and Aluko returning

Langfield

McNamee (injured) McArdle Considine Smith

Jack (injured) Hartley Milsom

Blackman Vernon Maguire

Subs

Howard, Diamond Aluko (injured) Vujadinovic (injured), Young, Pawlett, Magennis

not used.

Folly (injured)

Mackie (injured)

Fyvie (injured)

Paton

Megginson

Anderson

Robertson

Now this means that we can have 4 unavailable players on top of Folly Mackie and Fyvie and not have to rely on having youngsters who've never started a game on the bench.

There is therefore no reason why we can't go on a decent run of games and pick up the lions share of the points between now and the split.

But as I mentioned earlier in the summer I can see the squad having it's numbers trimmed significantly as there is no where near space for 25 senior players on our books.

Four others added to the injury list (short term hopefully mind but all the same) Out of that current list of what? 25 man squad? we have 7 injured, that's more than quarter.

When will we get some good luck for a change?

I recall reading the rosters at the beginning of the season of all the SPL teams... wish I'd saved it.... and Aberdeen had the smallest roster of first team players in the league. At the time I (wrongly, it transpired) thought we could make up for our lack of numbers with the quality of the players on our books.

Unfortunately it turned out that not only didn't we have a big squad, the players in question were crap.

That's a bad combination... a thin squad of pish players.

If the club has any ambition at all it needs to maintain a decent roster of squad players.

But you're probably right... it won't.

There's a good thread on Peter Pawlett,Forbes. I think he is more than capable of breaking into your team, ideally for the lad Jack. Apart from that I agree with that starting xi

I don't think on current form jack deserves to be dropped. Brown doesn't seem keen on Pawlett, not even a start yet under him.

I don't think on current form jack deserves to be dropped. Brown doesn't seem keen on Pawlett, not even a start yet under him.

Played well for only the last two games. Good strike at Inverness. Outside that he hasnt done much of note.

Pawlett is just back from a long absense,there is no way Brown is going to rush him back. Came on as a sub the last few games, no evidence to suggest that he isnt keen on him.

Played well for only the last two games. Good strike at Inverness. Outside that he hasnt done much of note.

Pawlett is just back from a long absense,there is no way Brown is going to rush him back. Came on as a sub the last few games, no evidence to suggest that he isnt keen on him.

Pawlett looked sharper last night a couple of decent runs

Would have expected him to start by now been on the bench in every one of browns games I think

Brown says he's looking to take in another player this season who's not with a team......any ideas whos free that's decent?

link:

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Default.aspx?UserKey=

If you read the article it doesnt specifically say hes currently searching - think its more along the lines of "if we can find a decent player whos un-attached then yes we would be interested". It doesnt say "we are going to buy someone who is un-attached"

Evening Express, paper of the year 1866

If you read the article it doesnt specifically say hes currently searching - think its more along the lines of "if we can find a decent player whos un-attached then yes we would be interested". It doesnt say "we are going to buy someone who is un-attached"Evening Express, paper of the year 1866

That's because you don't need to buy someone who is unattached!!!

I think our squad is as strong as any outside the OF, with the obvious exception of Hearts - who pay about 3 times the wages.

I also don't think that I'd expect it to be too much smaller (perhaps a couple of players) next season.

Ifil leaving will have freed up a fair amount of finance - it just depends how much Maguire, MacNamee and Milsom are looking for in terms of increases on their current deals.

I can't think that anyone else in the squad will be knocking down the manager's door to demand a massive rise considering their performances over the last year.

---

Richard Foster still to return to add to the current lot as well....