Players You Want Replaced

Not looking for arguments or people slating others opinions just for the hell of it.

Just would like to see the general opinion of the fans on here with regards who to keep or bin

My choices are...................

To be binned for sure are....

Clangers (good shot stopper but that's it, not even good back up keeper)

Howard (same as above rgds not even good back up)

Diamond (in his short season this season, how many goals has he caused???????)

Young (ok squad player for us but i believe Brown can get better for same money)

That's basically all the ones that I see as MUST go players, others could be given a chance to prove they can fit in to Browns plans.

Must try our best to keep hold of...

Vernon (got him anyway for at least another season)

Blackman (would love to extend his loan)

Milsom (please sign this lad up FT)

Stevie Smith (extend his loan, or better still sign him)

Vujadinovic (extend his loan if possible cos I don't believe he's as bad as his last two games suggest)

McNamee (decent LB)

try to also keep

Maguire (let Brown & Knox teach him right) we can always sell him if he extends.

Others we have anyway & can keep pushing for regular first team slots & add to competition......

Pawlett, Jack, Fyvie etc. these guys show great promise for the future.

Ones that can stay & try to fight for some games or even go out on loan are the likes of..

Mackie (Impact sub now at best to annoy tired legs)

Magennis (far from finished article but good also for pressuring tired defenders)

Paton (loan him out)

We have other promising players coming through but I cannot fairly comment on most of them, the likes of Mitch Megginson I have heard good things about but another loan out maybe to give him more games.

I like that I can feel confident that even if we do lose some of the players we have now that we'd ideally like to keep, i have enough faith in Brown & Knox to find more than adequate replacements for them & more still that he will find players that will firstly be seen as players to play in their actual positions & not brought in because they can play also in other positions, so just sign them for that their weaker position, just in case we need them for their actual position later

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor

Not looking for arguments or people slating others opinions just for the hell of it.

Just would like to see the general opinion of the fans on here with regards who to keep or bin

My choices are...................

To be binned for sure are....

Clangers (good shot stopper but that's it, not even good back up keeper)

Howard (same as above rgds not even good back up)

Diamond (in his short season this season, how many goals has he caused???????)

Young (ok squad player for us but i believe Brown can get better for same money)

That's basically all the ones that I see as MUST go players, others could be given a chance to prove they can fit in to Browns plans.

Must try our best to keep hold of...

Vernon (got him anyway for at least another season)

Blackman (would love to extend his loan)

Milsom (please sign this lad up FT)

Stevie Smith (extend his loan, or better still sign him)

Vujadinovic (extend his loan if possible cos I don't believe he's as bad as his last two games suggest)

McNamee (decent LB)

try to also keep

Maguire (let Brown & Knox teach him right) we can always sell him if he extends.

Others we have anyway & can keep pushing for regular first team slots & add to competition......

Pawlett, Jack, Fyvie etc. these guys show great promise for the future.

Ones that can stay & try to fight for some games or even go out on loan are the likes of..

Mackie (Impact sub now at best to annoy tired legs)

Magennis (far from finished article but good also for pressuring tired defenders)

Paton (loan him out)

We have other promising players coming through but I cannot fairly comment on most of them, the likes of Mitch Megginson I have heard good things about but another loan out maybe to give him more games.

I like that I can feel confident that even if we do lose some of the players we have now that we'd ideally like to keep, i have enough faith in Brown & Knox to find more than adequate replacements for them & more still that he will find players that will firstly be seen as players to play in their actual positions & not brought in because they can play also in other positions, so just sign them for that their weaker position, just in case we need them for their actual position later

Agree with all of that especially Clangers and Diamond - get rid.

I'd also bin Mackie at the first available opportunity as for the money he will be on, we can get better or invest in youth (similar position to Young).

Agree with everything else - good post.

Concur with all this - clearing Langfield and Diamond out should be our priority - there is a lot to be happy with in our team; there are weaknesses and they are costing us.

My concern is all these players CB has brought who are free to go at the end of the season - I'd hope we had some tentative deals in place with the likes of Milsom aqnd Smith - otherwise its almost back to the drawing board.

Concur with all this - clearing Langfield and Diamond out should be our priority - there is a lot to be happy with in our team; there are weaknesses and they are costing us.

My concern is all these players CB has brought who are free to go at the end of the season - I'd hope we had some tentative deals in place with the likes of Milsom aqnd Smith - otherwise its almost back to the drawing board.

Oh yeah yeah I agree with this also to an extent.

Just to look at it another way also though.

They've (Broon & Knox) shown they can adequately source decent players, so can again.

They've shown players that may not have been willing to come to us in the past that there is now a very good management team here now & these players will see us as a much better option now.

They've shown other (bigger team) managers that it's worth sending their players here on loan cos they will get games at a decent level.

They've shown in their short time here that they can get the best out of a team that before was only headed one way.

They've got bags of experience & player WANT to come here & play for them (Blackman for example)

They've got the contacts to source more players.

They've 'said' they also have contacts abroad.

They've still got the wee ace up their sleeve in that they've yet to tap up some of Fergies babes :thumbs:

Although this season is far from over, I am very much looking forward to next season under this management & I'm hopeful (& confident) that the board see the same as me & will back them that little bit more than they would the likes of most of our previous managers. I know I'd feel safer giving eg. £1 million to this pair to spend than I would giving the likes of MM or JC even half that amount.

& I still have hope for a good Scottish cup run also this season, Celtic haven't killed us off by a long way. We been wounded but we'll survive.

Onwards & upwards REDS

Oot-

Clangers - Good shot stopper but doesnt command his 6 yard box, flaps at every cross.

Zander - Has gone backwards every year since Rusty left, not necessarily ZD's fault, too much responsibility too young perhaps but we are in desperate need of a centre half of experience and consistency, who we can afford though i dont know.

Beard - Games against the OF have shown his legs have completely gone. He is able to look good against lower teams but i dont think he can continue to a job in the heart of midfield much longer.

Number of loan players is a worry, the ones we have certainly add value to our squad but we are going to have a continual turnover of players if we rely on 6 month loan deals all the time.

Out of our first team squad below, this is what i'd like to see in the summer if possible (In or Out):

1. Langfield - Out

2. McArdle - In

3. McNamee - Out (Really just injuries that worry me)

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - Out

6. Considine - In

7. Maguire - In

8. Hartley - In

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - Out (Although if he can finish the season without injury and form is better will see)

13. Vujadinovic - In (Although doubt Udinese will allow him to leave)

14. Young - Out

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

24. Blackman - Out (only cause we know Blackburn will want him back)

25. Myles Anderson - Haven't seen him play yet so unsure

27. Milsom - In :crossfingers:

33. Jarvis - ?

37. Shaughnessy - ?

41. J. Brown - ?

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

Currently out on loan

Bain - Out

Ross - Out

Stirling Smith - Out

Foster - In

Also hope that some more of the youth team make the grade like Low, Gibson and Grimmer (who we briefly saw last season).

1. Langfield - BIG FAT MASSIVE OOOUUUUUUTTTTT

2. McArdle - In

3. McNamee - In. Think he can be a good FB for us and been a bit unlucky with injury.

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - See 1

6. Considine - See 1

7. Maguire - In

8. Hartley - In. But won't manage every game

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - See 1

11. Aluko - Out. Has ability. Lacks commitment

14. Young - See 1

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

25. Myles Anderson - In. Likewise, ain't seen him but trust Mr Brown's judgement

27. Milsom - In

33. Jarvis - In. Decent cover for Smith hopefully at LB

37. Shaughnessy - BIG IN. He will take over from the ruff Diamond at CB

41. J. Brown - In

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

Currently out on loan

Bain - Out

Ross - Out

Stirling Smith - Out

Foster - See 1

Also hope that some more of the youth team make the grade like Low, Gibson and Grimmer (who we briefly saw last season).

1. Langfield - Out

2. McArdle - Out

3. McNamee - In.

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - In (if he takes a pay cut)

6. Considine - Out

7. Maguire - In

8. Hartley - In (if he takes a pay cut)

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - Out

13. Vujadinovic - Out

14. Young - In

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - In

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

24. Blackman - In :crossfingers:

25. Myles Anderson - Out

33. Jarvis - In

37. Shaughnessy - In

41. J. Brown - In

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

Currently out on loan

Bain - Out

Ross - Out

Stirling Smith - Out

Foster - In

Langfield - Out - cant understand how he is still here

2. McArdle - In

3. McNamee - In

4. Folly - In our player of the season

5. Diamond - Out had enough chances now

6. Considine - In good back up

7. Maguire - Out - no signs in any change in piss poor attitude, billy big time and tried to take the piss with contact - time to go

8. Hartley - Out - massive let down from him, all this wind and piss about being the ultimate proffesional is a crock of sh*te

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - In - good player to have on the bench

11. Aluko - Out over-rated pish

13. Vujadinovic - nout not suited to scottish game

14. Young - Out

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - IN - hasnt done much wrong

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

24. Blackman - In - looks to have a great attitude and looks like a team man

25. Myles Anderson - In

27. Milsom - In

Out of our first team squad below, this is what i'd like to see in the summer if possible (In or Out):

1. Langfield - Out

2. McArdle - In

3. McNamee - Out (Really just injuries that worry me)

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - Out

6. Considine - In

7. Maguire - In

8. Hartley - In

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - Out (Although if he can finish the season without injury and form is better will see)

14. Young - Out

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

25. Myles Anderson - Haven't seen him play yet so unsure

33. Jarvis - ?

37. Shaughnessy - ?

41. J. Brown - ?

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

Currently out on loan

Pretty much spot on, no arguments from me there

Langfield - Out

2. McArdle - Out

3. McNamee - In.

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - Out or shot

6. Considine - Out

7. Maguire - In

8. Hartley - In

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - In

13. Vujadinovic - Out

14. Young - Out

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - In

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

24. Blackman - In

25. Myles Anderson - Out

27. Milsom - In

33. Jarvis - In

37. Shaughnessy - In

41. J. Brown - In

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

Langfield - Out

2. McArdle - In

3. McNamee - In.

4. Folly - Out - feel we can do better

5. Diamond - Out or shot

6. Considine - In

7. Maguire - Out - doesnt score enough goal for a stiker

8. Hartley - In

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - In

13. Vujadinovic - Out

14. Young - In- does his job well enough,squad player

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out- wish him all the best but clearly has an attitude problem

20. Magennis - In- like his sheeer presence

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In- gotta give the lad a chance

23. Megginson - Too lightwieght,hes out

24. Blackman - In

25. Myles Anderson - Havent seen anything of him

27. Milsom - In

33. Jarvis - In

37. Shaughnessy - In

41. J. Brown - In

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

short, short memories

Langfield and Diamond were mainstays in a defence that racked up the 2nd most clean sheets in the league i seem to recall

players these days are as complex as they are thick, the mental side of their game has GOT to be right and thats especially the case with langfield and diamond.

get these 2 guys managed properly and playing consistently and they'll reward you

theyve been badly managed for the last season/2 seasons, give them a chance

you only need to look at langfields reaction to our goals, or his saves to see he cares, he really cares.

flip flop........... they had a top class cb marshalling the defence they are supine clowns who cannot lead

really?

why not look for a top class centre back then to marshall them through?

we've got Ifil's and Velicka's wage now, why not combine it and go out and bring in a RIGHT good centre half?

Milson has proved there are players out there

they have had their time, langfield has been making errors since day one, as has Diamond, I find it strange you got stuck into Considine about being a poof, Diamond was completely bullied by Hooper and is generally outmuscled in most games, have you a thread calling him a poof ?

Diamond is beyond the point of no return. Langfield has never been this side of the point. It's incredible that he's been at AFC so long.

Yet the reinstatement of Leighton was seen as a great masterstroke? He should of been screaming for Clangers to be shot, or he should have taken it upon himself to have broken one or more limbs of the fumbling fool to prevent our stupid managers from picking him. Leighton only cares about picking up his wage.

Brown is absolved from blame thus far but failure to punt Langfield in the summer would be sheer madness. He's been utter sh*te his whole career.

I agree with all this, Clangers and Diamond have had their chance - as well as being incapable footballers by their behaviour they have shown scant regard for their employers and that in itself is a reason to get shot. I do not want to hear of players contradicting the manager or watching a rival football team - their loyalty must be solely to the team that pays their wage.

1st time poster here (although I posted a couple of times just before the site went down in December) so hello and fit like to one and all.

I agree with general consensus on Langfield (too prone to catastrophic errors especially when he has time to 'think' ), Young (always been comitted but limited by overall ability and doesn't have the energy or stamina to compensate anymore), Howard (mistakes to appearance ratio at start of season was ridiculous), Mackie (probably time for him to move on although useful as sub when he can run legs off defenders), and jury still out on a few others for me; Aluko (worth keeping if he could stay fit), McNamee (not seen enough games to be sure but fitness seems to be problematic), Megginson (not really had enough of a run in the team to be sure), Magennis (wholehearted and rumbles up opposition but need to see him score a few goals), Hartley (no doubting his ability, commitment, reading of the game, leadership qualities but doesn't have the pace anymore to compete with young opponents).

The bit I don't get is that almost everyone seems to want rid of Diamond and keep Considine. I honestly can't see why we would want Considine in our team. He is slow, he's accident prone, he constantly gets the wrong side of opposition forwards whether he's in central defense or left back, his distribution is woeful and he doesn't even seem to win the ball in the air despite being bigger than most centre forwards. Only thing in his favour is he seems to have some level of commitment but that on it's own is nowhere near enough.

Meanwhile Diamond has had a poor season for sure but has improved a lot since Broon & Knox came in and makes good blocks in and around the box in almost every game. When he has Vuja or McArdle alongside him he looks pretty solid and I definitely think he would benefit from a decent run alongside a proper left sided centre back. Can't ever doubt his commitment or courage. I also think if he had a keeper he could trust the bombscare approach would go out of his game. It was only two seasons ago that everyone was screaming for him to be made club captain.

Having said that, if we could get some decent money for him, then getting shot of him and Considine and rebuilding the centre of our defence completely wouldn't be a bad shout.

Last but not least, what is everyone's problem with McGuire? He was outstanding against Celtic the other night and everytime I've seen him this season I think he's played well and on many occasions he's been our best player by far. We should be doing everything we can to support him and encourage him to stay at the club as he's destined for bigger things and if we can even keep him for another year we could get some serious money for him when he does move on.

short, short memories

Langfield and Diamond were mainstays in a defence that racked up the 2nd most clean sheets in the league i seem to recall

players these days are as complex as they are thick, the mental side of their game has GOT to be right and thats especially the case with langfield and diamond.

get these 2 guys managed properly and playing consistently and they'll reward you

theyve been badly managed for the last season/2 seasons, give them a chance

you only need to look at langfields reaction to our goals, or his saves to see he cares, he really cares.

Wasn't it Anderson and Considine who were the 1st choice CB partnership that season?

Diamond is shocking, when we punt him at the end of the season there will be nobody queing up to sign him.

Last but not least, what is everyone's problem with McGuire? He was outstanding against Celtic the other night and everytime I've seen him this season I think he's played well and on many occasions he's been our best player by far. We should be doing everything we can to support him and encourage him to stay at the club as he's destined for bigger things and if we can even keep him for another year we could get some serious money for him when he does move on.

Even getting over the fact that he is a ned, arrogant and cares more about himself than the team, there is the fact that he has treated the club like sh*te over his new deal, him and his agent have been in the papers for week saying big teams are after him and hes not interested in discussing a new deal, Truth is no c**t wants him.

If he was a player at another club he wouldnt even get a mention on here.

All that aside.

22 League games and only 3 goals is a f**king awful return and im confidant if Darren Mackie, Paton or Magennis were to get the same run in the team they would get a far better return.

Plus the three players listed actually look and act like they give a f**k about the team, maguire only cares about number 7.

f**k him - I cant wait till he leaves.

Even getting over the fact that he is a ned, arrogant and cares more about himself than the team, there is the fact that he has treated the club like sh*te over his new deal, him and his agent have been in the papers for week saying big teams are after him and hes not interested in discussing a new deal, Truth is no c**t wants him.

All that aside.

22 League games and only 3 goals is a f**king awful return and im confidant if Darren Mackie, Paton or Magennis were to get the same run in the team they would get a far better return.

Plus the three players listed actually look and act like they give a f**k about the team, maguire only cares about number 7.

Correct.

All that aside.

Don't get this at all - so from now on Aberdeen should only sign players who are well mannered, modest and always put others before themselves and who preferably don't have an agent trying to get them a move to a bigger club for more money - bring on the Utopia League !

Not a lot of Henrik Larson types kicking balls about scottish parks in case you hadn't noticed.

Don't have the stats but I'd put money on McGuire having most assists in those 22 games (most of which we lost and didn't score in anyway). He's only started up front a couple of times and is a constant threat out wide when the ball ever gets out of our own half. Works his arse off too when his not on the ball.

As for no-one else rating him, he was consistently one of the Scotland U21s top performers and now he's been called up to the full national squad but what does Craig Levein know?

Or Craig Brown & Archie Knox for that matter.

do players EVERYwhere not do that?

do you think maybe the boy is wondering why he should sign on again when the fans of his team talk about him in the way you have?

This is exactly what bothers me - why do Aberdeen fans slaughter players who can do a job for us, especially talented young players who apart from helping us to get up the league and recover some pride, could actually go on to be proper international stars and ultimately bring in a lot of much needed money to the club.

How much unselfish commitment do you expect from a 22 year old Glaswegian who gets pilloried like this by his own support and has to listen to all the 'in your glasgow slums' and 'you are a weegie' songs at every game - these songs are funny but think about it!

Other young players must see this too and wonder what the point is.

1. Langfield - Out (To many unforced errors now)

2. McArdle - Out (Just a terrible terrible player)

3. McNamee - In.

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - Out (Just a bombsacre and is a calamity every game)

6. Considine - In

7. Maguire - Undecided

8. Hartley - In (But used more limited)

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - In

13. Vujadinovic - Out

14. Young - In- (decent squad player)

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out (Tell me where he wants driven and I'll take him there)

20. Magennis - Out (Headless chicken syndrome and never a striker)

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In- (Great future, composed on the ball and rarely wastes a pass)

23. Megginson - (Deserves more chances and time)

24. Blackman - In (Akthough its nae gonna happen)

25. Myles Anderson - No idea

27. Milsom - In

33. Jarvis - In

37. Shaughnessy - In

41. J. Brown - In

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In

This is exactly what bothers me - why do Aberdeen fans slaughter players who can do a job for us, especially talented young players who apart from helping us to get up the league and recover some pride, could actually go on to be proper international stars and ultimately bring in a lot of much needed money to the club.

How much unselfish commitment do you expect from a 22 year old Glaswegian who gets pilloried like this by his own support and has to listen to all the 'in your glasgow slums' and 'you are a weegie' songs at every game - these songs are funny but think about it!

Other young players must see this too and wonder what the point is.

If you think Maguire was outstanding v Celtic you have pitiful low standards, he put a decent shift in no more no less

Don't get this at all - so from now on Aberdeen should only sign players who are well mannered, modest and always put others before themselves and who preferably don't have an agent trying to get them a move to a bigger club for more money - bring on the Utopia League !

Not a lot of Henrik Larson types kicking balls about scottish parks in case you hadn't noticed.

Don't have the stats but I'd put money on McGuire having most assists in those 22 games (most of which we lost and didn't score in anyway). He's only started up front a couple of times and is a constant threat out wide when the ball ever gets out of our own half. Works his arse off too when his not on the ball.

As for no-one else rating him, he was consistently one of the Scotland U21s top performers and now he's been called up to the full national squad but what does Craig Levein know?

Or Craig Brown & Archie Knox for that matter.

Maguire has the most assists to his name in the league outside of the Old Firm. Even then he is just 1 behind Weiss and Stokes.

I'll warn you though, Stoney just is not able to have a discussion about Maguire. He hates him, wouldn't get too wound up by what he says.

Langfield - Out

2. McArdle - Out

3. McNamee - In.

4. Folly - In

5. Diamond - Out

6. Considine - In

7. Maguire - In

8. Hartley - In - hopefully doing a bit more on the coaching side.

9. Vernon - In

10. Mackie - Out

11. Aluko - Out

13. Vujadinovic - Out

14. Young - In- squad

15. Pawlett - In

16. Stevie Smith - In

17. Fyvie - In

19. Paton - Out

20. Magennis - In

21. Howard - Out

22. Jack - In

23. Megginson - In

24. Blackman - In

25. Myles Anderson - if he isnt good enough to get in this squad, when will he be good enough?!! - out.

27. Milsom - In

33. Jarvis - In

37. Shaughnessy - In

41. J. Brown - In

42. Robertson - In

43. Fraser - In