Free Aberdonia

Waste of time. When we go away to places like Tannadice, Tynecastle and Ibrox it is us who get away with standing whilst home fans made to sit. Just the way it is.

Fully behind bringing back standing at games though.

The lad who runs Red Army 12 said at the last supporters meeting a petition is due to be realeased shortly for Aberdeen fans to back this if they wish.

The time has come for Aberdeen supporters of all ages and groups to join together and voice our displeasure at the treatment we recieve while trying to support our club at Pittodrie. There seems to be one rule for the Old Firm fans and one for us, each and every single game against either Rangers or Celtic highlights the issue for all to see yet nothing changes and for too long we've sat back and said nothing!!

Well now is the time to stand up and be counted, lets join together and let our club know that we won't be treated like dirt anymore and that we are the lifeblood of this club not a hinderance! Please sign up and when we get enough signatures we will go to the club and hopefully open up some discussions about how we can improve the current situation.

Doesn't actually say what the want to see improved. No suggestions, no ideas.

Tell the club what you want to see changed.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was started by some tw@t whose main gripe is either that "They" get to stand up during the game or because he has to move his ST seat a few times a year.

From my seat in the RDS Lower I've seen the Police/Stewards (quite rightly) treat rowdy Old Firm fans fairly badly.

from what i can read into it some dons fans in the south and main stands were treated harshly v celtic,and a lot of people seem to think the old firm fans get away with murder while the authorities can do what they want with the home support,we,ve all seen it i suppose.

some talk of a singing section as well which is long overdue at pittodrie,the guy who started the petition wants open dialogue with the club which is refreshing ...and i dont think this is a red army group thing either,its fans from all over.

signed and passed link on.

from what i can read into it some dons fans in the south and main stands were treated harshly v celtic,and a lot of people seem to think the old firm fans get away with murder while the authorities can do what they want with the home support,we,ve all seen it i suppose.

some talk of a singing section as well which is long overdue at pittodrie,the guy who started the petition wants open dialogue with the club which is refreshing ...and i dont think this is a red army group thing either,its fans from all over.

signed and passed link on.

Well at the supporters meeting it was the guy who runs the Red Army saying its him who is organising it.

It isn't RA12. If you recognised a few names from the signatures you could tell.

And why would you want to donate to iPetitions?

To me the petition is quite clearly to open dialogue with the club and not in support of a single decision/cause. But you still get people who will moan about wording/'professional'/objective :blahblah1:

Doesn't actually say what the want to see improved. No suggestions, no ideas.

Tell the club what you want to see changed.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was started by some tw@t whose main gripe is either that "They" get to stand up during the game or because he has to move his ST seat a few times a year.

From my seat in the RDS Lower I've seen the Police/Stewards (quite rightly) treat rowdy Old Firm fans fairly badly.

Not at all, the petition is at an early stage and will be added to and edited to suit the more feedback there is towards it. I've spoke to many Dons fans who are sick and tired of the way they are treated at Pittodrie especially during the Old Firm games, I'd also like to see the club do more to promote or encourage the fans to get behind the team as vocally as possible without the constant hassles it brings you at times. If you don't support this no problem but calling the person behind it a tw@t without knowing anything about him seems a little childish for a 30 year old. :nono:

Waste of time. When we go away to places like Tannadice, Tynecastle and Ibrox it is us who get away with standing whilst home fans made to sit. Just the way it is.

Fully behind bringing back standing at games though.

It's not just about the standing though K9, the way the fans are dealt with regarding flags or fans letting off smokes during the game, the sectarian singing which is supposed to be banned, the fact that for near enough every minute during the game the stewards/police face the Aberdeen fans and are constantly going into the to tell them to sit down, watch the game, mind their language while the hordes on the other side of the fence are left to their own devices.

Tuesday was the last straw for many, the red army 12 lads got hassled constantly the last 20 mins of the game all for trying to hold aloft the banner across the front of the south stand, stewards who are not supposed to lay a finger on a person physically trying to rip the banner from them and then pushing and shoving with said individuals, all who looked no older than 15/16.

If Aberdeen fc are happy to sit by and watch their fans get treated differently from the Old Firm supporters then there is something very wrong with individuals employed at the club.

In relation to this, is anyone in the know on whether or not giving the finger and w*nker hand gestures to Celtic players is against any sort of stadium rule or regualtion? My friends and I were told not to do it by some daft bint working as a steward. :confused:

Welcome to Pittodrie, now sit down and be quiet :ThumbsDown:

Not at all, the petition is at an early stage and will be added to and edited to suit the more feedback there is towards it. I've spoke to many Dons fans who are sick and tired of the way they are treated at Pittodrie especially during the Old Firm games, I'd also like to see the club do more to promote or encourage the fans to get behind the team as vocally as possible without the constant hassles it brings you at times. If you don't support this no problem but calling the person behind it a tw@t without knowing anything about him seems a little childish for a 30 year old. :nono:

I said "It wouldn't surprise me"... not that you were.

Anyhoo...I'm not against changes at Pittodrie. Better quality Stewarding is one thing that definately needs looked at.

You say about the club doing things to "encourage the fans to get behind the team as vocally as possible" - they have tried this already by closing the upper deck of the RDS for the East Fife and look what happened - a tiny minority went into meltdown about it.

Granted it's only one small thing but as fans we ALL need look at the bigger picture.

I said "It wouldn't surprise me"... not that you were.

Anyhoo...I'm not against changes at Pittodrie. Better quality Stewarding is one thing that definately needs looked at.

You say about the club doing things to "encourage the fans to get behind the team as vocally as possible" - they have tried this already by closing the upper deck of the RDS for the East Fife and look what happened - a tiny minority went into meltdown about it.

Granted it's only one small thing but as fans we ALL need look at the bigger picture.

Oh i agree totally, a lot of the Dons fans themselves need to take a look at themselves and ask if they are doing enough vocally to support the team, i'm not expecting everyone to stand and give it laldy for 90 mins as i couldn't manage that myself (too old) but sometimes when the going get's tough the team needs some backing from us. But there deffo needs to be some action taken and to get the club in to talks we need to let them see there are loads of fans out there who would back some sort of change for the good, the petition is just the begining and hopefully will be the start of a better future between the club and the fans.

Would really appreciate some help by the posters on here by singing up and supporting a cause that is for all Dons fans and not a single group of any sort.

I have signed it although I don't hold out much hope for things changing whilst the same people occupy the positions they do at pittodrie and at queen street police station. Best of luck with it anyway.

If you fight you might win, you might lose but if you don't fight at all then you've lost already.

help your fellow fan then mate,starting the morn .

regime....as in the board?

.... and just about everything and everybody involved with the policing of football and decision making in scottish football in general.

still dieing from the man flu as well but this week has given me time to think long and hard post hampden and that for me was the final straw. finished with them until such time some serious changes happen and I'm not holding my breath :(

Northside - were the people behind this petiton responsible for yesterdays protest in the South Stand during the match?

Nope not solely, Others who agree with wanting some change at Pittodrie and who are not happy with Ritchie being at the club were involved.

I fully support what they did and why they did it though.