Apportionment Of Spl Tv Money

Can anyone tell me what the current division of TV money is, between the SPL teams?

I know the the ugly sisters *used* to take 80% of the money between them (and then have the f**king gall to moan about lack of competition).

Anytime I criticise their fans for this, they are quick to assure me that this is no longer the case and it is an equal split nowadays.

Anyone confirm this, or do they still get an unfair share?

Ta.

Thanks for the info guys.

According to the link provided, first get 17% and second 15%.

So, still a bit of a stitch up, but much better than when the swine were taking 40% each.

If it was divided up by amount of times teams shown on TV the old firm would take even more. Unfortunately in our league the old firm are the main TV draw.

Thanks for the info guys.

According to the link provided, first get 17% and second 15%.

So, still a bit of a stitch up, but much better than when the swine were taking 40% each.

If that link is accurate and I believe it is then it's saying that regardless of if you're on the telly every other week or once a season you'll still get the same amount of cash?

That seems slightly odd. Is there not extra money comes in for live games or am I havering crap?

If that link is accurate and I believe it is then it's saying that regardless of if you're on the telly every other week or once a season you'll still get the same amount of cash?

That seems slightly odd. Is there not extra money comes in for live games or am I havering crap?

I'd say teams must get compensated cos they will lose some gate money & this is also another way in which the OF can gain a little extra

I think you still get cash for the cup games that are shown on the TV as that is separate to the league deal.

That definitely happens as the teams are all desperate to get a game against either Rangers or Celtic for the gate money and the chance of telly money.

It would seem then that the cash split isn't as bad as first thought as most games involving the scum brothers are when they are away from home which can only benefit the home team.

Granted you lose a touch in gate receipts but surelt nae that much